Another "assault weapon" hits the streets!

I think that I changed my mind, If I can have fully functional hand grenades, bazookas, rocket-launchers, land lines, cannons, and a stash of 70 fully-automatic machine guns, I have no objection to your having that gun. Oh. By the way, I was treated for severe depression a few years ago I feel a little bit edgy today. I think that I should get back on my medication but hey, I have never been convicted of a felony yet so I can still have all those weapons (provided that I can afford them), right?

Matts ...

Regardless the looks of the weapon, I can do with a Remington bolt action Model 700 anything that weapon can do. If you don't know, the Model 700 is your basic hunting rifle. Modified for accuracy, it was also the M40A1 Marine Corps sniper rifle for years.

I usually go along with your moderation argument on weapons because Joe Blow DOESN'T need a bazooka. However, in this case, you are indicting aesthetics alone.

are you kidding me?

I bet ripping a 50 year old tree stump out of the back yard would be a cince with a bazooka...

and yea.. im all for personal flame throwers come winter snow.

Certainly, this too shall find its way into the hands gang-bangers, school shooters and cop killers everywhere!!

ar50big.jpg

http://www.50bmgstore.com/ar5050bmg-2.htm

Would someone please tell me why this gun should be banned?

Dude, where's the orange tip :eusa_naughty:

That would be great for rabbit! I mean instant fillets and all! I support the right to own legal arms. "God helps those who help themselves".

I have no Idea what a mosin is, but this one appears to be a single shot rifle.

You'll recall that you argued that the gun illustrated in the link he provided shoudl be banned, because it was only for killing people.

You based that decision on nothing other than how it looked, and not on the function of the rifle, which is identical to the 50BMG on THIS thread - a gun you dont think should be banned,

are you refering to the ban of 50 caliber, armour piercing ammunition that republican Arnold Schwarzeneeger signed into law?
No. The ammunition is not banned.
The rifles are, and they are classed as 'assault weapons'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_Caliber_BMG_Regulation_Act_of_2004
(This isnt the best link, but its all I had time to find)

That's the beauty of a term that has no meaning other than what the people that invented it want it to mean -- anything can be an 'assault weapon'.

And lets be real:
Banning 50BMG AP ammo and leaving 50BMG ball ammo alone is a truly useless act.

They banned rifles chambered in .50 BMG and Californians switched to the .51 DTC. Yawn. That's what happens when you let the gun ignorant fools at the Brady Campaign write your gun laws - the gun owners always win.

If anyone wants to know why Californians can now legally get their hands on AR and AK type rifles even though a state AWB went into effect in 2000, ask me. It's a hilarious story. That's what happens when you have Brady true believers running the DOJ - the gun owners always win.

They banned rifles chambered in .50 BMG and Californians switched to the .51 DTC. Yawn. That's what happens when you let the gun ignorant fools at the Brady Campaign write your gun laws - the gun owners always win.

If anyone wants to know why Californians can now legally get their hands on AR and AK type rifles even though a state AWB went into effect in 2000, ask me. It's a hilarious story. That's what happens when you have Brady true believers running the DOJ - the gun owners always win.

:eusa_shhh: We're smarter than they are :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back