Another debate for the Republican presidential candidates, DeSantis leads, Trump abstains

I actually watched this one. In general, pretty impressed with everyone, the worst here would be 100X better than Biden.

Overall, here is the score:
  1. In absolute terms, voting from the head, Vivek Ramaswamy, a small but very smart East Indian guy has his head on the most straight of all four, and he is definitely the most unplugged from the Big Machine, but I fear he isn't the most electable because he is so smart, keyed into issues few voters understand so will likely be afraid to vote for him fearing he is too radical, when at this point, only radical change and the resolution to pull it off is just what we need.
  2. Voting from the heart, I have to go with Ron DeSantis. He is not only electable, not only has his head clear of what we need to do and has the proven track record of getting it done, but has the broadest appeal to more voters, to not only win the election, but feels "safer" to more people, men and women, young and old alike, especially folks wanting young, fresh blood, knowing we need change.
  3. I found renewed respect for Christie, he has a good head and a good heart, would make a good president and is a smart, accomplished, experienced old school conservative politician, but the guy got loudly booed, and no one even applauded after his closing arguments. He seems to be running on the I know what is better for you than you do even if you don't know it position. What killed him most was his constant anti-Trump rhetoric, at one point literally claiming that Trump was a bigger problem and danger than Biden himself.
  4. Nicki Haley is a tight, well-controlled candidate. Her connections to big industry and other things including a few of her positions worry me a bit, but she has a good position on many issues and I think would make for a very steady leader.
Then there is Trump. He is the big battle-cruiser in the room. Yes, his age is an issue. Yes, his legal battles are an issue. Yes, his failure (so far) to reinvent himself and especially, to sell himself to more people by going on national TV to come clean, admit he fell short and made mistakes, and is, after all, fallible and human like the rest of us despite the best of intentions continues to dog him IMO, and while by far the front runner, I remain optimistic on him beating Biden yet not fully convinced because of the issues above, media detraction and past history and drama which many may be weary of repeating or going through again, yet he still has the geomagnetic mass and armor to pull it off.

So, if Trump goes public, shows he still has the energy of 2016, and shows that he not only has learned and grown from past mistakes, makes America the issue for him more than getting even in a revenge tour, or telling us repeating three times again all the great things he's done in the past, and somehow evades getting railroaded by the leftwing courts into Criminal Of The Year to stay out of jail or at least remain eligible to run and can run a campaign with enough humility to allow voters to overlook his faux pas, I'm sure he will be the nominee with a good chance of beating Biden, but if for whatever reason, cannot or does not make it as nominee, I would be thrilled to have DeSantis as I feel he will appeal to a broader base to not only include most/all of Trump supporters but many in the middle and left as well, not only for his youth, his energy, his keen mind, but also for his vision for America which he does very well at expatiating to the voting public in ways I think they will both understand and want to follow.
Christie is not a conservative. New Jersey does not do that.

One meme to sum up last night's clusterfuck:

1701963352429.png

Nikki Haley would never get my vote.

Might as well vote for Hillary.

But guess what?

It matters not, because Trump will be the nominee.

And that's that.
You may be right. But a vote for Nikki, even a vote for Christie which I would have to hold my nose and would need a barf bag when I voted, would be head and shoulders more beneficial for you and the country than allowing any Democrat they're likely to put up to become President in 2024.

Remember it isn't the person in office but the constituency they represent that is most important at this time. Any R, even the most feckless or RINO, is still going to vote against bad legislation far more than they will vote for it.

With another four years of Biden or somebody worse in office, we could have a 100 million undocumented migrants/illegals in this country and that would change America forever into something nobody, not even the most clueless Democrat, wants. If we do not maintain a majority or near majority in Congress, the Supreme Court could be packed with woke activists and never be competent again. Another four years of Democrats as the current four years has gone and we could lose the America we know and love.

We have to vote R no matter who it is.

Last edited:
In other words, an utterly corrupt elitist buffoon.

Oddly enough, he was the most well-behaved of them all last night often going for long periods of time off to the side uninvolved leaning on his elbow in derision while the other three argued and bickered and called each other liars. I could not understand why these three women were chosen to moderate, two of which I had never even heard of, or why all the questions were directed at critiquing each other with almost none of the time devoted to even mentioning Biden or what they would do to counter his actions.

Oddly enough, he was the most well-behaved

Who cares about the most "well-behaved"?

Jesus Christ, we're voting for President - it's not the best of the Kinder Care awards.

No doubt if you put Sleepy Joe up on that stage, he'd also be the most "well behaved", comatose can be construed that way.

You may be right. But a vote for Nikki, even a vote for Christie which I would have to hold my nose and would need a barf bag when I voted, would be head and shoulders more beneficial for you and the country than allowing any Democrat they're likely to put up to become President in 2024.

It doesn't matter.

Neither Birdbrain Neocon nor Krispy will be the Republican nominee.

It's all just a waste of bandwidth.

Even if it's a fun one. ;)

Nikki Haley would never get my vote. Might as well vote for Hillary.
But guess what? It matters not, because Trump will be the nominee.
And that's that.
1. Nikki would be unbeatable, and uncheatable. She would get more women votes than ever.

2. Trump is divisive. Democrats will cheat their asses off to beat him. He could lose.

So Trump could lose, like in 2020, and Nikki would win in a landslide as the 1st women president vs old Joe Biden

Think again.

Two MAGAs or a Neocon shill who admitted she modeled her career after Hillary Clinton?

Methinks you are confused.
Nope. My thinking is analytical. I pick a can't lose candidate (Nikki) vs a probable loser (Trump)

True Biden is a weak candidate, but the dems would cheat their asses off like in 2020 to beat Trump.

The MSM would be all out against Trump, again.

I'm also good with Ron Desantis as the candidate. He's doing a great job in FL.

Vivek is too new, too many crazy ideas, could be a Trojan Soros horse. Doesn't have ANY base of support.

It doesn't matter.

Neither Birdbrain Neocon nor Krispy will be the Republican nominee.

It's all just a waste of bandwidth.

Even if it's a fun one. ;)
I'm pretty sure they won't be on the general election ballot either. But if worse comes to worse and either of them are, responsible Patriots will vote for them as better for the common good than four more years of Marxist Democrat totalitarian rule.

Forum List

Back