Another #1 bites the dust

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
Looks like it's Oregon's turn to hold the top spot. I'm sure Boise St is creaming their pants thinking that all these better teams losing to better teams than Boise St makes Boise St's chances at going to the title game better.

They don't. A one loss Oklahoma, Auburn, Alabama, or Ohio St will easily beat Boise St in the BCS.

I just hope Oregon holds on to #1, they play USC next week. Even though USC fucking fails at everything, anything could happen.

i can see almost all of that being correct
except OH St

OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Auburn doesn't jump to #1 in the polls tomorrow. They beat #12 last week by 22, and they beat #6 this week by a touchdown. Their strength of schedule actually should place them ahead of Oregon, and likely will in the BCS. Oregon beat a 3-3 UCLA team. Auburn beat an undefeated LSU. That will make a huge different in voters' opinions and in the computer rankings.

If it follows suit with the other polls already out... Oregon #1, BS #2, AU #3

The BCS won't match that at all. I easily see Auburn jumping Oregon and Boise St in the BCS. They beat a Top 10 team. Oregon and Boise St beat nobodies.

You were right Jon...

1 Auburn
2 Oregon
3 Boise State
4 TCU
5 Michigan State
6 Missouri
7 Alabama
8 Utah
9 Oklahoma
10 Wisconsin
11 Ohio State
12 LSU
13 Stanford
14 Nebraska
15 Arizona
16 Florida State
17 Oklahoma State
18 Iowa
19 Arkansas
20 South Carolina
21 Mississippi State
22 Miami (FL)
23 Virginia Tech
24 Nevada
25 Baylor

You were right Jon...

1 Auburn
2 Oregon
3 Boise State
4 TCU
5 Michigan State
6 Missouri
7 Alabama
8 Utah
9 Oklahoma
10 Wisconsin
11 Ohio State
12 LSU
13 Stanford
14 Nebraska
15 Arizona
16 Florida State
17 Oklahoma State
18 Iowa
19 Arkansas
20 South Carolina
21 Mississippi State
22 Miami (FL)
23 Virginia Tech
24 Nevada
25 Baylor
dang OH St is still overrated

You were right Jon...

1 Auburn
2 Oregon
3 Boise State
4 TCU
5 Michigan State
6 Missouri
7 Alabama
8 Utah
9 Oklahoma
10 Wisconsin
11 Ohio State
12 LSU
13 Stanford
14 Nebraska
15 Arizona
16 Florida State
17 Oklahoma State
18 Iowa
19 Arkansas
20 South Carolina
21 Mississippi State
22 Miami (FL)
23 Virginia Tech
24 Nevada
25 Baylor

Regardless of what the pundits say about the BCS, at least they have it right. If it were up to the pollsters, Boise St and Oregon would be the top teams in the country. These pollsters are bitter coaches and sportswriters swayed by their own biases, angry that their team doesn't receive any respect because they don't play better opponents. In the end, the computers get it right. To be the best, you have to beat the best. Auburn has knocked down ranked opponent after ranked opponent, but still has a hell of a road ahead of them. They were already burned by the system once, at least now they are getting redemption. I fucking hate Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn, but I'll give respect where it's due. They have a heck of a team. Even if they've had some shaky wins, scraping by against a Top 10 team that continues to perform looks a fucking hell of a lot better than staking your claim to be the best on the fact that you beat a second-rate Virginia Tech team six weeks ago.

Not only did Auburn jump to #1, but they leaped ahead by a huge margin. Good for the computer.

Forum List

Back