Animal Justification

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Was sitting here thinking about 'why'.

This isn't exactly YAGT (Yet Another Gay Thread), but I'm wondering if ANY OTHER group of people who participate in like behaviour use the argument "Well, in nature, ANIMALS do it!" as a justification or explanation of their activities.

I'm wondering if cannibals point to the Preying Mantis or something, or Wolves or like, who kill/consume their mates or offspring.
I'm wondering if Attorneys point to Chameleons who 'lie' about their true colours, to hide from predators?

Can any of y'all point me to a group, etc., who honestly tries to make ppl believe 'because ANIMALS do it, it MUST be okay!'?

:)

-=d=- said:

This isn't exactly YAGT (Yet Another Gay Thread), but I'm wondering if ANY OTHER group of people who participate in like behaviour use the argument "Well, in nature, ANIMALS do it!" as a justification or explanation of their activities.

I'm wondering if cannibals point to the Preying Mantis or something, or Wolves or like, who kill/consume their mates or offspring.
I'm wondering if Attorneys point to Chameleons who 'lie' about their true colours, to hide from predators?

Can any of y'all point me to a group, etc., who honestly tries to make ppl believe 'because ANIMALS do it, it MUST be okay!'?

You mean besides peeing in the woods on a camping trip? :D

-=d=- said:

Native Americans. Think about that one for awhile.

Same with martial artists.

-Except with them it is only a very surface level of behavior typically.

I have heard two funny arguments that are totally BS.

1) Humans are the only species that kill each other.

2) Dogs (and other animals) have "gay" sex, so that does not mean that homosexuality is not "unnatural".

freeandfun1 said:

2) Dogs (and other animals) have "gay" sex, so that does not mean that homosexuality is not "unnatural".
I had a really good one on #2, but think discretion is telling be to let it go :teeth:

freeandfun1 said:

One, like you said, is definitely not true. Jane Goodall has witnessed groups of chimpanzees gather up sticks and stones as weapons and descend on another group or tribe of chimpanzees and kill the shit out of them. But chimps are our closest species in genotypic terms.

The second most common relative we have in nature is the Bonobos. These are very similar to chimps. However, instead of settling disputes with war they do it with love. These are the only other animal, besides the human animal, seen regularly engaging in oral sex as well as gay and lesbian sex. They fuck all the time. They greet each other that way.

Now here is my hypothesis. George Bush was descended from the chimpanzee line and Clinton was descended from the Bonobos line.

menewa said:
Now here is my hypothesis. George Bush was descended from the chimpanzee line and Clinton was descended from the Bonobos line.

Or, since macro-evolution is a load of :poop: , we could more correctly say that Clinton and Bush - and the rest of us - are descended from a line of humans that are created, not evolved.

menewa said:
The second most common relative we have in nature is the Bonobos. These are very similar to chimps. However, instead of settling disputes with war they do it with love. These are the only other animal, besides the human animal, seen regularly engaging in oral sex as well as gay and lesbian sex. They fuck all the time. They greet each other that way.

Damn bonobos! :laugh:

Forum List

Back