Anne Rice

Oh..and just to whet your appetite....Magnus..the dirty ugly crone-like creepy vamp that turned Lestat? He ain't dead. ;)

LOVED the Taltos story line. HATED Mona Mayfair. You need to read Blackwood Farm. Truly excellent writing. Truly. She brings in Lestat but its mainly focused on a doppleganger and ghosts.

You also need to read up on Lestat. Things have changed with him in the Vamp World. Brat Prince is on a roll, lol.

Didn''t know that. Thank you. Any news of the lady who keeps the history? The still-functional half of the red-haired twins. She was so cool. The aunt of all of us. I can't remember the name of the man who tried to watch over that girl at Lestat's concert and then had to bring her home, dying, for the redhaired twin to be given no choice but to turn her. Got to read this again!
Maharet. And mekare. The twins. Maharet....she still kept the records. I will not say more. You need to read Prince Lestat. It tells of what happens to them both.
Jesse. She was attacked at Lestats concert. Maharet turned her, I think. And she turned David (Jesse did)...leader of Talamasca.
Yes...you need to catch up! But you will in Prince Lestat. It has ALL the vamps in that book. They are being hunted, the vamps. Burned. Another like Akasha is doing it and they are in hiding so they all gather together. Mind you, Prince Lestat...NOT the second one title Prince Lestat Realm of Atlantis. That one carries forth what happens AFTER Lestat truly becomes Prince of the Savage Garden. :)

Thank you! I must catch up! I could not remember Jesse's name, just that she got into trouble at the concert, Lestat said something to her when she climbed onto the stage, the guy Maharet sent to guard her could not (i think he was in love with her), he brought her back to Maharet's compound, they had to turn her in order to save her life, and then Mekare came to wipe out Akasha and absorb the vampire essence into herself at the conclave at Maharet's compound, and right in front of Lestat.

I'm glad to hear that the Brat Prince is still around and up to no good, as usual. I always liked his mother for saying that she had had enough of the human life that she had lived and was now so, so gone.

What a wonderful ongoing tale! A bit of Tolkien in a way. I've always said that Rice's vampires represented the thought that "life sucks and then you DON't die." There is no relief, just the thought of millennia with the same old crap.

BtW: hope you liked True Blood.

@Lysistrata
This has been a great chat! Which proves Lucy Hamilton is correct....politics are just one aspect of a person, but it does not enfold ALL the person on what makes them tick. I enjoyed this discussion with you. Which will make me think twice in future when we disagree on other topics and not be so....obnoxious. :D

Oh..and when you get a chance...read Swan Song by Robert McGammon. You will not be disappointed. Google it.

I have read Interview With A Vampire and The Vampire Lestat. I have several others but have not read them....someday.

@Lysistrata
This has been a great chat! Which proves Lucy Hamilton is correct....politics are just one aspect of a person, but it does not enfold ALL the person on what makes them tick. I enjoyed this discussion with you. Which will make me think twice in future when we disagree on other topics and not be so....obnoxious. :D

Agreed. This has been a very pleasant experience. I wish that we could all dial down the obnoxiousness. There is some fun in this world. I've thought about all the differences among us Americans; how we are affected by the different cultures in which we grow up, and maybe some day I'll write about it. We are molded by our different experiences.

For instance, I've been to the southwest and learned to like cheese enchiladas and pinion pine. I was confronted at the age of 11 by a scorpion in my aunt's bathtub in San Antonio (she was USAF at Lackland). I have eaten Christmas dinner at the Jemez Pueblo. But I grew up beside NYC, with the Easter and Christmas shows at Radio City with the Rockettes, and am currently mourning the announcement that Lord & Taylor's on Fifth Avenue will be closed after so many decades. My mother always used to take me there, with its wooden display cases and elevators, for shopping and lunch when I was a kid, and drag me to the art shows on Washington Square. How does anyone explain this to a person who grew up on a cattle ranch in Texas?

Some day we will all find some common ground. We are all from different places, all in this 3,000 mile country.

Maybe your Anne Rice thread will be a start. I so enjoyed it. Now, about that Brat Lestat!

P.S. I've never been to NOLA. It's on my list.

Lestat has abandoned NOLA just as his created did. Rice is in Palm Springs and seems happy there. At least she returned to her roots in writing, anyway. Maybe that mansion there in the Garden District truly did begin to haunt her after Stan died.
Anyway....Lestat when home too. He is now back in France in his birth place chateau.
Once you catch up...we can yak more about Brat Prince. :D

Well...done with the werewolf story. Two volumes. I didn't much care for it. But, I finished off the Prince Lestat and Prince Lestat Realms of Atlantis. That one..I wanted to keep going. Been a long time since I have read a book and was bummed when I hit the last page. But..she left plenty of openings for a continuation of even more to come...YAY!

Now I am rereading The Mummy so I can familiarize myself with the storyline while I wait for the library to call that Part Two is waiting for me.

Forum List

Back