Announcing the Start of BBQ Season

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Hear Ye! Hear He!

Let it be known far and wide that: this Sunday, March Twenty-first, in the year of Our Lord 2010, Chez Boe will perform the first smoking of the full racks of pork ribs of the BBQ season.

We're going to do a KC Style Rub:

Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup paprika
* 1 tablespoon black pepper
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 tablespoon garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 1 teaspoon cayenne

(Will probably need to double or triple this.)

We're going to do a KC Style Rub:

Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup paprika
* 1 tablespoon black pepper
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 tablespoon garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 1 teaspoon cayenne

(Will probably need to double or triple this.)

Thanks

I have been looking for a basic rub

I'm lazy about sauces.

Everett & Jones Super Q is excellent - and I can always find it on sale here in the Bay Area (I picked up four jars this week at $2.99 each - I can' t make a sauce for that cheap).

I'm lazy about sauces.

Everett & Jones Super Q is excellent - and I can always find it on sale here in the Bay Area (I picked up four jars this week at $2.99 each - I can' t make a sauce for that cheap).

my gf's dad makes the rub we use. He's the kind of guy that competes in bbq cook offs all summer long so.. it's pretty good. But, I do like the sauce. I used to use Sticky Pig, and Gates before that.. but, Blues Hog is pretty goddamn tasty.

The big question is sweet & tangy vs. vineagary.

I prefer the former. But whatever the sauce, it's hard to beat BBQd dead pig flesh.

Nope. We just have the Weber bullet style version - but we've done up to 8 slabs of ribs at one time.

One can fit a surprising amount of dead pig flesh in one of those things.

We're considering upgrading after we get through digging up and redoing the back yard this year.

Forum List

Back