And you wonder why Americans are fat.

Rangel had it. Deep fried twinkies wrapped in bacon;

deepfried+twinkie.jpg

picw41Odv.jpg

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers Recipe - Food.com - 152465

Losing weight and getting into shape is very simple (not easy): eat healthy AND exercise. It's surprising how little Americans know about simple basics: such as the difference between good carbs and bad carbs-so many people write all carbs off as bad, and they should be avoided at all costs. It just takes tons of dedicated-I used to obese and lost about 80 lbs (and gained quite a bit muscle mass), just by burning off more calories then I take in, and taking a multi-vitamin every day.

Losing weight and getting into shape is very simple (not easy): eat healthy AND exercise. It's surprising how little Americans know about simple basics: such as the difference between good carbs and bad carbs-so many people write all carbs off as bad, and they should be avoided at all costs. It just takes tons of dedicated-I used to obese and lost about 80 lbs (and gained quite a bit muscle mass), just by burning off more calories then I take in, and taking a multi-vitamin every day.

You obviously know nothing about low carb diets

Everyone is looking for the magic "thing" to do that will magically result in weight loss. There isn't any. You can try diets until the end of time. None of them really work and when they do work it's not for long. Eat less, exercise more and change your muscle to fat ratio. Without changing that muscle to fat ratio, once you stop severe dieting you will simply gain it all back.

It is not easy. It is downright hard and requires intense concentration. Sweet/Fat withdrawal is painful like any other drug withdrawal. It is tolerable only if you understand that once you go through that withdawal you no longer want those things. They won't taste good anymore. What you used to love will be cloyingly sweet or greasy. UGH.

Everyone is looking for the magic "thing" to do that will magically result in weight loss. There isn't any. You can try diets until the end of time. None of them really work and when they do work it's not for long. Eat less, exercise more and change your muscle to fat ratio. Without changing that muscle to fat ratio, once you stop severe dieting you will simply gain it all back.

It is not easy. It is downright hard and requires intense concentration. Sweet/Fat withdrawal is painful like any other drug withdrawal. It is tolerable only if you understand that once you go through that withdawal you no longer want those things. They won't taste good anymore. What you used to love will be cloyingly sweet or greasy. UGH.

Assuming the term diet is referring specifically for weight loss is a mistake.

I am not trying to lose weight and yet I adopted a low carb diet as a way of eating because after some blood work recommended by a friend of mine I found my fasting insulin levels were rather high and my cholesterol ratio was not where it should be. I was having some problems with inflammation in my joints as well

All of these things can be linked directly to high insulin levels. A low carb eating strategy solves the problem of hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance by resetting the body's insulin receptors and making them more sensitive.

I exercise 3 days out of the week now but I'm not ready to give up on eating the things I like likes Churchs Chicken and drinking beer.:(

I exercise 3 days out of the week now but I'm not ready to give up on eating the things I like likes Churchs Chicken and drinking beer.:(

And as long as you're not a fat load like Skullfuck there you don't have to. Most things in moderation work out alright.

I drink less beer than I used to but I found a good scotch or bourbon on the rocks works as well as beer and doesn't have the high carb count that beer does.

I drink less beer than I used to but I found a good scotch or bourbon on the rocks works as well as beer and doesn't have the high carb count that beer does.

Very true, wine has less carbs too I think.

Americans look like heifers and sows because they eat like heifers and sows. Many Americans are so psychologically screwed up and so far-removed from reality that satiating their base urges is about the best thing they can come up with to do.

I know that the overwhelming majority of low-carb diets don't work. Diets in general don't work-because when people get off of them-they resort to the way they were before. You have to change your lifestyle-not just temporarily change what you eat.

As I said there is such things as "good carbs". Carbs are a form of energy and like protein are only 4 cals per g (fat is 9)-hence why to lose weight stay away from calories from fat. Your body doesn't want to burn off energy from protein/muscle right away-it would rather burn off your glycogen first, then your fat reserves. There's no way to "train your body to burn off protein" (which even if you could is stupid for weight loss-because you'd be burning off your muscle mass-and not fat reserves).

Fiber for example is a carb. It regulates blood sugar levels (HDL and LDL), helps your digestive system, and for weight loss leaves you feeling satisfied/full. Simple carbs should be avoided-but complex carbs are good for you.

There's a reason why professional athletes have diets high in carbs (whole wheat pasta for example)-because it's a good source of energy.

I know that the overwhelming majority of low-carb diets don't work. Diets in general don't work-because when people get off of them-they resort to the way they were before. You have to change your lifestyle-not just temporarily change what you eat.

As I said there is such things as "good carbs". Carbs are a form of energy and like protein are only 4 cals per g (fat is 9)-hence why to lose weight stay away from calories from fat. Your body doesn't want to burn off energy from protein/muscle right away-it would rather burn off your glycogen first, then your fat reserves. There's no way to "train your body to burn off protein" (which even if you could is stupid for weight loss-because you'd be burning off your muscle mass-and not fat reserves).

Fiber for example is a carb. It regulates blood sugar levels (HDL and LDL), helps your digestive system, and for weight loss leaves you feeling satisfied/full. Simple carbs should be avoided-but complex carbs are good for you.

There's a reason why professional athletes have diets high in carbs (whole wheat pasta for example)-because it's a good source of energy.

Fat is a better source of energy than sugar. And I don't eat a low carb diet for weight loss but a low carb diet is certainly an excellent and healthy way to lose weight.

Fiber is an unusable form of a carbohydrate which is why when counting carbs one deducts the fiber from the gross carb count. So a person on a low carb diet does eat and in fact should eat foods that are high in fiber as it reduces the actual carb count.

Insulin especially excess insulin has more of an effect on cholesterol than fiber.

You have fallen for every lie in the book when it comes to a low carb diet

As I said you don't know what you're talking about.

I disagree with this. Fat helps satiate your hunger and helps to keep you fuller, longer and some fats (evoo) are good for you. The 'low-fat' alternatives are usually loaded with sugar or some sugar-like substitute to compensate for the lack of fat. And they frequently taste like crap. Look at the calorie count and the 'low-fat' stuff often isn't 'low calorie'. A little of the real thing is much better and better for you than a lot of the fake thing. Just my 2 cents.

Fat is a better source of energy than sugar. And I don't eat a low carb diet for weight loss but a low carb diet is certainly an excellent and healthy way to lose weight.

Fiber is an unusable form of a carbohydrate which is why when counting carbs one deducts the fiber from the gross carb count. So a person on a low carb diet does eat and in fact should eat foods that are high in fiber as it reduces the actual carb count.

Insulin especially excess insulin has more of an effect on cholesterol than fiber.

So now you're saying that fiber (which is a carb) shouldn't count as a carb in a diet because it's good for you? Pretty sure I clearly said there is such thing as a "good carb" and a "bad carb".

Fruit and Vegetables are carbs-are you going to honestly say that fruit and vegetables are bad for you? :lol:

And fat isn't a better source of energy than complex carbs. You need to consume twice as much fat to get the same amount of energy. Eat a meal from Mcdonalds which is loaded in fat and go to the gym. Then the next day eat pasta as a meal and go to the gym. I guarantee you'll be much more productive and have more energy after eating the pasta, than eating the Mcdonalds.

I disagree with this. Fat helps satiate your hunger and helps to keep you fuller, longer and some fats (evoo) are good for you. The 'low-fat' alternatives are usually loaded with sugar or some sugar-like substitute to compensate for the lack of fat. And they frequently taste like crap. Look at the calorie count and the 'low-fat' stuff often isn't 'low calorie'. A little of the real thing is much better and better for you than a lot of the fake thing. Just my 2 cents.

I didn't mean to suggest go lower calories on everything, but lower calories from fat (there's a difference). Low calories and low fat isn't the same thing. Of course you can't completely eliminate fat intake (and you shouldn't)-but if somebody's overweight-your body already has an excessive amount of fat stored in the body. And by consume less fat I meant eating other types of foods entirely not the "lower fat" substitutes (which I agree are just as bad-if not worse).

Last edited:

So now you're saying that fiber (which is a carb) shouldn't count as a carb in a diet because it's good for you? Pretty sure I clearly said there is such thing as a "good carb" and a "bad carb".

No I said fiber is unusable by the body and id not counted as a carb. It's you who can't seem to understand that.

Fruit and Vegetables are carbs-are you going to honestly say that fruit and vegetables are bad for you? :lol:

Where did I ever say carbs are bad for you? Please find that quote. the term is low carb diet not no carb diet

And fat isn't a better source of energy than complex carbs. You need to consume twice as much fat to get the same amount of energy. Eat a meal from Mcdonalds which is loaded in fat and go to the gym. Then the next day eat pasta as a meal and go to the gym. I guarantee you'll be much more productive and have more energy after eating the pasta, than eating the Mcdonalds.

No one who is serious wold even consider eating the shit they serve at McDungswill's
You seem not to realize that fast food is extremely carb heavy.

The liver will convert the protein of a high protein low cab diet to glucose but the liver needs fuel to do this and fat is that fuel. So you see you're not getting the energy from fat but from protein that is broken down by the liver.

Fat does not spike insulin levels as sugar does and we know that insulin is a major role player in heart disease and high cholesterol and blood pressure.

I didn't mean to suggest go lower calories on everything, but lower calories from fat (there's a difference). Low calories and low fat isn't the same thing. Of course you can't completely eliminate fat intake (and you shouldn't)-but if somebody's overweight-your body already has an excessive amount of fat stored in the body. And by consume less fat I meant eating other types of foods entirely not the "lower fat" substitutes (which I agree are just as bad-if not worse).

Eating fat does not make you fat. Eating eggs and meat does not raise serum cholesterol

My god the food pyramid has you brain washed doesn't it?

Last edited:
the reason for obesity and heart disease is the Standard American Diet: too much meat, dairy, and eggs. But, we love to torture animals in factory farms and vehemently defend it so we will not give it up.

Go Vegan, for your health, animal welfare, and the environment. The reason for so much cancer, diabetes, and cancer, is the standard American Diet, which includes far too many animals products. Check out the China study and the documentary Forks Over Knives. Yeah, yeah, I know... stupid vegan and his vegan propaganda.

Calories in minus Calories out.

Factory Farming has to go, for your health, the environment, and the animals:

Farm to Fridge - The Truth Behind Meat Production - YouTube

FOR THE ANIMALS!

Oh, brother, lol...

Forum List

Back