Another Chicago Black Sox

A coordinated 12 year old that weighs more than 120lbs...is a hero on a little league field.

That's how it goes. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Asshole is an understatement. I can remember one time when a parent broke a coaches windshield because he didn't play her son. Or when another parent accused a coach of being a pedophile because she wanted her kid to play for her lover's team.

Just the hope of the LLWS makes parents do some crazy shit. Faking addresses is the norm. Coaches are just as guilty. Being involved in LL was the most time consuming, stressful nonsense you can imagine. Every parent thinks their kid is the best of the best.

I've experienced similar things in AYSO. I've wanted to stop games and tell all the parents to pack it up on many occasions.

Whatever happened to playing to play? Parents and coaches get so wrapped up in themselves that they have ruined the meaning of kids sports.

Whatever happened to playing to play? Parents and coaches get so wrapped up in themselves that they have ruined the meaning of kids sports.
It is horrible. Parents more so than coaches. That team that I was talking about that played in one of my fall leagues and went on to win the LLWS...I had to ban them the next season because the parents spit on one of my umpires.

The kids are destroying their integrity by saying that they know they are champions, and their parents know they are champions, after having the title stripped from them. The kids know by now that they broke the rules, even if they didn't know at the time....which they should, because they were brought in from somewhere besides where the team played. They also smear the name of Jackie Robinson, who played with honor.

Forum List

Back