Ann Coulter: Michael Steele was absolutely right

I don't think Steele was 'absolutely' right but he was somewhat correct. This is Obama's war now and the one we should have stayed with. It is the war against terrorism.

That neocon weasel Kristol should get his lying behind out of poitics. He never could explain his positions with any clarity. Any way the wind blows..

Steele shouldn't step down.

Who has said Obama has "no responsibility"?

That's as asinine as ignore the fact that he inherited a fucking mess from the guy who basically had Afghanistan on auto pilot.

Gee, going into the "Graveyard of Superpowers" and then deciding to divide your efforts.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

This.."inherited a fucking mess" excuse is just that an excuse. The question is , is Obama in the process of solving the problem. My answer to that is no, he's a pathetic Commander and Chief and the military knows it.

As soon as the Military is given full charge to handle war the way they see fit and the stupid bleeding heart civilians and politicians shut the fuck up and let them do their job, then there will be success .. otherwise it's a slog, waste and fingers up butts.

It's an excuse but it's also not something that can be completely ignored.

In the larger sense, the Taliban doesn't give a fuck about how the goat got fucked, they only care that the goat is fucked. In that sense, blaming Bush isn't going to cut the muster. However, in light of the American public who is starting to question the war; it is something to consider.

There is a reason Afghanistan went septic and we have to react to it appropriately.

BTW, where were you when the soldiers were living under the ROE when Bush was the CINC?

I was in Afghanistan for a year of that time. I understood the reason for the ROE (even though I detested Bush) and we all abided by it. Some soldiers, if given full latitude, would go scorched Earth in Afghanistan and eliminate every perceived threat to maximize their own safety. That would work in the short term, but in the long term would be a frigging disaster.

Just ask the Soviets if you dispute it.

Fighting an unconventional war requires to assume more risk than a conventional war. Professional soldiers know it, and if they have a problem with that notion then they are in the wrong line of work.

In my opinion it would be VERY few US soldiers who would behave that way. Not it in a professional military as the US has.

And in the larger scheme of things, neither Bush nor Obama sets the ROE anyway, that is something that all Presidents will trust to to their military commanders. I'm sure they approve or disprove but ultimately it is the joint chief relying on his staff who sets ROE. Blaming Bush or Obama for those rules is stupid.

That's as asinine as ignore the fact that he inherited a fucking mess from the guy who basically had Afghanistan on auto pilot.

Gee, going into the "Graveyard of Superpowers" and then deciding to divide your efforts.

This.."inherited a fucking mess" excuse is just that an excuse. The question is , is Obama in the process of solving the problem. My answer to that is no, he's a pathetic Commander and Chief and the military knows it.

As soon as the Military is given full charge to handle war the way they see fit and the stupid bleeding heart civilians and politicians shut the fuck up and let them do their job, then there will be success .. otherwise it's a slog, waste and fingers up butts.

In the larger sense, the Taliban doesn't give a fuck about how the goat got fucked, they only care that the goat is fucked. In that sense, blaming Bush isn't going to cut the muster. However, in light of the American public who is starting to question the war; it is something to consider.

There is a reason Afghanistan went septic and we have to react to it appropriately.

BTW, where were you when the soldiers were living under the ROE when Bush was the CINC?

I was in Afghanistan for a year of that time. I understood the reason for the ROE (even though I detested Bush) and we all abided by it. Some soldiers, if given full latitude, would go scorched Earth in Afghanistan and eliminate every perceived threat to maximize their own safety. That would work in the short term, but in the long term would be a frigging disaster.

Fighting an unconventional war requires to assume more risk than a conventional war. Professional soldiers know it, and if they have a problem with that notion then they are in the wrong line of work.

(In any engagement, the ROE need to balance two competing goals: The need to use force effectively to accomplish the mission objectives and the need to avoid unnecessary force.)
Rules of engagement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not military but it seems their the ones to handle war, it's their job, that's what their trained to do. I'm just saying let them do their job. I surmise that in war mistakes are made over exuberance is displayed but I would guess the military has ways of curtailing it.

From my discussions with military people they feel held back by civilian political correctness and as a general rule I come back to allowing them to do what they feel is in their best interest. Granted.. I'm a novice as most civilians are.

Obama didn't start Afghanistan, But he chose to send more troops and commit to it once elected. His party also voted to go to war there in the first place.

What is amazing to me is you guys actually think Obama has no responsibility here.

I think he was right when he called it Obama's war of Choice. Obama ran for office saying he would get us out of Iraq, and send more troops to Afghanistan. Sure sounds like the war he chose to me. However I do admit the way he(steel) said it made it sound like it was Obama's War....no It was America's War. Obama just chose to send more troops and commit to winning it.

Viet Nam was a very good example of this.

In my opinion it would be VERY few US soldiers who would behave that way. Not it in a professional military as the US has.

And in the larger scheme of things, neither Bush nor Obama sets the ROE anyway, that is something that all Presidents will trust to to their military commanders. I'm sure they approve or disprove but ultimately it is the joint chief relying on his staff who sets ROE. Blaming Bush or Obama for those rules is stupid.

Hey Cum Hog........quick question there sportcheck.........have you ever served?

I did, and I can tell you that the feeling of quite a few of us active duty types who actually served in that area, yes, if they were ALLOWED (that's what "given full latitude means), they would like nothing more than to turn the whole place into radioactive glass and put up a Mickey D's up in the center of the parking lot.

However.......they are professionals and as such, will follow orders. But the general feeling was that if they were allowed to do as they wish, scorched earth would have been a choice a lot would have liked to be allowed to do.

You really shouldn't talk shit about stuff you know absolutely nothing about.

Apples and oranges. Vietnam was fought mostly by draftees , not professional soldiers as today's wars are.

Steele should gooo! He can't be trusted to positively assist the GOP. Reminds me of Biden...:lol:

Well it's only fair, after all why should the Democrats be allowed to horde all the babbling idiots to themselves? :tongue:

Calling this Obama's "War of Choice" and acting like he was the one who got us into Afghanistan in the first place is so much bullshit it's Orwellian without being subtle. There is something else Steele said that isn't getting enough attention:

"This is not something the United States had actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in."

Are you fucking kidding me? Steele was right? What kind of paint chips do you have to be eating to believe that? :cuckoo:

Apples and oranges. Vietnam was fought mostly by draftees , not professional soldiers as today's wars are.

Again..........exactly how many years did you serve with these professional soldiers?

Oh wait.......that's right.......you were too much of a cowardly pussy to join............

Go ahead Cum Hog, tell us how "real professional soldiers" think.

Oh boy.

Ann Coulter

Bill Kristol Must Resign

Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele was absolutely right. Afghanistan is Obama's war and, judging by other recent Democratic ventures in military affairs, isn't likely to turn out well....

Townhall - Bill Kristol Must Resign

The Great Right Schism gets Schism-ier.

lol

Steele should gooo! He can't be trusted to positively assist the GOP. Reminds me of Biden...:lol:

Problem is what he said may have not been politically correct but it was pretty much spot on.

Hey Cum Hog........quick question there sportcheck.........have you ever served?

I did, and I can tell you that the feeling of quite a few of us active duty types who actually served in that area, yes, if they were ALLOWED (that's what "given full latitude means), they would like nothing more than to turn the whole place into radioactive glass and put up a Mickey D's up in the center of the parking lot.

However.......they are professionals and as such, will follow orders. But the general feeling was that if they were allowed to do as they wish, scorched earth would have been a choice a lot would have liked to be allowed to do.

Aside from your obvious lust for Conhog... I'm a tad confused here.. do you or don't you trust the military to carry out war..?

Calling this Obama's "War of Choice" and acting like he was the one who got us into Afghanistan in the first place is so much bullshit it's Orwellian without being subtle. There is something else Steele said that isn't getting enough attention:

"This is not something the United States had actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in."

Are you fucking kidding me? Steele was right? What kind of paint chips do you have to be eating to believe that? :cuckoo:

It's so dumb it's not even worth addressing. I really don't think he meant Obama started the war, I think he just misspoke , but that doesn't lessen the stupidity of the statement.

I agree with you on the ROE and have made that point often on here.

It's one of the reasons why I don't get why conservatives bitch about it so much on here.

The ROE exists for tactical reasons and GEN Petreaus has always advocated for it.

"Got us into Afghanistan" ??? Excuse me, who was it that is munching on paint chips here? perhaps you've forgotten those pesky details relating to the evolution of the current conflict in Afghanistan and the overwhelming public support behind it.

Yes there's a point to be made from President Obama's own words that Afghanistan was his "war of choice" since he made no bones about which "war" he preferred to fight and which "war" he didn't all through his 2008 campaign (Iraq bad, Afghanistan good), after all if the silly prick didn't want to have our troops fighting in Afghanistan he could have easily avoided escalating it by sending MORE troops there ...

Guilt is prove by both word and deed, enjoy your paint chips.

Rewriting fuckimg history again huh?

Tell us how this was a war of Obamas chosing?

Then you served with a bunch of nuts who have no place in the US military. No sane person wants to turn any area into radioactive glass, but by the way , what customers would a MickeyD's draw if they were in the middle of a radioactive glass field, and for that matter who would work there?

On a serious note, I doubt that 1 out of 100K US military personal are in favor of nuking Afghanistan. Only racist weirdos like you, which the US military is usually pretty good about weeding out, or at least keeping so low in rank that they can't really harm anyone.

I agree with you on the ROE and have made that point often on here.

It's one of the reasons why I don't get why conservatives bitch about it so much on here.

The ROE exists for tactical reasons and GEN Petreaus has always advocated for it.

I wasn't arguing with you bro. I think on matters of military we see eye to eye.

Get your head outta your ass, douchebag. Obama's been playing up Afghanistan since day one. He has defined it, defined the rule of engagement and the time we leave. Stupid? yes. But that is Obama... stupid is as stupid does.

Last edited:
And so goes the republicans rewrite of history.

It never stops and their minions will believe anything they are told to believe no matter how many facts have to be ignored

so fkn true

when g bush the 2nd was president limbaugh (and every other conservative historical revisionist and hate monger) said

"liberals WANT him to fail!
and by wanting bush to fail THAT MEANS that they want America to fail!"

and every deranged moronicon in the country said "that's RIGHT!"

but
now that Obama is pres....

limbaugh is saying "I WANT him to fail! but that does NOT mean that I want America to fail"

and every moronicon in the country understands the TRUTH of this statement!

but let's go back further....

when g bush the first was president and we had the gulf war limbaugh said
"anyone who does not support this war (meaning liberals) does NOT SUPPORT THE TROOPS!...it can't be done! you can'T support the troops if you do NOT support the war!

then
when clinton had to deal with that bosnian thingy

the republicans had a closed door meeting (this is all true! I watched it unfold)

and emerged to declare; "we do NOT support this war/military action BUT we DO SUPPORT the troops! You CAN support the troops even though you do NOT support the war!"

limbaugh immediately started broadcasting this to his deranged minions

then...

when g bush the 2nd got us involved in iraq

limbaugh said
"anyone who does not support this war (meaning liberals) does NOT SUPPORT THE TROOPS!...it can't be done! you can'T support the troops if you do NOT support the war!

limbaugh is evil

the republicans who went along with this were evil

and the moronicons who go along with this flip flopping are deranged lunatics

Get your head outta your ass, dochebag. Obama's been playing up Afghanistan since day one. He has defined it, defined the rule of engagement and the time we leave. Stupid? yes. But that is Obama... stupid is as stupid does.

NOLA, I don't like Obama, but come on now, as I said, Obama has NOTHING to do with the ROE. And the fact is we were already there when he became President so blaming him for being there is disingenuous at best. There are plenty, and I mean PLENTY of legitimate gripes about Obama , but this is not one of them.

Forum List

Back