God supports Republicans

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Found this scripture in the Bible:

"The heart of the wise man inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." ~ Ecclesiastes 10:2

So there you have it. God supports Republicans.

(before you have a heart attack im just messing around)

Bullypulpit said:
Just goes to show how religion can be perverted and subverted to justify political ends.

Just goes to show you dont know how to laugh man:)

But you do have a point. this is why we keep Politics out of religion.

Found this scripture in the Bible:

"The heart of the wise man inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." ~ Ecclesiastes 10:2

So there you have it. God supports Republicans.

(before you have a heart attack im just messing around)

Taking the bible literally tends to lead to bad things.

MrMarbles said:
Taking the bible literally tends to lead to bad things.

Wow, never thought anyone could possibly think that interpreting that verse to mean God supports Republicans would be taking the Bible literally. Im sure thats what God meant when He inspired Solomon to write it.

God might have been a republican in the Old Testament when he loved to reign down fireballls and send archangles down to decimate infidels.

But in the New Testament things take a turn. Jesus was a hippie.

menewa said:
God might have been a republican in the Old Testament when he loved to reign down fireballls and send archangles down to decimate infidels.

A hippy that believed in helping his fellow man through personal responsibilty. Not through government handouts. He believed that individuals should share their wealth with other individuals. He did not beleive in giving money to the state so that they can claim to distribute it "fairly". He also beleived that people need to believe in themselves and not rely on others.

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he never goes hungry again."

menewa said:

Jesus was defenitley a hippy! Long hair, loving your fellow man. He would of fit right in during the sixties.

MrMarbles said:
Jesus was defenitley a hippy! Long hair, loving your fellow man. He would of fit right in during the sixties.

governmental confiscation of citizen property has nothing to do with love, and all to do with focusing power in the hands of government officials.

insein said:
A hippy that believed in helping his fellow man through personal responsibilty. Not through government handouts. He believed that individuals should share their wealth with other individuals. He did not beleive in giving money to the state so that they can claim to distribute it "fairly". He also beleived that people need to believe in themselves and not rely on others.

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he never goes hungry again."

I agree that personal and familial and neighborly responsibilty is the most sustainable and most rewarding goal we can pursue. But since the modern capitalist state has exascerbated the breaking apart of the family and community, the government now has a duty to teach some of us how to achieve our former state of self reliance and close community. This resembles your quote.

I wish there was some way of achieving this goal without the government's involvement, but I don't know what. If there was some way a corporation could get rich by rebuilding self-sustainable and tight communities and families it would be happening. But until that day, the breakdown of society will continue.

menewa said:
I agree that personal and familial and neighborly responsibilty is the most sustainable and most rewarding goal we can pursue. But since the modern capitalist state has exascerbated the breaking apart of the family and community, the government now has a duty to teach some of us how to achieve our former state of self reliance and close community. This resembles your quote.

I wish there was some way of achieving this goal without the government's involvement, but I don't know what. If there was some way a corporation could get rich by rebuilding self-sustainable and tight communities and families it would be happening. But until that day, the breakdown of society will continue.

All we need is a rational society, but we're a looong way from that.

Bullypulpit said:
All we need is a rational society, but we're a looong way from that.

I wouldnt want a rational society. After all thats what all the totalitarians wanted to...

insein said:

Likewise "Build a man a fire, he is warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he is warm the rest of his life"

Forum List

Back