Anger versus wisdom

Tell me what you do know. We can go from there.
Alex, how has he run his businesses? How much deep research have you really done outisde of media articles you have read?
I keep seeing people say how they are angry and so they are voting for trump because he is going to make things happen. And despite the fact that people keep pointing out his lack of support or even knowledge of the constitution, his huge character flaws, his connection with criminals, his stance on issues that we vehemently opposed within the past few years, that we are going to teach Washington how angry we are by electing him. How does that make any sense whatsoever?

When riots occur in the inner city and the mobs loot and destroy property, no right minded person would argue that the mob showing the people it's anger is benefiting the people? How is voting for a "strongman" who will ignore the constitution because we are angry going to help anyone?

It's been reminding me of a quote I've read that I reread by chance this afternoon:

"When the Supreme Ruler of the universe wishes to destroy a nation, he takes away their wisdom in the first place, and they become insensible to their own interests, and they are filled with wrath; they give way to their anger, and thus lay the foundation of their own destruction. To him who seeks to save, he gives wisdom, which enables any people, nation, or individual to lay the foundation for strength, increase, and power. When we look abroad upon the nations, we can see this truth verified; and when we look at home in our own nation, it is no less verified. We see that wisdom is actually departing from the lawgiver, and the knowledge and the discretion the judge possessed years ago have vanished. We discern that the very policy adopted by the nations to fortify them in strength is calculated to sap their foundations. The axe is laid at the root of the tree, and all nations are filling up the cup of their guilt." - Brigham Young

We don't need anger in politics. We have enough odd that. What we need is wisdom. And that's something seriously lacking at the moment. We need to be fortifying the constitution, not destroying it.
It is said that anger is based on fear. I believe that to be true, for me at least. I am both angry and fearful at how this country has been run down, emasculated and left to be a laughing stock on the international world stage by the likes of Obama and his cohorts including Clinton.

I like how Trump has run his businesses and his ideas on how to run this country. He should be given the same chance as Obama. 4 years is not much to ask and he cannot do a great deal of harm in such a short period but can do great things given the opportunity.
That is an expansive and in depth topic, to what are you referring?

Alex, how has he run his businesses? How much deep research have you really done outisde of media articles you have read?
I keep seeing people say how they are angry and so they are voting for trump because he is going to make things happen. And despite the fact that people keep pointing out his lack of support or even knowledge of the constitution, his huge character flaws, his connection with criminals, his stance on issues that we vehemently opposed within the past few years, that we are going to teach Washington how angry we are by electing him. How does that make any sense whatsoever?

When riots occur in the inner city and the mobs loot and destroy property, no right minded person would argue that the mob showing the people it's anger is benefiting the people? How is voting for a "strongman" who will ignore the constitution because we are angry going to help anyone?

It's been reminding me of a quote I've read that I reread by chance this afternoon:

"When the Supreme Ruler of the universe wishes to destroy a nation, he takes away their wisdom in the first place, and they become insensible to their own interests, and they are filled with wrath; they give way to their anger, and thus lay the foundation of their own destruction. To him who seeks to save, he gives wisdom, which enables any people, nation, or individual to lay the foundation for strength, increase, and power. When we look abroad upon the nations, we can see this truth verified; and when we look at home in our own nation, it is no less verified. We see that wisdom is actually departing from the lawgiver, and the knowledge and the discretion the judge possessed years ago have vanished. We discern that the very policy adopted by the nations to fortify them in strength is calculated to sap their foundations. The axe is laid at the root of the tree, and all nations are filling up the cup of their guilt." - Brigham Young

We don't need anger in politics. We have enough odd that. What we need is wisdom. And that's something seriously lacking at the moment. We need to be fortifying the constitution, not destroying it.
It is said that anger is based on fear. I believe that to be true, for me at least. I am both angry and fearful at how this country has been run down, emasculated and left to be a laughing stock on the international world stage by the likes of Obama and his cohorts including Clinton.

I like how Trump has run his businesses and his ideas on how to run this country. He should be given the same chance as Obama. 4 years is not much to ask and he cannot do a great deal of harm in such a short period but can do great things given the opportunity.
With all respect this is going nowhere, however, I will say I know he is successful as are his enterprises.

What has made them successful? Or are you just repeating what you have heard?

With all respect this is going nowhere, however, I will say I know he is successful as are his enterprises.

Last edited:
What has mademthem successful? Or are you just repeating what you have heard?

Tell ya what, your condescending tone leaves me with little desire to discuss this with you. Get to your point or we should just move on.

I'm not a Trump fan but would vote for him if he wins the nomination. I see his presidency as a needed kick in the ass to the established career politicians. With our finances we certainly do need more business people running things and way less lawyers. But with lives on the line what I see as a prime need is somebody with a deep understanding of history. I'm disappointed that this need is always neglected in these campaigns. The military can tell what can be done but more importantly we need somebody that knows what should be done.

Condescending? Not at all. Trying to understand what you know about his dealings. You made the statement that he has been successful. I am asking, to see what,you might know about them.
I don't see them as successful, when he overleveraged himself, didn't think rules applied to him, etc. What do ,you know that ,is different, from your point of view?
Tell ya what, your condescending tone leaves me with little desire to discuss this with you. Get to your point or we should just move on.

Condescending? Not at all. Trying to understand what you know about his dealings. You made the statement that he has been successful. I am asking, to see what,you might know about them.
I don't see them as successful, when he overleveraged himself, didn't think rules applied to him, etc. What do ,you know that ,is different, from your point of view?
So who's successful?

He is a businessman who took risks; some paid off, some did not. Your statement, "didn't think rules applied to him" is incorrect. He filed chapter 11 on his businesses and restructured in accordance with existing law. He has done nothing that I would consider him not a good candidate. I do not expect him or any person who is President to be perfect. Of course, I am open to your views and fact based assertions which would change my perspective.

Forum List

Back