Why are so many afraid of guns?

Mini 14

Jun 6, 2010
FAR more people die every year from the stuff in your liquor cabinets than guns.

Guns are beautiful, and have done far less damage than Jack Daniels!

IMG_3974.jpg

FAR more people die every year from the stuff in your liquor cabinets than guns.

I'm more afraid of the pinheads that are allowed to purchase them at will. :cuckoo:

what state do you live in that allows anyone to purchase at will....

i have ever right to protect myself....i am a liberal with guns

I'm more afraid of the pinheads that are allowed to purchase them at will. :cuckoo:

"at will" doesn't mean we don't pay attention. If you buy too many handguns in too few days, we report it automatically to the ATF, as we are required to. And the purchaser never knows about it :)

Anyone can buy them at gun shows. Anyone can buy them and give them as gifts without a background check.

IMG_3974.jpg

Well 40K Dead Americans each year has it's charms.

That and any moron could pick up a gun and suddenly become the toughest man in the room.

anyone who doesnt fear a gun is an idiot.

Guns can kill in a split second.

Anyone can buy them at gun shows. Anyone can buy them and give them as gifts without a background check.

Not legally.

Anyone who buys a gun knowing they are going to give it as a gift has committed a felony (Look at question #11a on the 4473). This comes up all the time in our shops, and we deal with it in various ways.

It is a technicality, but if the ATF wants you or the dealer, the law is there for them to enforce.

And if you knowingly put a firearm in the hands of a felon, you're now a felon yourself :)

As for gun shows, it is corrupt dealers that are the problem there. I advocate that all sales at shows must be 4473'd. I think we'll get there in the next couple of years, and there is no real argument against it, except from those who want a convenient way to bypass the law.

Private transactions should be just that. There should be no such thing as a "private transaction" at a show, unless it is between dealers and the proper transfers take place.

I'm just wondering why certain people seem to use their guns to make up for certain personal... er... deficits.

ah well.. i guess others use certain cars for the same reason.

*shrug*

IMG_3974.jpg

guns don't scare me....

bullets, on the other hand, do scare me

I just dropped membership in a hunting/shooting club this past year.
It got overrun with the they're going to take our guns away right wingers. They tried to make NRA membership a condition of membership in the club and started saying the pledge and a prayer before meetings and quoting Beck and running down Obama.

It was a nice place before politics moved in.

Ohh well what should one expect from a club that still will not allow women members.

btw I have many guns, lots of ammo and have a Remington Rand Model 1911 at hand right now.

Last edited:

Not legally.

Anyone who buys a gun knowing they are going to give it as a gift has committed a felony (Look at question #11a on the 4473). This comes up all the time in our shops, and we deal with it in various ways.

It is a technicality, but if the ATF wants you or the dealer, the law is there for them to enforce.

And if you knowingly put a firearm in the hands of a felon, you're now a felon yourself :)

As for gun shows, it is corrupt dealers that are the problem there. I advocate that all sales at shows must be 4473'd. I think we'll get there in the next couple of years, and there is no real argument against it, except from those who want a convenient way to bypass the law.

Private transactions should be just that. There should be no such thing as a "private transaction" at a show, unless it is between dealers and the proper transfers take place.

Not according to what I just read. You are not required to do a background check unless you are licensed.

The second loophole exist at gun shows and other private transactions. Background check laws do not extend to private sales, so sellers not licensed by the federal government are not required to make such checks

Read more: About Buying a Gun & Background Searches | eHow.com About Buying a Gun & Background Searches | eHow.com

It seems pretty easy to get one even if you're a nutbar.

It got overrun with the they're going to take our guns away right wingers. They tried to make NRA membership a condition of membership in the club and started saying the pledge and a prayer before meetings and quoting Beck and running down Obama.

Ohh well what should one expect from a club that still will not allow women members.

I'm done with the NRA. They absolutely suck now. All politics and lies, just to line their own pockets.

Check out Gun Owners of America. They have it right, and are what the NRA used to be.

my husband's shooting club has NRA membership as a condition of joining. ticked both of us off. he dropped his membership years ago when they started backing militia loons.

Forum List

Back