And you want to know why I support Israel?

Whilst on the subject, want to show me the "historical evidence", I mean REAL evidence, that god gave the land to the Jews.

Actually, God in this instance didn't give anything to the Jews. They were residents on that parcel of land centuries before the the Palestinians came along. The Hebrews/Jews/Israelites took in the land during the early 2nd millennium BC. The kingdom of Israel itself was established in 11th Century BCE.

The earliest mention of that specific region of the Levant was in 1150 BCE, a clear 850 years after the original inhabitants took root. It wasn't until around 500 BCE that Herodotus even mentioned Palestine and described as a 'province in Syria.'

WTF?!?!

Are you serious?!?!

You need to be careful what you say here.... You are going to upset a LOT of Zionists!!!

Genesis 15:18

“On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, To your offspring I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Euphrates,"

You are a joke and a horrible propagandist, inhumanity.

Zion, in the Old Testament, the easternmost of the two hills of ancient Jerusalem. It was the site of the Jebusite city captured by David, king of Israel and Judah, in the 10th century bc (2Samuel 5:6–9) and established by him as his royal capital. Some scholars believe that the name also belonged to the “stronghold of Zion” taken by David (2 Samuel 5:7), which may have been the fortress of the city. The Jewish historian Josephus, in the 1st century ad, identified Zion with the western hill of Jerusalem, where most of the city lay in his day. This incorrect identification of the site was retained until the late 19th or early 20th century, when the site of Zion was identified as the eastern hill (modern Ophel). The site was not included in the walls of Jerusalem’s 16th-century fortifications.

The etymology and meaning of the name are obscure. It appears to be a pre-Israelite Canaanite name of the hill upon which Jerusalem was built; the name “mountain of Zion” is common. In biblical usage, however, “Mount Zion” often means the city rather than the hill itself. Zion appears in the Old Testament 152 times as a title of Jerusalem; over half of these occurrences appear in two books, the Book of Isaiah (46 times) and that of Psalms (38 times). It appears seven times in the New Testament and five times in quotations from the Old Testament.

In the Old Testament, Zion is overwhelmingly a poetic and prophetic designation and is infrequently used in ordinary prose. It usually has emotional and religious overtones, but it is not clear why the name Zion rather than the name Jerusalem should carry these overtones. The religious and emotional qualities of the name arise from the importance of Jerusalem as the royal city and the city of the Temple. Mount Zion is the place where Yahweh, the God of Israel, dwells (Isaiah 8:18; Psalm 74:2), the place where he is king (Isaiah 24:23) and where he has installed his king, David (Psalm 2:6). It is thus the seat of the action of Yahweh in history.

In the Old Testament the city of Jerusalem is personified as a woman and addressed or spoken of as “the daughter of Zion,” always in a context charged with feeling aroused by either of two ideas that stand in opposition to each other: the destruction of Jerusalem or its deliverance. After Jerusalem was destroyed by the Babylonians in 586 bc, the Israelites could not forget Zion (Psalm 137), and, in the prophecy after the Babylonian Exile of the Jews, Zion is the scene of Yahweh’s messianic salvation. It is to Zion that the exiles will be restored (Jeremiah 3:14), and there they will find Yahweh (Jeremiah 31). Bearing all these connotations, Zion came to mean the Jewish homeland, symbolic of Judaism or Jewish national aspirations (whence the name Zionism for the 19th–20th-century movement to establish a Jewish national centre or state in Palestine).

Israeli museums are littered with artifacts like this pricing the existence of an ancient Israel. Too bad Arabs can't show us even ONE.

ShowImage.ashx

Dead Sea Scrolls

dead-sea-scrolls-online-archive.jpg

bible-land-museum_wa.jpg

member.Skir_Cinti_sm.jpg

1-1-e1378717212371.jpg

Last edited:
There are many Roman artifacts in Britain, could I, being of Italian heritage claim some land in London?

i think the palestinians displaced in 1948 would disagree with that assessment.

Jews were expelled from their homeland in 70 AD. I'm sure they would have something to say about that.

And hundreds of thousands of Jews were expelled from their homelands, towns, and villages in 1948; East Jerusalem, Hebron, Jericho, Iraq, Syria, Iran, etc., etc., etc.

Whilst on the subject, want to show me the "historical evidence", I mean REAL evidence, that god gave the land to the Jews.

Actually, God in this instance didn't give anything to the Jews. They were residents on that parcel of land centuries before the the Palestinians came along. The Hebrews/Jews/Israelites took in the land during the early 2nd millennium BC. The kingdom of Israel itself was established in 11th Century BCE.

The earliest mention of that specific region of the Levant was in 1150 BCE, a clear 850 years after the original inhabitants took root. It wasn't until around 500 BCE that Herodotus even mentioned Palestine and described it as a 'province in Syria.'

Palestine is the name of a land not people. they were most likely Samarians, or Canaanites. There were people there when Abram went there, and the possibility is they are mainly Jew but brought up in the Islam faith. A lot of interbreeding went on with Jews and everyone, so the Pals whoever they were and are, were there since, but the Jews choose to go off. Most never choose to return from Babylon. The Zionist just took over and even kicked the British out, they overran the Pals, stole their land by force , and have continued to do so.

When they actually have this 'doctor' on the screen am I the only one who notices something wrong with her eyes? Her face is pointed directly at the camera, but both of her eyes are acting like 'lazy eye' syndrome. Both of them. Clearly pointed to her right. I'll just leave it there and will not post my speculation.

Here's my stance, I don't have "terrorist allies"... I do not support, and never have supported terrorism in any way, shape or form...

And once the oppression and occupation ends and there is a 'safe' solution for the State of Palestine there can THEN be some consideration for peace...

As soon as the oppression and occupation stops, an agreed State of Palestine is formed then I become neutral once again... Incredible eh!

Should Hamas fire one rocket into Israel then I would support Israel in any considered response... Although I would much prefer an international response as this would ease the 'pressure' on Israel.

I agree with most of this, however I fear after this synagogue attack it may be evident that things have gone too far now . . .

Forum List

Back