Andrew Breitbart is Dead

Is he famous enough to be #2 in the "famous people die in threes" lottery?

Now that I know who the heck he was and how old he was, I expect he gave MEGA-points on the John & Ken Show Ghoul Pool on KFI.

Oh, and condolences to his family. That should go without saying, but I will say it anyways. Dying young really sucks.

Really?

In the hours following Ted Kennedy's death, Breitbart called him:

"villain"
"duplicitous bastard"
"prick"
"a special pile of human excrement"

I won't mourn this guy's exit.

what a sick thing to do to the family of someone who just lost a loving member.

I notice how you just accept that Breitbart did actually say these things.... if that was a right winger making that claim about the left, you would be demanding proof.

Hypocrite.

I remember it.

how is remembering his cruel treatment of someone elses family being hypocritical?

Wow. :eusa_eh: He was too young to die!

The following statement was posted on Breitbart's website today:

"With a terrible feeling of pain and loss we announce the passing of Andrew Breitbart.

We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior.

Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.

Andrew recently wrote a new conclusion to his book, Righteous Indignation:

I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and—famously—I enjoy making enemies.

Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I believe in. I've lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I've gained hundreds, thousands—who knows?—of allies. At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night.

Andrew is at rest, yet the happy warrior lives on, in each of us."

Andrew Breitbart, Publisher and Author, Dead - ABC News

Happy Warrior? I didn't know he was a Vet. Sad to die so young.

Natural causes??

Yeah, riiiiight....
Let the Teabagger conspiracies....

.....COMMENCE!!!!!

528.gif

negged

A human being died, show some respect.

Really?

"villain"
"duplicitous bastard"
"prick"

Having a hard time working up sympathy for the guy who built a career saying horrible things about people and besmirching what little integrity is left in journalism. I despised his tactics yesterday, not much has changed about my opinion today, not glad he is dead, I wish he had lived to a hundred, just not that tore up about it.

I notice how you just accept that Breitbart did actually say these things.... if that was a right winger making that claim about the left, you would be demanding proof.

Hypocrite.

I remember it.

how is remembering his cruel treatment of someone elses family being hypocritical?

That's not why I called you a hypocrite. I called you a hypocrite for accepting it instead of demanding a source - like you would if it was a right wing claim.

You are a hypocritical hack.... that's not news to anyone.... except you. idiot.

Shame to see Breitbart go

He was at the forefront of Conservative journalism and set a path for future conservative journalists to follow. His concerns for fairness, honesty and integrity in his reporting set the bar on conservative journalism

How passive-aggresive.

Really?

"villain"
"duplicitous bastard"
"prick"

Hypocrite.

She accepted it because I do not lie, asshole. All his remarks have links directly to the source (Twitter), so you can click right to his original comments.

So don't come back with any of that ThinkProgress bullshit, you stupid bitch:

Andrew Breitbart Unleashes A Torrent Of Invective Against Sen. Ted Kennedy’s Legacy On Twitter

By Matt Corley on Aug 26, 2009 at 5:30 pm

Early this morning, news broke that Sen. Ted Kennedy had passed away after serving in the U.S. Senate for nearly 50 years. Soon after, conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart began a sustained assault on Kennedy’s memory, tweeting “Rest in Chappaquiddick

Over the course of the next three hours, Breitbart unapologetically attacked Kennedy, calling him a “villain,” “a big ass motherf@#$er,” a “duplicitous bastard” and a “prick.” “I’ll shut my mouth for Carter. That’s just politics. Kennedy was a special pile of human excrement,” wrote Breitbart in one tweet.

When Politico’s Michael Calderone highlighted Breitbart’s attacks in an article called, “Not all Kennedy critics hold fire,” a pleased Breitbart tweeted:
When a fellow conservative tweeted to Breitbart asking him not to treat Kennedy like they believe some on the left treated the passing of Tony Snow and Ronald Reagan, Breitbart responded “How dare you compare Snow & Reagan to Kennedy! Why do you grant a BULLY special status upon his death? This isnt lib v con.” Despite his claim that his attacks weren’t about “lib v. con,” Breitbart repeatedly justified them in ideological terms.

“Look, this man was granted absolution for nothing. Class, life station played a part but PARTY was everything. GOP couldnt get away with it,” complained Breitbart in one tweet. “IF a GOP possesses 1/100 of human failings of T. Kennedy he/she is TOAST,” he claimed in another. “In this moment I cant but recognize absolute backwardness of media & society. Bush=EVIL. Ted Kennedy=SAINT. Im gonna keep fighin’, folks,” Breitbart said in another tweet.

Wow. :eusa_eh: He was too young to die!

The following statement was posted on Breitbart's website today:

"With a terrible feeling of pain and loss we announce the passing of Andrew Breitbart.

We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior.

Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.

Andrew recently wrote a new conclusion to his book, Righteous Indignation:

I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and—famously—I enjoy making enemies.

Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I believe in. I've lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I've gained hundreds, thousands—who knows?—of allies. At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night.

Andrew is at rest, yet the happy warrior lives on, in each of us."

Andrew Breitbart, Publisher and Author, Dead - ABC News

Sounds like a pretty full life in a relatively short time. Looks like he considers his detractors as testaments to his passion. Sort of a good perspective.

negged

A human being died, show some respect.

Really?

"villain"
"duplicitous bastard"
"prick"

Fair enough.

sadly all those statements are absolute facts, but one is missing;

murderer

for all that Breitbart did, he never left anyone to die alone.
I've always realized that you're an asshole. I'm glad when you show it to everyone.

Forum List

Back