Another Chicago Black Sox

Ironically, it happens the first year they take the patch 'I Don't Cheat' off of Little League world Series uniforms. The patch had been on the uniforms for 10 years. So Las Vegas backs in as National Champs. The Las Vegas coach said that they should leave National Champs 'blank' rather then award it to Vegas as a reminder about cheating.

All of the little league all stars cheat. If the kid is not in the district...give grandmas address or someone elses. I was involved with LL for quite a while...even served as league President. Trust me, they all cheat or find a loophole to let the star player on the roster.

All of the little league all stars cheat. If the kid is not in the district...give grandmas address or someone elses. I was involved with LL for quite a while...even served as league President. Trust me, they all cheat or find a loophole to let the star player on the roster.

:lmao: Moral relativism; and it's not even near the target of reality__

As US Champs, the Chicago team visited The White House. Does that happen every year? I would've figured it only happened if they won the entire LWS.

Sorry, but it is reality.

On a side note, I think it's annoying how MLB conflated Jackie Robinson to some mythical proportion when the reality is that he was just a baseball player. I was always annoyed going to games on Jacki Robinson day and seeing everyone wear the same f'ing number. Why not just do that every game if the numbers are apparently not important? Somehow, this is a small slice of poetic justice.

It's really not. Very few little leagues are falsely enrolling players for an advantage.... Now if you said that for high school sports, I'd be with you. But this is a very limited problem in scope in LL.

It's really not. Very few little leagues are falsely enrolling players for an advantage.... Now if you said that for high school sports, I'd be with you. But this is a very limited problem in scope in LL.
Very few my ass. Kids want to play with their friends or in a better little league that gives them the chance to make it to the LLWS. These kids spend more time with their AAU teams than their LL teams until All-Star season. It happens ALL of the time. Usually, it is double checked at the regional level...but all the parents have to do is show mail from the address. It happens way too often.

Very few my ass. Kids want to play with their friends or in a better little league that gives them the chance to make it to the LLWS. These kids spend more time with their AAU teams than their LL teams until All-Star season. It happens ALL of the time. Usually, it is double checked at the regional level...but all the parents have to do is show mail from the address. It happens way too often.

No__ Do you know how competitive it is to make it to a LLWS? For the most part, kids/parents are happy staying within their zones. They're not wanting to make huge trips on some astronomic possibility of making it to LLWS. In this particular case, urban proximity and some shady figures made this happen. But that's an anomaly, not the norm for little league.

No__ Do you know how competitive it is to make it to a LLWS? For the most part, kids/parents are happy staying within their zones. They're not wanting to make huge trips on some astronomic possibility of making it to LLWS. In this particular case, urban proximity and some shady figures made this happen. But that's an anomaly, not the norm for little league.
Yes, I know how competitive it is to make the LLWS. Like I said, I was President of a LL, been to many a tournament, hosted many a tournament and know exactly what goes on. These LL teams...most are actually AAU teams that play together year round and have played together for years! And being out of a district...most cities have numerous districts - so travel isn't the issue. AND, yes, they do travel to play in a league that has a better chance to making it to the LLWS. Just getting to regionals is huge for the kids and the parents.

I don't want to make accusations, but I know for a fact that a team that won the LLWS some years back used players from out of the district. They played in one of my fall leagues...3 members of that team lived across the river in a different state. They used their coaches address.

These kids spend more time with their AAU teams than their LL teams until All-Star season.

Yes, there are some people with AAU backgrounds in which this prevalent. But in LL as a whole, this is not a very common practice.
Yes, it is. What is your experience with LL? Have kids that play in a local league? Start asking around about residency.

You would be surprised what parents and coaches do. In the city my league was in, there were 2 LL's. My LL was the lesser of the two. The other LL recruited our best players, who helped them make it to regionals every year.

Anyway...the LLWS is nonsense that awards abnormally huge kids. The fences are way too short for kids who are 5'10, 180lbs. The distance from the mound to the plate is way to short for pre-teens with the body of an adult. It is a nonsense spectacle that perverts the true nature of baseball. The kids have talent, but it is lost as soon as they see a field more appropriate for their size. Too many times I have seen all-star stand outs fall to the side when they hit Jr. League where form and technique are more important. It's sometimes funny to watch an all-star stand out try to throw from 3rd base to 1st on a regulation field (or 80 ft basepaths for Jr. League). Or a home run hitter popping out to the SS as opposed to hitting a HR when the field is appropriate to their size.

Anyway...the LLWS is nonsense that awards abnormally huge kids. The fences are way too short for kids who are 5'10, 180lbs. The distance from the mound to the plate is way to short for pre-teens with the body of an adult. It is a nonsense spectacle that perverts the true nature of baseball. The kids have talent, but it is lost as soon as they see a field more appropriate for their size. Too many times I have seen all-star stand outs fall to the side when they hit Jr. League where form and technique are more important. It's sometimes funny to watch an all-star stand out try to throw from 3rd base to 1st on a regulation field (or 80 ft basepaths for Jr. League). Or a home run hitter popping out to the SS as opposed to hitting a HR when the field is appropriate to their size.

The dimensions are a bit too small, imo. But not by that much in general. Some early growers gonna buck the trend. I remember an oager that had about six hits all year; and four of them were HRs; because he sucked, but when he got a hold of one....

You would be surprised what parents and coaches do. In the city my league was in, there were 2 LL's. My LL was the lesser of the two. The other LL recruited our best players, who helped them make it to regionals every year.

Oh, LL parents are total assholes. I just don't think the incentive to play in another region is that high for most leagues.

Oh, LL parents are total assholes. I just don't think the incentive to play in another region is that high for most leagues.
Asshole is an understatement. I can remember one time when a parent broke a coaches windshield because he didn't play her son. Or when another parent accused a coach of being a pedophile because she wanted her kid to play for her lover's team.

Just the hope of the LLWS makes parents do some crazy shit. Faking addresses is the norm. Coaches are just as guilty. Being involved in LL was the most time consuming, stressful nonsense you can imagine. Every parent thinks their kid is the best of the best.

The dimensions are a bit too small, imo. But not by that much in general. Some early growers gonna buck the trend. I remember an oager that had about six hits all year; and four of them were HRs; because he sucked, but when he got a hold of one....
A coordinated 12 year old that weighs more than 120lbs...is a hero on a little league field.

Forum List

Back