Annual Personal Gun Inventory

Mini 14

Jun 6, 2010
Last night, I went through the safes and inventoried all my firearms (something I do every new year, just to remember what I have and get together a list for the insurance company). Its always an adventure, because as a dealer, I often forget about firearms that roll through the shop but never hit the sales floor because "I don't have one of those, and its cool!"

Is 179 too many? :cuckoo:

(I collect 22's, mostly old Winchesters, so of those, about 80 are 22 rifles. I love walking through the woods, thinking I'm 13 all over again, even though I'm closer to 13x4 than I am 13 :)

It's good to have a hobby.

If things can make you happy, then by all means collect stuff.

Went to a gun show a few weeks ago.

It was interesting.

I like gun shows, well enough. I get very nervous around the guys who don't want to do a 4473. I've bought a couple of guns at shows that needed work (the prices aren't usually very good unless the guy doesn't know what he has, or it is broken) . One was a Remington Model 12 .22 pump, which I paid $50, restored and repaired, and have turned down $600 twice now. Gun shoots true and clean, and looks fantastic!

For the most part, I buy accessories and "hard to find" stuff at shows. And if a dealer sells me a gun "under the table," I always stop by the ATF table and let them know about it. To me, selling guns commercially is a privilege, not a right, and the ATF is my friend, not my enemy in that regard, so I look out for them as they have looked out for me.

Now when I sell a gun personally, I don't involve the ATF, but I don't buy the line at a gun show when a guy is standing in front of a table of 300 guns that "this is a private transaction between you and me, so we're not going to do the paperwork."

I understand the ATF's abhorrence of Gun Shows, and we really need to fix the problem. The easiest solution (to me) is that no gun can leave the show without a NICS number attached to the action. Game Over and everyone happy at that point.

Last night, I went through the safes and inventoried all my firearms (something I do every new year, just to remember what I have and get together a list for the insurance company). Its always an adventure, because as a dealer, I often forget about firearms that roll through the shop but never hit the sales floor because "I don't have one of those, and its cool!"

(I collect 22's, mostly old Winchesters, so of those, about 80 are 22 rifles. I love walking through the woods, thinking I'm 13 all over again, even though I'm closer to 13x4 than I am 13 :)

Odd confession. I would council against following this idiots lead.

Fuck you, huggy. You have your Care Bear collection, I have my guns.

Went to a gun show a few weeks ago.

It was interesting.

I like gun shows, well enough. I get very nervous around the guys who don't want to do a 4473. I've bought a couple of guns at shows that needed work (the prices aren't usually very good unless the guy doesn't know what he has, or it is broken) . One was a Remington Model 12 .22 pump, which I paid $50, restored and repaired, and have turned down $600 twice now. Gun shoots true and clean, and looks fantastic!

For the most part, I buy accessories and "hard to find" stuff at shows. And if a dealer sells me a gun "under the table," I always stop by the ATF table and let them know about it. To me, selling guns commercially is a privilege, not a right, and the ATF is my friend, not my enemy in that regard, so I look out for them as they have looked out for me.

Now when I sell a gun personally, I don't involve the ATF, but I don't buy the line at a gun show when a guy is standing in front of a table of 300 guns that "this is a private transaction between you and me, so we're not going to do the paperwork."

I understand the ATF's abhorrence of Gun Shows, and we really need to fix the problem. The easiest solution (to me) is that no gun can leave the show without a NICS number attached to the action. Game Over and everyone happy at that point.

Unless you are an agent in the ATF you are not their buddy. They do an important job catching dangerous people. They are not running a fan club.

Note to other readers: As a private citizen I would follow the law when necessary otherwise keep your weapons inventory to yourself. Bragging about how many weapons you own is foolish. Anywhere.

I'm sure you have a tiny penis and an obsession to have others believe you are virile. How often does bragging about how many guns you have get you laid?

I'm sure you have a tiny penis and an obsession to have others believe you are virile. How often does bragging about how many guns you have get you laid?

You are a RETARD, thanks for proving it once again.

Oh ....are you the next moron to tell on yourself? Go for it idiot. Maybe you'll get a brownie badge from the ATF. Do what you want people. If there ever was a time not to listen to fools it is here.

I'm down to seven, and 3 of those are .22s, a rifle, semi-automatic pistol and 6 shot revolver, for cheap well rounded target practice.

A good hunting rifle and shotgun, an AR-15 and a CC 9mm semi-automatic pistol round out my collection.

I also go to gun shows to buy parts and odd magazines, best place to find them at reasonable prices with no S&H charges.

huggy has a point.....when i was talking about guns on here...i was advised to be quiet...due to the dangers of government agencies but mini is a licensed gun dealer...i would expect him to have a lot of things that as he says...he just comes across and cant pass up

Note to other readers: As a private citizen I would follow the law when necessary otherwise keep your weapons inventory to yourself. Bragging about how many weapons you own is foolish. Anywhere.

So I shouldn't tell anyone about the tactical nuke I store in my basement?

huggy has a point.....when i was talking about guns on here...i was advised to be quiet...due to the dangers of government agencies but mini is a licensed gun dealer...i would expect him to have a lot of things that as he says...he just comes across and cant pass up

I'm licensed by the Federal Government. I do not own a single gun that they aren't aware of (even those which do not have serial numbers), and I am responsible for thousands I do NOT own personally.

If I wanted to hide a gun, there is no way I could.

While I might advise unlicensed people to keep their guns to themselves, I do not have that luxury.

I suppose guys like Huggy would rather I was "just like all the rest" and kept a stash of untraceable guns somewhere, or that I fought constantly with the ATF because of their daily interaction in my business, but that just isn't the way I work. Huggy strikes me as the type that likely has a gun.....that no one knows about. If he walked into one of my stores, he would not be allowed to purchase a gun.

I have an EXCELLENT relationship with ATF, no matter what Huggy thinks. Whenever they need anything of me, it is provided to them, and whenever I need anything from them, it is provided as well. I'll be rabbit hunting with my agent in a couple of weeks. He's a collector as well. I'm sure he's going to find Huggy's approach to "gun control" very amusing, as it is the exact same bullshit he battles every day. But what I think will bother him the most is finding out that we're not really buddies, even if we think we are.

Because Huggy says so.

Nah, that's okay.

But mum's the word on those ICBMs you've got siloed in your backyard.

I have nothing to hide, both of my weapons were purchased locally in the last 15 years, the Government knows all about them. Now they probably don't know I have 1100 carbine rounds and 700 30.06 rounds.

Nah, that's okay.

But mum's the word on those ICBMs you've got siloed in your backyard.

In general, it is common advice. I can't tell you how many people ask to buy guns from me "just between us. Private transaction and all.....you know?" wink win, nudge nudge.

It's never happened and it never will.

I don't have the luxury of hiding my firearms like Huggy does. It was one of the privileges I swapped for the privilege of selling guns commercially.

Guys like Huggy give responsible gun owners a bad name everywhere. "Hide your guns! Don't tell what you have! ATF is the bad guy! Dealers are too!"

You can't hide from the ATF anyway, especially when you come on a relatively busy, likely actively monitiored messageboard such as USMB and make an ass of yourself daily.

I can't control private transactions. I don't advise in that regard. All I know is if a gun goes through my license, it is done by the book.

Even if that gun is headed to my personal safes.

Forum List

Back