Animal Cruelty - What to do?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by freeandfun1, Jan 21, 2005.

1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Yesterday my nephew and I were in my bedroom, which is on the second floor and overlooks my neighbors yard. Our neighbors have a sweet german shepard that is about 5 months old and named "Sparky". Sparky was sitting out in the yard, soaking up the sun when we saw the owner of the home come out into the backyard. He bent over, picked up a piece of metal and threw it at Sparky and hit him in the leg. Sparky started yelping loudly and blood was going all over the place. Now it isn't like the dog was doing anything, he was just sit'n there.

The owner went inside and about 20 minutes later, he came out with a towel. Sparky was still yelping, bleeding and limping all over the yard in obvious pain. The guy started wiping the blood on the leg and looking at it and then he took Sparky and left. Today I see Sparky again in the yard, laying on the grass, soaking up the sun, but now he has a big cast on his leg. He looks soooo sad.

We are moving next week and I am thinking of "dog-napping" Sparky. Reporting the neighbor won't do any good, cuz he will just deny it and I will just be accused of making trouble.

Should I dognap Sparky and take him to our new home?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally, as illegal as it is... If I knew there was no chance of me getting caught, I'd steal him...

In a more likely scenario, I'd be going to jail for assault & battery, because I'd have let loose as soon as I saw him hit the dog.

3. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    I didn't read the details because I know they'd upset me. But if you are willing to take the dog, even if you want to find another home for him, I vote you take him. I realize animals were created for man, but I don't believe in cruelity.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Just get the dog away from that dude---you pick what method will work best from you but that fucker needs to be separated from Sparky. I'd call the cops--in Austin he'd be jailed.

5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    He'd be jailed here too, but likely, they would consider it a "my word against his word" situation.

I will take him when I leave. I just can't imagine leaving him here. I will keep my eye on him until then.....

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

You're a good man! :rock:

7. JOKER96BRAVO

JOKER96BRAVO Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +285
    You know...
    If you call animal control on him they will at the least, take the dog away
    from him and give him a fine. I would try that first.Then you can dognap
    him if it doesn't work. You better hope they don't have one of them
    microchips in him.

8. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Good point. Plus, I was thinking, I will have to take him to the vet to have him checked out. It will be my luck I will take him to the same vet he used!

9. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

If you can without getting caught then yes get the poor animal out of there, otherwise reporting the incident is the only thing you can do. However lying about it won't get him off, there is clear evidence of the injury and he would need to explain that as well.

10. JOKER96BRAVO

JOKER96BRAVO Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Your best bet is to make the call to animal control.
    If they take the dog you can adopt it and find it a better home, the legal way.