And you wonder why Americans are fat.

Go Vegan, for your health, animal welfare, and the environment. The reason for so much cancer, diabetes, and cancer, is the standard American Diet, which includes far too many animals products. Check out the China study and the documentary Forks Over Knives. Yeah, yeah, I know... stupid vegan and his vegan propaganda.

Calories in minus Calories out.

Factory Farming has to go, for your health, the environment, and the animals:

Farm to Fridge - The Truth Behind Meat Production - YouTube

We evolved to be omnivores.

Our brains are what they are today because we ate meat, specifically cooked meat.

And not all meat comes from the commercial industry.

I buy my beef from a local farm not 50 miles from me. A couple friends and I buy a whole cow every year and freeze the beef. I buy eggs from a friend of mine who keeps chickens. I buy pastured poultry and heritage turkeys from a farm in RI and game meat from friends of mine who hunt.

You're not going to guilt me into that whole cruel and bad for the environment crap.

Besides that I have tried the vegetarian diet and found it to be lacking in B vitamins and quite frankly left me with little energy. I have found that I have a sensitivity to insulin. When I eat a high carb diet my body produced way too much insulin and as a result I gain weight and my blood chemistry goes wacko.

have you visited these 'local' farms? i am always amused at people who think they need to re invent the wheel with diets.....exercise more than you eat....seems rather simple to me....

game meat from hunters......i would worry that they are selling you the animals that they had to run down...will have an off taste....who butchers the game?

Yes I have been to the farms because I have to pick up the meat. And really I'm not reinventing anything. My diet is basically what people have eaten for millions of years.

It's the idiots today that say humans should eat a grain based diet that are screwing things up.

And I have been exercising almost daily since I was in High School. Because of that I know my body better than most people and I can tell what diets have worked best because I see how they affect my performance.

I have no complaints about the taste of the venison and game fowl I buy from friends so you can wonder about the taste all you want. It's just delicious.

I have tried many diet strategies in my life. (Not all the kind meant for weight loss)

I've done everything from raw foods only, vegetarianism, high carb low fat etc.

I always found that I felt something was missing, especially on the government recommended food pyramid.

Now the USDA food pyramid recommends 15% protein, 25% fats and 60% carbohydrates .

I came across anther food pyramid that illustrates why people who follow the USDA pyramid are getting fatter and fatter.

The feed lot pyramid is used as a guideline to fatten up livestock for slaughter.

It looks like this: 14% protein, 25% fats, 61% carbohydrates.

Is it any wonder Americans look like heifers and sows?

The root of American obesity is inactivity. Diet plays a role, but the main problem is inactivity.

The slimmest I've been since high school was during a period where I was consuming 5000+ calories per day. I was on the Appalachian trail hiking up 20 miles a day with a 50 lb backpack through rugged terrain.

Now granted most normal Americans don't have all day to burn calories - but if you just look at New York City you see what happens if people just get in an average of 4 miles a day walking. This is barely over an hour a day of walking. Might seem like a lot to folks but many people have commutes by car that are about 30 minutes one way - if we could all just walk to work, like we had been doing for most all of history until recently, obesity would disappear as a major health issue.

Diet and exercise are inseparable.

If you exercise and eat like shit you won't be healthy.

there is a diet for blood types have you looked into that?

a friend swears by it and has tested everyone's blood type.....its an interesting theory .....says only type a...can be real vegans....

I have tried many diet strategies in my life. (Not all the kind meant for weight loss)

I've done everything from raw foods only, vegetarianism, high carb low fat etc.

I always found that I felt something was missing, especially on the government recommended food pyramid.

Now the USDA food pyramid recommends 15% protein, 25% fats and 60% carbohydrates .

I came across anther food pyramid that illustrates why people who follow the USDA pyramid are getting fatter and fatter.

The feed lot pyramid is used as a guideline to fatten up livestock for slaughter.

It looks like this: 14% protein, 25% fats, 61% carbohydrates.

Is it any wonder Americans look like heifers and sows?

The root of American obesity is inactivity. Diet plays a role, but the main problem is inactivity.

The slimmest I've been since high school was during a period where I was consuming 5000+ calories per day. I was on the Appalachian trail hiking up 20 miles a day with a 50 lb backpack through rugged terrain.

Now granted most normal Americans don't have all day to burn calories - but if you just look at New York City you see what happens if people just get in an average of 4 miles a day walking. This is barely over an hour a day of walking. Might seem like a lot to folks but many people have commutes by car that are about 30 minutes one way - if we could all just walk to work, like we had been doing for most all of history until recently, obesity would disappear as a major health issue.

A 30 minute commute at 30 miles and hour a 15 mile commute. Are you really suggesting that people walk for 5 hours just to get to work?

anytime, i have gone on a high protein/low carb diet, I have lost 6 lbs, the first week...

High protein does make you lose weight....even with all the fat calories that are in meat as well.....when you go on a diet of high proteins, you just lose weight....

I HAVE NO IDEA why this is the case???? but this is what happens with my body...

Last edited:
and might i add...to be all that and a bag of chips....

you seem to be one miserable human being.....

you think little of the people around you......it does seem....you seem to have a low opinion of everyone but yourself...why is that

there is a diet for blood types have you looked into that?

a friend swears by it and has tested everyone's blood type.....its an interesting theory .....says only type a...can be real vegans....

I didn't know anything about insulin sensitivity until a few years ago.

Insulin is bad mojo if your body produces too much of it. So I control it the only way possible, by limiting carbs. As a result I have basically retrained my body to burn fat for energy rather than carbs (sugar)

anytime, i have gone on a high protein/low carb diet, I have lost 6 lbs, the first week...

High protein does make you lose weight....even with all the fat calories that are in meat as well.....when you go on a diet of high proteins, you just lose weight....

I HAVE NO IDEA why this is the case???? but this is what happens with my body...

It's quite simple.

A high protein (HP) diet changes the balance of insulin and glucagon in the blood.

Your blood sugar is lower as a result of HP and lower blood sugar.

This basically tricks your body into thinking it's hungry even though you're eating quite sufficient amounts of food so the fat burning kicks in via the raised glucagon levels. Your body then burns fat.

Most Americans are fat because they eat too much and exercise too little.

If that is the cause of one's excess weight, I suspect that changing what you eat is probably not going to help much.

Of course there are people who have allergies to wheat and so forth, but frankly I doubt those conditions are the problem for the 40% or so of Americans who are overweight.

Of course the other villian for many Americans is SODA. The annual per capita soda consumption in the USA is 150 Quarts! That's about 450 empty calories per quart.

My local grocery store has an aisle about 100 ft long devoted to SODA on one side of it and junks food (chips and whatnot) on the other side.

I refer to this aisle as the AISLE OF DEATH.

There is NOTHING in that aisle that the body needs. It is ALL junk.

Now if you eat a recommended diet (three meals a day) you're probably already overeating.

Throw in a couple sodas and snacks on top of that daily routine and you're simply eating TOO DAMNED MUCH.

i consider all these diets fads......esp when someone stands to profit off them....

but diets are important....all you have to do is look at native americans or first nations or what ever the fuck they are calling themselves now....to see that.....

once the indians changed their diets from basic meats and grains...they destroyed themselves....

and once women stopped breast feeding...they really did a disservice to their children....food allergies are worse....ear infections etc

and the latest diet fad seems to be the 'caveman' diet

Why is it a fad?

Tell me what is extreme about eating meat, fruit, nuts and vegetables and not eating highly processed grains, sugars and dairy products?

1. Cavemen didn't live very long.
2. It doesn't take into account that humans have evolved.
3. It doesn't take into account that cavemen did eat refined cereals.

if i were in charge...the first thing i would do....outlaw formulas and baby food...simple as that....

start infants off healthy and its easier for them to stay healthy

I don't know too many people are following and eating the Govt food pyramid. Maybe people are fat cuz they eat too much crap and dont' exercise enough. It isn't that hard to figure out.

I lived in Germany for a couple of years. What they buy in the grocery store has more food value than what available here. I look at the products that are on our shelves and very little of it has solid food value. What does have wholesome food value you have to pay extra for. Look at what they're selling. Is there any wonder why we're fat?

Add to it the fact that most people don't walk anywhere. Asking them to walk a mile or even 5 miles is just too much to ask. Germany started Volksmarching back in the 60s because Germans were getting overweight which leads to health problems. If Michelle wants to improve everyone's health she needs to start up Volksmarching here in America, not try to outlaw fatty foods or drive up the price. Just about everyone in Germany walks on the weekends, ether through their parks or in locally sponsored events. Sidewalks are essential. Look at how many roads have no sidewalks. You're taking your life in your hands when you go for a walk.

Then there's the constant food supply open for shopping 24/7. Stores used to close by 8pm during the week and weren't even open on Sunday. In Germany the stores close by 2pm on Saturday if they were open at all on weekends. They have tiny refrigerators, so you have to go to the store just about every day. They don't put sugar in everything. I used to like Italian dressing but now they put sugar or corn syrup in it. They try to put sugar in everything it seems. We wouldn't have to take supplements if our food had the nutrition it used to. Kids that lived on farms were always big strapping corn-fed mofos and they never took supplements. I didn't really start growing till I went in into the military, where they offer good food, lots of exercise, and very little junk food.

Last edited:
and they can use wet nurses.......remember them?

most women given the time and education can successfully breast feed.....but our society makes it difficult to do so.....

Forum List

Back