And you wonder why Americans are fat.

Calculate the calories your body needs depending on the physical activity your body has to accomplish, and don't eat more than this.
Recalculate this from time to time. It's really no science.
Food-pyramids come after that principle.

If you can't look at yourself naked in-front of a mirror, you'd be normally dead in the old times as the extra-weight curtails your physical ability to keep you alive. Only modern society keeps you alive.

i consider all these diets fads......esp when someone stands to profit off them....

but diets are important....all you have to do is look at native americans or first nations or what ever the fuck they are calling themselves now....to see that.....

once the indians changed their diets from basic meats and grains...they destroyed themselves....

and once women stopped breast feeding...they really did a disservice to their children....food allergies are worse....ear infections etc

Who is profiting from people eating less grains and dairy?

I have bought nothing from anyone as far as my diet goes except food?

Tell me who profits from the government food pyramid? The big agricultural and dairy companies that's who. It's not bad enough that they get our tax money as subsidies but they also have the government acting as a marketing arm.

and the latest diet fad seems to be the 'caveman' diet

Why is it a fad?

Tell me what is extreme about eating meat, fruit, nuts and vegetables and not eating highly processed grains, sugars and dairy products?

1. Cavemen didn't live very long.
2. It doesn't take into account that humans have evolved.
3. It doesn't take into account that cavemen did eat refined cereals.

These same old arguments.

Paleolithic men were more likely to die of accident, injury and infection than people today because their lifestyles were inherently dangerous and there were no medical miracles like antibiotics which we take for granted.

And How much do you think we have evolved physically over the last ten centuries since grains and starches became the largest part of our diets compared to the millions of years before that time.

If you think the wild grains and rices that made up a relatively small part of the hunter gatherer diet were anything like the genetically modified crap that we get now then you're in for a surprise.

food-variety-tree-754.gif

In just the last hundred years our food supply has been corrupted and is less diverse and less nutritious. Over 90% of the wheat grown today is comprised of just 6 varieties that have been genetically corrupted compared to the hundreds of natural varieties that used to be grown

Last edited:
Why is it a fad?

Tell me what is extreme about eating meat, fruit, nuts and vegetables and not eating highly processed grains, sugars and dairy products?

Paleolithic men were more likely to die of accident, injury and infection than people today because their lifestyles were inherently dangerous and there were no medical miracles like antibiotics which we take for granted.

And How much do you think we have evolved physically over the last ten centuries since grains and starches became the largest part of our diets compared to the millions of years before that time.

If you think the wild grains and rices that made up a relatively small part of the hunter gatherer diet were anything like the genetically modified crap that we get now then you're in for a surprise.

In just the last hundred years our food supply has been corrupted and is less diverse and less nutritious. Over 90% of the wheat grown today is comprised of just 6 varieties that have been genetically corrupted compared to the hundreds of natural varieties that used to be grown

LOL! And you think the stuff you eat isn't???

Where did I say that?

I do however grow nothing but heirloom vegetables in my garden from seeds that have been traced back at least a hundred years.

I do the best I can considering the state of our corrupt food supply.

I'm the first to admit that I am a food snob. I would rather cook myself than eat out because I at least know the stuff I use is the best I can possibly get as far as both freshness and nutrition are concerned.

Last edited:

Where did I say that?

I do however grow nothing but heirloom vegetables in my garden from seeds that have been traced back at least a hundred years.

Nothing wrong with that. And nothing wrong with choosing the caveman diet....I just happen to think it's nonsense.

Where did I say that?

Nothing wrong with that. And nothing wrong with choosing the caveman diet....I just happen to think it's nonsense.

I have done the research and not swallowed the food pyramid shit figuratively or literally.

I know a high protein moderate fat and low carb diet works for me metabolically and I know why it does. There is no nonsense to it.

I have tried many diet strategies in my life. (Not all the kind meant for weight loss)

I've done everything from raw foods only, vegetarianism, high carb low fat etc.

I always found that I felt something was missing, especially on the government recommended food pyramid.

Now the USDA food pyramid recommends 15% protein, 25% fats and 60% carbohydrates .

I came across anther food pyramid that illustrates why people who follow the USDA pyramid are getting fatter and fatter.

The feed lot pyramid is used as a guideline to fatten up livestock for slaughter.

It looks like this: 14% protein, 25% fats, 61% carbohydrates.

Is it any wonder Americans look like heifers and sows?

Americans are fat because they consume more fat and calories than they expend. When complications from obesity begin happening, medical services are often free. Not much incentive for people to watch their diets.

I have tried many diet strategies in my life. (Not all the kind meant for weight loss)

I've done everything from raw foods only, vegetarianism, high carb low fat etc.

I always found that I felt something was missing, especially on the government recommended food pyramid.

Now the USDA food pyramid recommends 15% protein, 25% fats and 60% carbohydrates .

I came across anther food pyramid that illustrates why people who follow the USDA pyramid are getting fatter and fatter.

The feed lot pyramid is used as a guideline to fatten up livestock for slaughter.

It looks like this: 14% protein, 25% fats, 61% carbohydrates.

Is it any wonder Americans look like heifers and sows?

Americans are fat because they consume more fat and calories than they expend. When complications from obesity begin happening, medical services are often free. Not much incentive for people to watch their diets.

Eating fat does not make you fat.

Just another myth perpetrated by the low protein high carb crowd.

Eskimos lived on a high fat high protein diet for thousands of years and had low body fat and no heart disease. The human body is better suited for burning fat for energy than it is sugar (carbs)

High insulin levels promoted by a high carb low protein low fat diet is a root cause of heart disease.

How Insulin Causes Heart Disease

So managing insulin levels is a good way to prevent heart disease.

Go Vegan, for your health, animal welfare, and the environment. The reason for so much cancer, diabetes, and cancer, is the standard American Diet, which includes far too many animals products. Check out the China study and the documentary Forks Over Knives. Yeah, yeah, I know... stupid vegan and his vegan propaganda.

Calories in minus Calories out.

Factory Farming has to go, for your health, the environment, and the animals:

Farm to Fridge - The Truth Behind Meat Production - YouTube

We evolved to be omnivores.

Our brains are what they are today because we ate meat, specifically cooked meat.

And not all meat comes from the commercial industry.

I buy my beef from a local farm not 50 miles from me. A couple friends and I buy a whole cow every year and freeze the beef. I buy eggs from a friend of mine who keeps chickens. I buy pastured poultry and heritage turkeys from a farm in RI and game meat from friends of mine who hunt.

You're not going to guilt me into that whole cruel and bad for the environment crap.

Besides that I have tried the vegetarian diet and found it to be lacking in B vitamins and quite frankly left me with little energy. I have found that I have a sensitivity to insulin. When I eat a high carb diet my body produced way too much insulin and as a result I gain weight and my blood chemistry goes wacko.

I am glad to hear you do not buy factory farm meat, but I sincerely hope this goes for all of your animal products, because factory farms that produce meat, dairy, and eggs amount to a holocaust-like scenario (concentration camps). I am not trying to guilt anybody into anything, just show people the reality of factory farming, because I believe it is likely against the values of most people, and if they only knew, would not want to support it. Therefore, it is only a matter of getting to them to see the truth behind it.

By the way, meat did not make us smart. This is known as the Expensive Tissue Hypothesis proposed by Aiello and Wheeler in 1995 which says that there had to have been a trade-off between the enlarging brain and the digestive tract, and as such, we needed more nutrient dense food: meat. Unfortunately for this hypothesis, it has been retested using the same data and shown to be untrue. The reality, is that among mammals there is a negative correlation between brain and adipose tissue deposits (fat), because for quadrupeds, it takes a lot of energy to lug around fat. According to Keiblers Law, any given mammal with a certain mass only has a certain metabolism it can handle. If it is spending a lot of energy on inefficient locomotion to move around, it can't grow a larger brain. However, humans are an exception to this rule, because we evolved to become bipedal, which is far more energy efficient, which freed up energy for encephalization. Any increase in fat tissue for us, did not meat nearly as much calorie expenditure to move around that fat as it did for a quadruped. Here's an article that explains it:

PaleoVeganology: It's Curtains For The Expensive Tissue Hypothesis

"Navarrete's, et. al.'s, main findings (further details below) are:

-There is no negative correlation between brain size and gut size in any mammalian taxa, refuting the ETH's prediction to the contrary;

-There is, however, a strong negative correlation between brain size and adipose tissue deposits; that is, fatter animals have smaller brains than lean ones; and,

-Humans are seeming exceptions to this rule because our fat deposits don't interfere adversely with our means of locomotion, thus freeing up energy for encephalization that other primates have to use for carrying around all that fat."

Here's a link to a summary of the actual study in case you doubt the credibility of this vegan blog: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v480/n7375/full/nature10629.html

"The human brain stands out among mammals by being unusually large. The expensive-tissue hypothesis1 explains its evolution by proposing a trade-off between the size of the brain and that of the digestive tract, which is smaller than expected for a primate of our body size. Although this hypothesis is widely accepted, empirical support so far has been equivocal. Here we test it in a sample of 100 mammalian species, including 23 primates, by analysing brain size and organ mass data. We found that, controlling for fat-free body mass, brain size is not negatively correlated with the mass of the digestive tract or any other expensive organ, thus refuting the expensive-tissue hypothesis. Nonetheless, consistent with the existence of energy trade-offs with brain size, we find that the size of brains and adipose depots are negatively correlated in mammals, indicating that encephalization and fat storage are compensatory strategies to buffer against starvation. However, these two strategies can be combined if fat storage does not unduly hamper locomotor efficiency. We propose that human encephalization was made possible by a combination of stabilization of energy inputs and a redirection of energy from locomotion, growth and reproduction." (Navarette, Shaik, Isler)

Last edited:
I have tried many diet strategies in my life.

It's not rocket science, Tubbo. Eat less and exercise more. And stop laying around in bed with your boyfriend all day.
Stop chugging cock kunt hair and try to keep up with me

When one is trying to maximize athletic performance diet is indeed a science but since you don't do anything but sit on your gargantuan ass and watch sports on the idiot box you wouldn't know that would you?

Last edited:
New England Journal of Medicine

In this 2-year dietary-intervention study, we found that the Mediterranean and low-carbohydrate diets are effective alternatives to the low-fat diet for weight loss and appear to be just as safe as the low-fat diet. In addition to producing weight loss in this moderately obese group of participants, the low-carbohydrate and Mediterranean diets had some beneficial metabolic effects, a result suggesting that these dietary strategies might be considered in clinical practice and that diets might be individualized according to personal preferences and metabolic needs. The similar caloric deficit achieved in all diet groups suggests that a low-carbohydrate, non–restricted-calorie diet may be optimal for those who will not follow a restricted-calorie dietary regimen. The increasing improvement in levels of some biomarkers over time up to the 24-month point, despite the achievement of maximum weight loss by 6 months, suggests that a diet with a healthful composition has benefits beyond weight reduction.

So according to the NEJM a low carb diet has beneficial metabolic effects. Still a fad? Still nonsense?

I don't think so.

Last edited:
Move more, eat less.
Shop and eat from the perimeter of the grocery store.
Carbs (fruits/veggies) won't make you fat, processed carbs and junk will.
Make half your plate veggies/fruit, the remaining half divide between protein and grains/starches.
Walk as much as possible. Rescue a dog, or better yet two, from the spca and you will walk more.
For losing weight exercise is important but ultimately it's how much you eat that will determine the scale going down or not.
Make exercise a part of your life in the same way you do with brushing your teeth or taking a shower.
No food is off limits . . . . moderation is key.

I have tried many diet strategies in my life.

It's not rocket science, Tubbo. Eat less and exercise more. And stop laying around in bed with your boyfriend all day.
Stop chugging cock kunt hair and try to keep up with me

When one is trying to maximize athletic performance diet is indeed a science but since you don't do anything but sit on your gargantuan ass and watch sports on the idiot box you wouldn't know that would you?

Too late to cover your fat ass now, Tubbo. You need to take care of the whole 'being a fatass' thing before you worry about maximizing athletic performance :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back