Got a funny feeling

bigdaddygtr

Aug 28, 2008
I think that in the next few weeks we will all see Biden come up with an "undisclosed" illness and Obama will replace him with Hillary. Then. she will go head to head with Palin, and lets be honest, thats not a fair fight. One side you have experience, intelligence, and ready to fight and on the other side you have, well, ummm, a racist hockey mom who eats moose burgers and has no business being on the same stage as the other. Gonna get interesting

Any of you that think Palin is even remotely in Hillary's league should be Baker acted

I think that in the next few weeks we will all see Biden come up with an "undisclosed" illness and Obama will replace him with Hillary. Then. she will go head to head with Palin, and lets be honest, thats not a fair fight. One side you have experience, intelligence, and ready to fight and on the other side you have, well, ummm, a racist hockey mom who eats moose burgers and has no business being on the same stage as the other. Gonna get interesting

Any of you that think Palin is even remotely in Hillary's league should be Baker acted

You need to speak with eots . :cuckoo:

Baker Acted? Define please.

Actually, if you look up on intrade, Biden being dumped is a hot commodoty, and it trades higher every day, but it still is around 30 cents per contract.

And Hillary winning the presidency is another hot Intrade contract. The price dosn't move very far any one day though.

You must be looking at a different Joe Biden than the one I have seen over the years. He is a pendant and a bore and shiftier than the sands of Saudi Arabia. Sarah will be the sirrocco that will blow him away.

actually you're right. Hillary and Palin arent in the same league. Palin blows her away

I can't imagine Biden off the ticket, it would be completely transparent and would backfire.

Biden was a great choice, he can step into the presidency on day one. He was not a political choice, he was a good choice. His foreign policy credentials are phenomenal. We are becoming a much more global and we need people who understand international politics.

Hell, he chaired the senate foreign relations committee even back before the Iranian revolution. The guy has seen and been active during all the major international upheaval of the past 30 years. He gets it.

Hillary would have been a fine running mate, in a sense of bringing the democrats together, but McCain would have adopted a different strategy involving all those ads where hillary attacks Obama on everything from experience to race and gender. It doesn't work.

Last edited:
I think that Palin could stand to do very well against Biden. Basically, if she can hold her own and answer questions competently she'll do fine. She has some definite advantages against Biden. As a man, he'll have to be very cautious against looking condescending. As Biden, this could be tough, since he is somewhat notorious for putting his foot in his mouth and coming across as boorish and arrogant. All it would take is one or two of these gaffes from Biden, where he comes out with a "I have a feeling my IQ is much higher than yours," moment and moms and wives everywhere will be reconsidering their votes.

On the the other hand, if Biden can come across charming and respectful to Biden, and still slam her on the issues....then McCain/Palin is going to be in trouble.

Have Biden claim that "health issues" are forcing him to step down, and Hillary is taking his place? And, in my opinion....its over for McCain/Palin no matter what they do.

I can't imagine Biden off the ticket, it would be completely transparent and would backfire.

Biden was a great choice, he can step into the presidency on day one. He was not a political choice, he was a good choice. His foreign policy credentials are phenomenal. We are becoming a much more global and we need people who understand international politics.

Hell, he chaired the senate foreign relations committee even back before the Iranian revolution. The guy has seen and been active during all the major international upheaval of the past 30 years. He gets it.

Hillary would have been a fine running mate, in a sense of bringing the democrats together, but McCain would have adopted a different strategy involving all those ads where hillary attacks Obama on everything from experience to race and gender. It doesn't work.

:iagree: The only way Joe Biden leaves the ticket at this point if he is seriously ill (like in the hospital) or dead.

I say wait until the debates before even classifying Sarah Palin as in the same league as Joe Biden (Not saying you are Cali, just to people in general.)

Right now, Sarah Palin and the GOP are riding the wave of her being new to politics and the RNC. However, soon enough that new shiny appeal will be gone and all you will have left is what that person truly is.

And once people get a good hard gander, they won't like it.

It sure would shake shit up. It would make for sweeping political drama (except that some us are a little Hillary-weary). Yes, Hillary would wipe the floor with Palin in a debate. But it probably won't happen.

I think even when Palin fever goes down, McCain has a chance of winning. He's on top in some polls, and, if you account for the "Bradely effect" (whites lying about voting for the black to pollsters), he's comfortably over the top.

God I hope this happens. This would ensure a McCain landslide.

Another thing about Joe Biden:

Analysis: Biden goes from hot to not since Palin came along - CNN.com

On Wednesday, Palin's staff told the press corps traveling with the governor her plane had become too heavy, and asked for volunteers to fly commercial.

There's plenty of room on Biden's plane. At one point this week, only six reporters climbed aboard. But they got one thing the press traveling with Palin didn't: access to the candidate.

Biden ambled back to talk with the press corps a few times a week. And these were not sound bites -- at one point, the notoriously talkative senator gave a 13-minute, 20-second response to a reporter's question on the situation in Iraq. Watch a preview of CNN's special report on Joe Biden »

While reporters covering Palin complained the candidate was endlessly sequestered with aides, the Biden press corps had more quotes than could possibly be reported. And most of them weren't.

A 13-minute, 20-second response to a reporter's question on the situation in Iraq?

I doubt Sarah Palin would have a response that is even HALF that long.

Or she just might ask what part of the situation in Iraq. ;)

Another thing about Joe Biden:

Analysis: Biden goes from hot to not since Palin came along - CNN.com

A 13-minute, 20-second response to a reporter's question on the situation in Iraq?

I doubt Sarah Palin would have a response that is even HALF that long.

Or she just might ask what part of the situation in Iraq. ;)

Or she might tie Iraq to 9/11 again.

Biden isn't a celebrity, he's a tried and true reliable robust pick. I am glad the reporters are by and large following Palin. We know little about her. I am also glad Biden has the time to give thorough answers, that he has the opportunity.

You're right, I suspect, she would be hard pressed to give a thirteen minute answer about Iraq.

Kind of like your funny feeling that it was a good idea to use a myth chain e-mail as proof against Palin?

:rolleyes:

that is not going to happen... it was be SO obvious and it would fool no-one. I think Obama is happy with his pick of Biden and the truth is Palin's lies are starting to catch up with her.

Forum List

Back