Anger versus wisdom

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I keep seeing people say how they are angry and so they are voting for trump because he is going to make things happen. And despite the fact that people keep pointing out his lack of support or even knowledge of the constitution, his huge character flaws, his connection with criminals, his stance on issues that we vehemently opposed within the past few years, that we are going to teach Washington how angry we are by electing him. How does that make any sense whatsoever?

When riots occur in the inner city and the mobs loot and destroy property, no right minded person would argue that the mob showing the people it's anger is benefiting the people? How is voting for a "strongman" who will ignore the constitution because we are angry going to help anyone?

It's been reminding me of a quote I've read that I reread by chance this afternoon:

"When the Supreme Ruler of the universe wishes to destroy a nation, he takes away their wisdom in the first place, and they become insensible to their own interests, and they are filled with wrath; they give way to their anger, and thus lay the foundation of their own destruction. To him who seeks to save, he gives wisdom, which enables any people, nation, or individual to lay the foundation for strength, increase, and power. When we look abroad upon the nations, we can see this truth verified; and when we look at home in our own nation, it is no less verified. We see that wisdom is actually departing from the lawgiver, and the knowledge and the discretion the judge possessed years ago have vanished. We discern that the very policy adopted by the nations to fortify them in strength is calculated to sap their foundations. The axe is laid at the root of the tree, and all nations are filling up the cup of their guilt." - Brigham Young

We don't need anger in politics. We have enough of that. What we need is wisdom. And that's something seriously lacking at the moment. We need to be fortifying the constitution, not destroying it.

Last edited:
Before we proceed, are you receiving a pension and have a healthy Stock Portfolio?

I keep seeing people say how they are angry and so they are voting for trump because he is going to make things happen. And despite the fact that people keep pointing out his lack of support or even knowledge of the constitution, his huge character flaws, his connection with criminals, his stance on issues that we vehemently opposed within the past few years, that we are going to teach Washington how angry we are by electing him. How does that make any sense whatsoever?

When riots occur in the inner city and the mobs loot and destroy property, no right minded person would argue that the mob showing the people it's anger is benefiting the people? How is voting for a "strongman" who will ignore the constitution because we are angry going to help anyone?

It's been reminding me of a quote I've read that I reread by chance this afternoon:

"When the Supreme Ruler of the universe wishes to destroy a nation, he takes away their wisdom in the first place, and they become insensible to their own interests, and they are filled with wrath; they give way to their anger, and thus lay the foundation of their own destruction. To him who seeks to save, he gives wisdom, which enables any people, nation, or individual to lay the foundation for strength, increase, and power. When we look abroad upon the nations, we can see this truth verified; and when we look at home in our own nation, it is no less verified. We see that wisdom is actually departing from the lawgiver, and the knowledge and the discretion the judge possessed years ago have vanished. We discern that the very policy adopted by the nations to fortify them in strength is calculated to sap their foundations. The axe is laid at the root of the tree, and all nations are filling up the cup of their guilt." - Brigham Young

We don't need anger in politics. We have enough odd that. What we need is wisdom. And that's something seriously lacking at the moment. We need to be fortifying the constitution, not destroying it.

Actually, we need a great deal MORE "anger" in politics. For far too long we have sat back and watched our "representatives" get cozy with lobbyists, Corporations, and the Rich while ignoring the will of the people. The American people are fed up. It's high time that politicians become "fed up", too.

Avatar is right as usual on these kinds of matter.

I was in his home state last week, talking with friends up at the Capitol and in the offices at Temple Square and Lamb's Cafe.

They are almost all GOP, many far right, and maybe 1 of 7 would consider voting for Trump.

Most of the GOP does not like Trump.

Sometimes it takes a strong emotion like anger to change.

Indeed. The American people have stood by and allowed this nonsense to happen for the last 15-20 years and they are fed up. This election will be a bellwether for the peoples' anger. If things DO NOT change and rapidly - Something bad is going to take place in America.

I was in his home state last week, talking with friends up at the Capitol and in the offices at Temple Square and Lamb's Cafe.

They are almost all GOP, many far right, and maybe 1 of 7 would consider voting for Trump.

My home state is Pennsylvania

Indeed. The American people have stood by and allowed this nonsense to happen for the last 15-20 years and they are fed up. This election will be a bellwether for the peoples' anger. If things DO NOT change and rapidly - Something bad is going to take place in America.
Something bad? You mean like a crazy man named Trump being elected President?

My home state is Pennsylvania
My apologies then. I thought it was Utah, Minnesota is on your profile, and your co-religionists in Utah and Texas generally think Trump is not a good candidate.

I still want to know if Avatar lives off of his Stock Portfolio.

Using emotion to vote is a recipe for evil. Votes must remain rational and rooted in wisedom/truth. Trump is dangerous.
I am writing in Micky mouse this presidential election...

Before we proceed, are you receiving a pension and have a healthy Stock Portfolio?

Obama will be that has lots of money in gun manufacturing!

obamagunsalesmanoftheyearfirearmssalesmanofthecenturysadhillnews1.jpg

Something bad? You mean like a crazy man named Trump being elected President?

To you, perhaps. I'm not a Trump supporter, but in reality, it just might take a jerk like him to turn this mess around.

Something bad is going to happen if you rely on anger instead of wisdom

I completely disagree (respectfully). In 1776 there was anger towards a tyrant that was determined to keep us bowing to him. Sometimes - anger is the motivation of change that allows wisdom to endure.

Forum List

Back