Annual Personal Gun Inventory

Guns in America are an iconic symbol meaning so many different things, they have approached religion in significance for some, will we ever lose the old west myths or the image of gallant soul protecting the nation against whoever is out to get us today? Probably not.

repost

come to bed honey
i'll only be a little while
but you've been cleaning those guns all evening
they keep us safe dear
but it's cold up here
come to bed
be up in a bit
- ladder appears at window
- wife looks up surprised
- masked man puts his finger to lips
my husband is downstairs and armed
is he coming up soon
nah cleaning his guns
you look lonely
i am
- they talk
- ruffling sheets
honey what's all that noise up there
nothing dear you clean your guns
- quiet
dear i'm coming to bed now
- muffled reply
- sotto voce
oh she's sleeping so content
- says to himself
isn't it nice being secure
- hugs his gun close
- scene fades

I have nothing to hide, both of my weapons were purchased locally in the last 15 years, the Government knows all about them. Now they probably don't know I have 1100 carbine rounds and 700 30.06 rounds.

No, they don't. We're not required to track ammo. Only to regulate the sale as per age requirements and other applicable ATF regulation. We don't have to have your name to sell you ammo.

I generally don't know how much ammo I have at home (because I don't like to show off my ammo like I do some of my rarer, nicer guns, and it isn't as hard to find, for me at least), but it really isn't as much as you'd think. I have a box or two of almost everything (if I have a gun, I have to have ammo to fire it), and a decent supply of the stuff I use regularly, but I don't have the storage area at home to keep thousands of rounds of ammo. If I need it, I just run to the closest store and grab it. The only thing I keep a lot of at home are 45 ACP, .22, and shotgun shells. The rest is just a box or two of each.

Incidentally, if you haven't found Winchester Super X CB Long Match 22 (NOT Long Rifle! so it won't work in all 22s), it is the BOMB for squirrels. Quietest stuff I've ever found for about $3/box. Out of the right rifle, it is no louder than a pellet gun. No lie.

I have nothing to hide, both of my weapons were purchased locally in the last 15 years, the Government knows all about them. Now they probably don't know I have 1100 carbine rounds and 700 30.06 rounds.

No, they don't. We're not required to track ammo. Only to regulate the sale as per age requirements and other applicable ATF regulation. We don't have to have your name to sell you ammo.

I generally don't know how much ammo I have at home (because I don't like to show off my ammo like I do some of my rarer, nicer guns, and it isn't as hard to find, for me at least), but it really isn't as much as you'd think. I have a box or two of almost everything (if I have a gun, I have to have ammo to fire it), and a decent supply of the stuff I use regularly, but I don't have the storage area at home to keep thousands of rounds of ammo. If I need it, I just run to the closest store and grab it. The only thing I keep a lot of at home are 45 ACP, .22, and shotgun shells. The rest is just a box or two of each.

Incidentally, if you haven't found Winchester Super X CB Long Match 22 (NOT Long Rifle! so it won't work in all 22s), it is the BOMB for squirrels. Quietest stuff I've ever found for about $3/box. Out of the right rifle, it is no louder than a pellet gun. No lie.

I don't shoot animals, well not until I have to. And I don't use 22's, I want to FEEL the weapon I am using when it goes off. If not I could just buy a pellet gun.

Guns are like prunes. Is one enough, are 179 too many?

Actually some firearms are not suitible for certain things.
Like your wouldn't want to use a 300 win mag for close qurters home defense.
Nor would you want to go bear hunting with a 22

I looked in my safe and I found ZERO guns.

glad to know that.

neighbor---guns1_o.jpg

Sure you've got your guns, alright.

But is that really enough protection?

Those damned nanny state progressives want to take away your home-defence rocket launchers, your purely for personal protection flame throwers, your truck mounted autocannons.

I mean how's a patriot supposed to protect himself with such silly limits on his firepower?

It's getting so a man cannot lay out a field of fire much bigger than a city block without the AFT getting all upset about it.

Can't go wrong with any of those, but if you ever want to get rid of the Springfield, call me! :)

You're going to get a bump on that SN too....hell all of them.

Nice rifles! And EXACTLY my cup of tea!

Those damned nanny state progressives want to take away your home-defence rocket launchers, your purely for personal protection flame throwers, your truck mounted autocannons.

I mean how's a patriot supposed to protect himself with such silly limits on his firepower?

It's getting so a man cannot lay out a field of fire much bigger than a city block without the AFT getting all upset about it.

I don't do the Class III stuff (thought about it, might still get it some day, but not willing to trade rights for that privilege just yet).

I'm fine with the semis and "down." Have no desire to blow stuff up.

I respect that
neighbor---guns1_o.jpg

I don't do the Class III stuff (thought about it, might still get it some day, but not willing to trade rights for that privilege just yet).

I'm fine with the semis and "down." Have no desire to blow stuff up.

I've set up a Trust for some items.

Hey, there's always Joe's Stump Removal, LLC. for removing trees and whatnot.

glad to know that.

neighbor---guns1_o.jpg

Where did I say that I want to ban all guns?

Well my apologies, but coming from my experiences those who do not have a gun could care less about gun rights or are for gun control and both in my view are the same. but that’s just my point of view my opinion.

So, that was an EPIC FAIL on your part. An utter, pathetic fail.

I exercise my second amendment right to NOT own a gun.

and you have ever right not to have a gun...with two small kids in the house...that is most likely a good decision....i just used trigger locks...till he was old enough to get his own rifle.....you do realize not all guns are handguns?

Forum List

Back