Another Day, Another McCain Whopper!

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
This guy is funny. I like McCain and understand he really wants to win, but I hope he doesn't win this way.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/defense_mccain_FCS_091208/

Has Sen. John McCain renounced his longtime antagonism toward the Army’s Future Combat Systems?

On Sept. 8, the Republican presidential candidate told a rally crowd in Lee’s Summit, Mo., about an Obama video message to a liberal advocacy group.

“He promised them he would, quote, ‘slow our development of Future Combat Systems,’” McCain said, according to wire reports. “This is not a time to slow our development of Future Combat Systems.”

Flashback to July, however, when his campaign furnished McCain’s economic plan to The Washington Post, declaring that “there are lots of procurements — Airborne Laser, [C-17] Globemaster, Future Combat System [sic] — that should be ended and the entire Pentagon budget should be scrubbed.”

In fact, McCain has long criticized the over-budget, behind-schedule FCS program. In 2005, he blasted the Army for allowing the program to balloon to $161 billion, and forced the service to rewrite the main FCS contract.

So where does McCain really stand? Some bloggers and analysts have suggested that he used the term “future combat systems” generically. Obama’s campaign maintains their candidate was speaking specifically about FCS, in which case McCain may be twisting his rival’s words.

Loren Thompson of the Lexington Institute called it deceitful.

“McCain’s interpretation of Obama’s position is typical of the way in which the Republicans have twisted Democratic views in order to undercut their opponents and at the same time obscure the past positions of the Republicans,” Thompson said. “Future Combat Systems is the centerpiece of Army modernization. However, McCain has been more critical of it than anyone else in the chamber. Obama has been much more detailed and thoughtful in his comments about future military investment than McCain’s very superficial statements.”

McCain is a lyin' sack of sh*t.

He and Palin have been caught lying so many times in the last few weeks, it's amazing.

This guy is funny. I like McCain and understand he really wants to win, but I hope he doesn't win this way.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/defense_mccain_FCS_091208/

"In a March 31, 2005 letter to the Army Secretary, I outlined concerns about whether taxpayers' interests were adequately protected in the Army's Future Combat Systems (FCS) program. John McCain

http://mccain.senate.gov/public/ind...ecord_id=48146F40-7C53-4589-9185-963198F356FC

"Over the past two years, the Army terminated two major programs, the Crusader field artillery system and the Comanche helicopter program. These programs were terminated to protect funding for the Future Combat System. That is why we have to get the FCS program right." John McCain

http://mccain.senate.gov/public/ind...ecord_id=8E05F19E-3521-4789-BC59-379C19F8CC29

FCS is "a huge program, and obviously we need to have a hearing on it. I have no preconceived notions about it," McCain told Inside the Army

So what's your point? He's not trying to slow development on the program as his record clearly indicates and Obama has clearly stated he wants to do. He is exercising oversight on the program as he has always done in the US Senate and what democrats scream constantly about . in the awarding of contracts for the program. Your trying to use his statement which is completely true about Obama and can be read anytime you want to read it under the Defense section on Obama's own website. Sorry but this theory doesn't hold merit.

Nope. the word's spreading, the Bushhugger will say anything to get the job. I mean even Karl Rove is being put off by the bullshit. How's that? Sort of like Charlie Manson denouncing violence in society.

I'd be so interested in seeing some proof of this, instead of your gas.

c'mon Pale Rider you can't be that oblivious...or can you?

Lies told by McCain Palin:

the plane was sold on ebay - lie
the plane was sold for a profit - lie
Palin is against earmarks - lie
Palin is against lobbyists - lie
obama wanted to teach sex ed to kindergartners - lie or at least twist of the truth
obama called Palin a pig - lie
Palin will cooperate with the investigation into troopergate - lie

google is your friend Pale....

Forum List

Back