Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

Answer my question professor.

I don't know professor what is the main disadvantage? And much more importantly what examples can you give where it made any real world difference?

Know nothing about shooting? I have shot lots of guns. Tell me professor what is it I don't know?

people like Brain, who know nothing about shooting spew crap that has no basis in reality

the fact that if you are the subject of criminal attack, you won't choose how many attack you and what sort of skill they may have and how many rounds you will need

OK here is an easy question-lets see if you can answer it quickly rather than googling

what is the main DISADVANTAGE to a Double action auto like the MIlitary's BERETTA 92 or SIG 226 versus a striker fired weapon like the GLOCK 17 or the S&W M&P?

disadvantage-the first shot is far different in trigger pull then the second and subsequent shots which make the probability of missing the critical first shot much higher

secondly, hammer driven guns can be disabled easier in extreme close quarters

advantage-on a hard primer, you can pull the trigger a second time to shoot the round

these are basic questions that anyone who is telling people like me what sort of guns or magazines we should have that you should know

what are you braying about?

Because it really doesn't matter unless it has made a difference in the real world.

Keep being scared if things that won't happen.

Won't happen....hmmmm...Germany 1930s, Russia 1917, China 1920s, Cambodia, Cuba, Mexico today...there are countless examples of governments murdering it's citizens...throughout time and around the world...Ask the Hutus and the Tutsis if there is a time when people need guns to fight organized mass murder...or government neglect...as the people in the mall in Kenya found out...

You truly do live in a fantasy world...

I don't know professor what is the main disadvantage? And much more importantly what examples can you give where it made any real world difference?

Answer my question professor.

Know nothing about shooting? I have shot lots of guns. Tell me professor what is it I don't know?

the fact that if you are the subject of criminal attack, you won't choose how many attack you and what sort of skill they may have and how many rounds you will need

OK here is an easy question-lets see if you can answer it quickly rather than googling

what is the main DISADVANTAGE to a Double action auto like the MIlitary's BERETTA 92 or SIG 226 versus a striker fired weapon like the GLOCK 17 or the S&W M&P?

disadvantage-the first shot is far different in trigger pull then the second and subsequent shots which make the probability of missing the critical first shot much higher

secondly, hammer driven guns can be disabled easier in extreme close quarters

advantage-on a hard primer, you can pull the trigger a second time to shoot the round

these are basic questions that anyone who is telling people like me what sort of guns or magazines we should have that you should know

what are you braying about?

I would want 8, but would settle with 10 because it has been done before.

Didn't say limit to 2. I said the nra study says that's all the majority if defenses needs.

Sorry but saving lives isn't pathetic.

Exactly, which is why we believe that law abiding citizens should not have their God given right to self defense micro managed by people with an irrational fear of the very tool that makes self defense efficient and effective...limiting people to 2 rounds...really...that makes sense to you....?

Again...I am going to be going out today...can you please tell me if I am going to encounter a robber or killer and how much ammo I might need if I do....since you can predict the future in all cases please let me know...

so what limit do you want (until there is another shooting and you feel a need to do something additional when your first schemes fail to stop crime

and if someone were to die because of that limit should their relatives kill you for being complicit in the death of their loved one?

here is a simple solution

all civilians get the same limits

cops, FBI, DEA, IRS, and non governmental employees

why are you so terrified of fellow citizens being armed with the same weapons that civilian authorities have?

I know why

You are one of those people who is TERRIFIED of the RISK of making your own safety a PERSONAL DUTY

So you want to outsource that duty and those RISKS to the government

people like me who have accepted the responsibility and RISK of self defense REMIND YOU OF YOUR TIMIDITY and that accentuates feelings of INADEQUACY in your mind

so you want to gain some esteem by trying to limit what we do/ You want to control us to exorcise the feelings of being a coward we instill in people like you

There you go making up dumb things again. You realize I do have guns right? I have an alarm system for my personal safety too. I would however prefer to never have to shoot anyone.

Ok same magazine limit for everyone. Happy now?

Coward? I go out without a gun all the time. You pee yourself at the thought.

I would want 8, but would settle with 10 because it has been done before.

Didn't say limit to 2. I said the nra study says that's all the majority if defenses needs.

Sorry but saving lives isn't pathetic.

Exactly, which is why we believe that law abiding citizens should not have their God given right to self defense micro managed by people with an irrational fear of the very tool that makes self defense efficient and effective...limiting people to 2 rounds...really...that makes sense to you....?

Again...I am going to be going out today...can you please tell me if I am going to encounter a robber or killer and how much ammo I might need if I do....since you can predict the future in all cases please let me know...

so what limit do you want (until there is another shooting and you feel a need to do something additional when your first schemes fail to stop crime

and if someone were to die because of that limit should their relatives kill you for being complicit in the death of their loved one?

here is a simple solution

all civilians get the same limits

cops, FBI, DEA, IRS, and non governmental employees

why are you so terrified of fellow citizens being armed with the same weapons that civilian authorities have?

I know why

You are one of those people who is TERRIFIED of the RISK of making your own safety a PERSONAL DUTY

So you want to outsource that duty and those RISKS to the government

people like me who have accepted the responsibility and RISK of self defense REMIND YOU OF YOUR TIMIDITY and that accentuates feelings of INADEQUACY in your mind

so you want to gain some esteem by trying to limit what we do/ You want to control us to exorcise the feelings of being a coward we instill in people like you

Brain357 the difference between you and I and the others on my side of the debate...

We expect and plan for the worst situation....and hope for the best...

You expect the best possible situation...and want to plan accordingly...

The world doesn't support your planning doctrine....

Actually the nra study and actual events support me. What do you have?

Brain357 the difference between you and I and the others on my side of the debate...

And when a society removes almost all of its guns except for the military and police....we have genocide...

Rwandan Genocide - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The army began arming civilians with hand weapons such as machetes from 1990, and training the Hutu youth in combat; the official reason for this was a programme of "civil defence" to the RPF threat,[81] but the same weapons were later used in carrying out the genocide.[82]

Rwanda also purchased large numbers of grenades and munitions from late 1990; in one deal, future UN Secretary-General Boutros Boutros-Ghali, in his role as Egyptian foreign minister, facilitated a large sale of arms from Egypt.[83] The Rwandan Armed Forces (FAR) expanded rapidly at this time, growing from less than 10,000 troops to almost 30,000 in one year.[81] The new recruits were often poorly disciplined;[81] a divide grew between the elite Presidential Guard and Gendarmerie units, who were well trained and battle ready, and the ordinary rank and file.[84]

During the remainder of April and early May, the Presidential Guard, gendarmerie and the youth militia, aided by local populations, continued killing at a very high rate.[115] Gerard Prunier estimates that during the first six weeks, up to 800,000 Rwandans may have been murdered,[115] which would represent a rate of killing five times higher than during the Holocaust of Nazi Germany.[1

Means of killing

Last edited:
Turtle is so out of the real world he has made up some fictional character that is me. He really wants me to be something else and cares nothing about the pesky truth.

How many were killed, the majority by machete...

Most of the victims were killed in their own villages or in towns, often by their neighbors and fellow villagers. The militia typically murdered victims by machetes, although some army units used rifles.

Out of a population of 7.3 million people–84% of whom were Hutu, 15% Tutsi and 1% Twa–the official figures published by the Rwandan government estimated the number of victims of the genocide to be 1,174,000 in 100 days (10,000 murdered every day, 400 every hour, 7 every minute). It is estimated that about 300,000 Tutsi survived the genocide. Thousands of widows, many of whom were subjected to rape, are now HIV-positive. There were about 400,000 orphans and nearly 85,000 of them were forced to become heads of families.[158]

Yes...it is always good for the government when the civilian population is disarmed....

Yes Denmark has genocide. Please.

And when a society removes almost all of its guns except for the military and police....we have genocide...

Rwandan Genocide - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The army began arming civilians with hand weapons such as machetes from 1990, and training the Hutu youth in combat; the official reason for this was a programme of "civil defence" to the RPF threat,[81] but the same weapons were later used in carrying out the genocide.[82]

Rwanda also purchased large numbers of grenades and munitions from late 1990; in one deal, future UN Secretary-General Boutros Boutros-Ghali, in his role as Egyptian foreign minister, facilitated a large sale of arms from Egypt.[83] The Rwandan Armed Forces (FAR) expanded rapidly at this time, growing from less than 10,000 troops to almost 30,000 in one year.[81] The new recruits were often poorly disciplined;[81] a divide grew between the elite Presidential Guard and Gendarmerie units, who were well trained and battle ready, and the ordinary rank and file.[84]

During the remainder of April and early May, the Presidential Guard, gendarmerie and the youth militia, aided by local populations, continued killing at a very high rate.[115] Gerard Prunier estimates that during the first six weeks, up to 800,000 Rwandans may have been murdered,[115] which would represent a rate of killing five times higher than during the Holocaust of Nazi Germany.[1

Means of killing

Reality...most incidents occur within 10 feet and no shots are fired and no one is injured or killed...but you don't plan your defense based on that...you plan your defense for the worst possible situation...that way anything less is easier to handle...so a pistol, with standard magazines is what you can easily carry for personal defense...so one magazie...13-19 rounds plus 2 backups...and in most cases you will never have to draw your pistol...in most other cases you won't have to shoot, in most other cases you will shoot once, twice or thrice...and if you draw the really short straw...those 3 magazines might be your only chance of survival...

Keep in mind to, since you aren't familiar with gun fights...you only know a bullet is good when you hit the end of it with a striker or a hammer....if you get a bad batch of bullets....your magazine might have several duds in it...so you may very well need to switch out magazines or rack your slide multiple times...but if you limit yourself to as few rounds as possible...you have just screwed yourself and anyone you may need to protect...

Keep in mind the documentary Terror in the Mall...it would not have taken much to keep hundreds of people safe and alive if several people had been armed....and I don't mean going out and confronting the terrorists....watch the film....they could have been safe hunkering down in their location and with several magazines of ammunition held out the 90 minutes until the police finally decided to try to help them...

It can happen here...it happens in schools...it can and will happen in our malls...and has happened...so I am not going to let your irrational fear of guns leave me and mine defenseless....or anyone else who chooses to protect themselves for that matter...

Yes Denmark has genocide.

Hmmmm...try again...you missed...try googling Denmark, Jews...World War 2....when they were occupied by the genocidal Germans....so yeah...it has happened and can happen again...you can't be allowed to disarm people today, when the people in the future may face a murderous government...it isn't our right to do that...

So you have no studies, no examples of actual events, just paranoia.

You just recently got concealed carry in your state, how did you ever survive all this time?

Reality...most incidents occur within 10 feet and no shots are fired and no one is injured or killed...but you don't plan your defense based on that...you plan your defense for the worst possible situation...that way anything less is easier to handle...so a pistol, with standard magazines is what you can easily carry for personal defense...so one magazie...13-19 rounds plus 2 backups...and in most cases you will never have to draw your pistol...in most other cases you won't have to shoot, in most other cases you will shoot once, twice or thrice...and if you draw the really short straw...those 3 magazines might be your only chance of survival...

Keep in mind to, since you aren't familiar with gun fights...you only know a bullet is good when you hit the end of it with a striker or a hammer....if you get a bad batch of bullets....your magazine might have several duds in it...so you may very well need to switch out magazines or rack your slide multiple times...but if you limit yourself to as few rounds as possible...you have just screwed yourself and anyone you may need to protect...

Keep in mind the documentary Terror in the Mall...it would not have taken much to keep hundreds of people safe and alive if several people had been armed....and I don't mean going out and confronting the terrorists....watch the film....they could have been safe hunkering down in their location and with several magazines of ammunition held out the 90 minutes until the police finally decided to try to help them...

It can happen here...it happens in schools...it can and will happen in our malls...and has happened...so I am not going to let your irrational fear of guns leave me and mine defenseless....or anyone else who chooses to protect themselves for that matter...

That's not tyranny. Try again. I can name many other countries with few guns and no genocide. Why is that?

Yes Denmark has genocide.

Hmmmm...try again...you missed...try googling Denmark, Jews...World War 2....when they were occupied by the genocidal Germans....so yeah...it has happened and can happen again...you can't be allowed to disarm people today, when the people in the future may face a murderous government...it isn't our right to do that...

You just recently got concealed carry in your state, how did you ever survive all this time?

I stayed away from democrat controlled Chicago...

That's not tyranny. Try again. I can name many other countries with few guns and no genocide. Why is that?

Yes...now...and there are others with no access to guns and genocide...Rwanda...and it has happened in the past...It only took Germany, a modern nation state in 1920 to go from the Weimar Republic to genocide in the 1940s...a twenty year window...

We know it can happen, maybe not today, or 10 years...but what about 50 years...the Jews in Germany didn't...they expected trouble and hard times....but did not expect genocide...20 years was all it took...

Some of us have learned the lesson of history and human existence...you obviously haven't....

You are naming countries nothing like the US. Germany just lost a world war. You are naming countries that were extremely economically and politically unstable. You can't be serious. You can't name a single example that makes sense. Nor can you say why so many countries without guns don't have these problems.

I stayed away from democrat controlled Chicago...

Yes...now...and there are others with no access to guns and genocide...Rwanda...and it has happened in the past...It only took Germany, a modern nation state in 1920 to go from the Weimar Republic to genocide in the 1940s...a twenty year window...

We know it can happen, maybe not today, or 10 years...but what about 50 years...the Jews in Germany didn't...they expected trouble and hard times....but did not expect genocide...20 years was all it took...

Some of us have learned the lesson of history and human existence...you obviously haven't....

Nor can you say why so many countries without guns don't have these problems.

Mexico...Rwanda...Kenya...Detroit, the modern nations in the West have institutions that insulate them right now...but again...the world changes...Russia is moving again...you don't think atrocities are being committed in Ukraine in Russian occupied areas...?

You would guarantee that genocide will never happen again...ever...anywhere in the modern West....

Forum List

Back