Ann Coulter gives Sandra Fluke and her supporters a reality check.

419622_359630030744467_218167498224055_1044207_1017882298_n.jpg

As opposed to you, who believes they don't think at all.

...or a president who doesn't care what the Constitution or Congress think.

What kind of sick bastard EVER thinks of a baby as "unwanted"? "Unplanned", maybe, but "unwanted"?

I see some are using "unintentional" now. What? They didn't know what they were doing?

I prefer unwanted, it fits the case.

YOU may be unwanted, because God knows that I can't picture anyone having any use for you. Babies, on the other hand . . . I would gladly trade ten of you - if, God help us, there were actually that many worthless pieces of crap like you - for any one baby you'd care to name. Just because trash like YOU doesn't want them doesn't mean DECENT human beings don't.

Point is, if it's covered, more likely it will be used.

Studies that I've read back up the claim, and find that for every $1 an insurance company spends on BC, it saves on average about $2-$6 in the long run by not having to pay for pregnancy.

I believe I posted the link earlier.

No, your point was we need to help prevent irresponsible pregnancies. Your theory requires them to be responsible about taking birth control as prescribed. A contradiction to be sure.

Further, you don't require them to be responsible in paying for the medicine. Paying makes it far more likely they will use it.

No, my point is that BC pill coverage protects an insurance pool against the risk of unwanted pregnancies. Yes, irresponsibility plays into that, but not everyone who has an unwanted pregnancy is necessarily irresponsible overall (maybe I overemphasized that word earlier). If you're on a really tight budget, you might just choose to "take the risk" and not go on the pill, even though overall you're a generally responsible person.

Either way, believe what you want to believe, I'm getting burnt out on this subject.

Quick snippet from a website before I retire, with data that backs my projection that it pays for insurance to invest in contraceptives in order to reduce costs overall:

*Numbers based off research performed by both the Guttmacher Institute and the Brookings Institute. Brookings Institute is apparently relatively well respected for their unbiased and independent research.

"Yet, although the costs of contraception can be daunting for individual women, insurance coverage of contraceptive services and supplies—both public and private—actually saves money. Guttmacher Institute research finds that every public dollar invested in contraception saves $3.74 in short-term Medicaid expenditures for care related to births from unintended pregnancies. In total, services provided at publicly funded family planning centers saved $5.1 billion in 2008. (Significantly, these savings do not account for any of the broader health, social or economic benefits to women and families from contraceptive services and supplies and the ability to time, space and prepare for pregnancies.) A 2010 Brookings Institution analysis came to the same conclusion, and projected that expanding access to family planning services under Medicaid saves $4.26 for every $1 spent"

Off to sleep.

The Case for Insurance Coverage of Contraceptive Services And Supplies Without Cost-Sharing

If these people are not at the level of personal responsibility to pay for birth control devices, what makes anyone think they will rise to the level of personal responsibility to properly use them?
Here's one...."Oh shit I forgot my pills"..As she realizes when she opens her luggage at the start of a week at an oceanfront resort....How many times have prenatal doctors heard that one?....Tons.

Uncensored, are you covered by medical insurance?

If so, are you aware that if a sexually active couple who wants no kids, in your insurance pool, is irresponsible and gets pregnant because they don't use contraception, you will have to pay for that?

Do you tell them to "pay for your own fucking" in that scenario too, and petition your insurance company not to pay for the costs of pregnancy?

Do you at least agree that by insurance covering the BC pill, you and the entire insurance pool will be protected to a degree from the financial risk of an unwanted pregnancy?

Are you going to pay for my sons fees for his football team? That is recreation, too, no?

I can't for the life of me see why anybody should pay for somebody else's rubbers.

I'm going to the movies tomorrow night. You wanna pay for my ticket? Yet, another recreational activity.

Your argument seems to be based around "if you don't pay for my contraception and I get knocked up then you pay more". How about you take personal responsibility for your own sex?

It's called protecting oneself from risk. I will suffer personally when some irresponsible person who wants no kids has unprotected sex and gets knocked up. I have to pay for their bad decision, because my insurance pool will have to cover the costs of that pregnancy, which could cost anywhere from $12k - $100k. I will suffer, because if this happens enough premiums go up - for everyone, including me - despite the fact it's not me having unprotected sex.

BC pills are a mechanism to curb against this risk, which at a cheap price tag reduces the amount of unwanted and costly pregnancies in the overall insurance pool that I am a part of.

Movie ticket? If I pay for that what risk am I protecting my insurance pool from?

None.

Pay for your son's football team? Again what risk would that action protect the insurance pool from?

None.

Why is it so insanely difficult to get across the concept of protecting oneself from risk? Why can't you grasp this?
The point is being missed like a Justin Verlander exploding changeup.
This has nothing to do with unwanted pregnancy, women's health or insurance premiums..
This is an issue of personal responsibility being sloughed off onto others.
Essentially, the geniuses on Capitol Hill want to create a birth control welfare program.
We as a people cannot continue to be forced to pay for any more social entitlements.
A line has been drawn in the sand on this one.

Whoa up there, buddy. How do you "outlaw" something that has never before existed? If you want to talk about the heinous Republicans opposing homosexual "marriage", then I will thank you to do so clearly and honestly, not with this disingenuous horseshit about "outlawing" it, as though we were all going along happily, everyone getting state-sanctioned marriage certificates to whomever they wanted, until BAM! those bastard Republicans suddenly decided out of the blue to pass laws against it.

Every time you use sloppy, dishonest catch phrases like that, you're putting up a huge, neon sign over your head, flashing "Liar here! Not worth debating! Ignore me, please!"

Be honest, or get lost.

Proposition 8 (ballot title: Eliminates Rights of Same-Sex Couples to Marry)

Step 1: California Supreme Court rules that same-sex couples have a right to marry.
Step 2: Religious groups put together a proposition to outlaw that right, that currently exists.

Cecilie, it's funny, but you kind of look like the liar, here. Maybe you should get lost?

Also, just out of curiosity - do you even think about the words you are saying, or do you have no control over that flow of insult that pours out of your mouth?

Seriously, I'd like to know.

Last edited:
Whoa up there, buddy. How do you "outlaw" something that has never before existed? If you want to talk about the heinous Republicans opposing homosexual "marriage", then I will thank you to do so clearly and honestly, not with this disingenuous horseshit about "outlawing" it, as though we were all going along happily, everyone getting state-sanctioned marriage certificates to whomever they wanted, until BAM! those bastard Republicans suddenly decided out of the blue to pass laws against it.

Every time you use sloppy, dishonest catch phrases like that, you're putting up a huge, neon sign over your head, flashing "Liar here! Not worth debating! Ignore me, please!"

Be honest, or get lost.

Proposition 8 (ballot title: Eliminates Rights of Same-Sex Couples to Marry)

Step 1: California Supreme Court rules that same-sex couples have a right to marry.
Step 2: Religious groups put together a proposition to outlaw that right, that currently exists.

Cecilie, it's funny, but you kind of look like the liar, here. Maybe you should get lost?

Do you even think about the words you are saying, or is there just a constant stream of moronic insults that flow from your mouth from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to bed?

That was the reason Prop 8 was overturned. Not because gays have a constitutional right to marry but that the state had no right to withdraw an existing right without a pressing state interest

People can screw whether birth control is available or not

The issue is responsible family planning and it is in societies best interests that unwanted children be kept to a minimum

No hate larger than calling another human being unwanted.

What kind of sick bastard EVER thinks of a baby as "unwanted"? "Unplanned", maybe, but "unwanted"?

What kind of sick bastard INSISTS that other people want to have a baby? Not wanting to become a parent does not make you a "sick bastard."

YOU may be unwanted, because God knows that I can't picture anyone having any use for you. Babies, on the other hand . . .

Can't even be trusted to shit on their own without someone having to clean up after them. Sounds pretty useless to me.

The left thinks of babies as parasites.

Not true, and you know it. You are over generalizing to the point where you are no longer adding to the discussion.

How can you say that "the left" - in its entirety - collectively thinks of babies as parasites? It's a totally incorrect statement. Admit it.

Last edited:
Same old bullshit from the left, we don't support little children, etc, etc, etc because we want to eliminate abortion from your healthcare bills.....

The left thinks of babies as parasites.

Yet It is the right who votes against healthcare for children, Headstart programs and childcare

Forum List

Back