And the HATE continues to be preached in the CHURCH

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Psychoblues, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I continue to hear, even on the steps of the Church, them ragheads, I hope them ******* don't come back, etc. etc. I am appalled each time I hear these atrocities.

Jesus teaches that the love of God is all encompassing. Jesus teaches that WAR is not and never will be PEACE. Jesus teaches that discrimination based upon anything is completely WRONG.

Jesus teaches humility, genuine compassion, recognition of one's own sins and repentance. Jesus offers a guarantee of redemption. Unfortunately for Christians, most other religions offer much the same.

I am a Christian. I was raised in a Christian home. I was saved when I was only 8 years old. I am also a sinner. Neither Jesus nor God ever promised I would be anything other. Both only required my acceptance. I accepted.

Jesus and God taught me that my personal discriminations were invalid in their eyes. Jesus and God showed me the way to complete love. Jesus and God showed me that WAR is not PEACE and any attempt to embellish the concept of WAR as an instrument of PEACE was an abomination of the teachings of GOD and a HUMAN declaration of WAR. WAR is not pleasing in the eyes of my Lord Jesus Christ or of His father GOD. On a side note, the teachings of Buddha, Mohammed, and all other high ranking religious figures also condemn the concept of WAR.

My message here is not to condemn you. My message here is to, hopefully, open your eyes to your supporters and detractors. Those that support WAR do so without the blessings of GOD, or ALLAH or whatever else you chose to name your particular SUPREME BEING or IDOL. JESUS taught me that whatever my choice, my very primary responsibility is to humanity and the propagation of issues important to humanity.

GOD Bless

Psychoblues

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I take it this 'church hate' being preached is from your personal experiences? Haven't heard any from my church, on the contrary, heard this past Sunday that WE must practice more inclusion and sensitivity. Must wonder about YOUR Christian Church and co-congregants.

3. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Take your Liberation Theology and cram it.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    1 Our government chose military action--not our churches.

2 If Muslims are taught to kill non-believers and Christians are taught to turn the other cheek, than I guess all Christians will be killed but be in heaven. Did Jesus not intend for people to spend a little time on earth doing his will?

3 You complain about being accused of being non-patriotic when you criticize the war yet you accuse Christians of being sinners when they support the governments reaction to an unprovoked attack on Americans.
    If Muslims stop killing people, the US will leave Iraq. As a Christian maybe you could pray that muslims will stop the war. Claiming that Chistians support war is a bit dishonest don't you think?

5. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    As a non-christian about the only thing that I have to say about this is, Bullsh*t. I have yet to hear one christian call somebody a 'raghead' or a 'N-Word'. This is baseless accusation without substantiation. It is total garbage written only to get a rise from those of the christian persuasion.

This is total trollish behavior and on the first order too. A post only made to draw an emotional reaction is by its very nature from a troll.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    I'm with him.

I won't say you are .....misleading us..... but I want proof that there is a "real" church (not the Church of Armageddon, etc) that has had a minister stand before his congregation and call someone a "raghead" or the "n" word.

Sorry..but you saying you heard it isn't going to cut it. I live in the south. Bible-belt of the U.S. I have NEVER heard of a church using the phrase rag-head.

And trust me, again since I am in the south, if a "real" minister used the "n" word, it would be all over the press.

7. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Dude, what church do you go to? I have never heard aything like that at my church.

As for war and peace, of course Jesus desires peace. But Jesus was concerned with something much bigger--and much smaller-- than war between nations; He was concerned with the condition of each human's heart.

He acknowleged that He had come not to unite, but to divide, to turn father against son, wife against husband. He foretold that there would be wars and rumors of war before He came again.

Jesus knew that those who chose to follow Him would not incite war. But should evil be allowed to flourish? Didn't Jesus overturn the tables of the money changers in the temple? If evil is encroaching upon us, should we not stand against it? Should we not protect the innocent?

Dude, go rent Sergent York with Gary Cooper.

8. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Why No1, I do believe this is the most emotional indignation I've ever heard from you! :)

9. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    You must read a lot.

10. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,718

Jesus taught me to stand up against evil, to reject it. Never to comprimise with it. If you say your responsibility is to humanity then why is it you think tyrants like Saddam and countries like Iran, North Korea, or terroist organizations should go unchecked? We are the peacekeepers of the world, like it or not. If WAR is so bad as you say, then what do we do when OTHERS start one? Sit by and watch thousands get murdered? The War with Iraq started when he invaded Kuwait, it just took a decade after a cease fire to finish it. Now we have a madman on the scale of Hitler attempting to get nukes and threatening to wipe out an entire race. And you think we should pull out everywhere and let these maniacs destroy the world....

"Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called sons of God. "

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1