"And no religion, too"

Big brother says I gotta spread it around.....

:cool:

Huggy is over bashing in the "Democrats Trivialize the Threat from Radical Islam" thread, you can go rep him.

Ravi is bashing in a couple of threads. You can always through rep on her. The feral baboon, bodecea is bashing in the Catfish thread, you can rep her.

Just trying to help...

Huggy is over bashing in the "Democrats Trivialize the Threat from Radical Islam" thread, you can go rep him.

Ravi is bashing in a couple of threads. You can always through rep on her. The feral baboon, bodecea is bashing in the Catfish thread, you can rep her.

Just trying to help...

Thanks!!

I took your advice and it worked!!
I was able to Rep the Dr!!

:lol:

Just trying to help...

Thanks!!

I took your advice and it worked!!
I was able to Rep the Dr!!

:lol:

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Just trying to help...

Please rep me for bashing uncensored.

I'm a non-believer. :)

athiestsmy3.jpg

IIt's that we believe that life experience can be misleading and lead people to the wrong conclusions. People often have skewed perceptions and make mistakes because they either don't have all the information or they have a bias. Christians believe that when it comes to God, MAN is often (usually) incorrect and imperfect...but God never is. Error comes from man, not God. And Satan works to foster doubt. Man's arrogance and innate desire to be on the same level as God, and to define God according to our own limited view, is well known and proven.

When believers hear "I know there's no God because evidence points to the contrary" we know we're listening to somebody who thinks the power of their own perception and their own knowledge surpasses all else. It's arrogance purse and simple, the bible addresses it SPECIFICALLY and repeatedly, and predicted that as time passed, more and more people would cling to false knowledge and wisdom. It's addressed in the bible, and actually acts as more evidence of the inerrancy of the bible.

I understand what you believe. What you don't appear to understand is that i used to believe it myself. You know very little about what I believe, and I suspect, strongly, on the basis of your posts, that you've done very little critical examination of your own faith. If your faith can't withhold the same scrutiny that you direct at atheism, it isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

Suggesting that the bible is inerrant, because it says it is inerrant, is illogical. John claims that Christ was the logos (word). Logos is the root of the word logic. Word doesn't just mean word as in the noun, a word, but it means the source of all words, the root source of all words and all reasoning. It is absurd to claim that God would be illogical if he is the source of logos. Your use of circular reasoning does a disservice to your faith. God would not have given you a brain if he didn't want you to use it. Although, I admit, it appears that he gave you a rather flawed one.

Beyond that, the strongest proponents of inerrancy are generally those with the least familiarity with the Bible's rather patchwork history.

Dismissed.

Last edited:
IIt's that we believe that life experience can be misleading and lead people to the wrong conclusions. People often have skewed perceptions and make mistakes because they either don't have all the information or they have a bias. Christians believe that when it comes to God, MAN is often (usually) incorrect and imperfect...but God never is. Error comes from man, not God. And Satan works to foster doubt. Man's arrogance and innate desire to be on the same level as God, and to define God according to our own limited view, is well known and proven.

When believers hear "I know there's no God because evidence points to the contrary" we know we're listening to somebody who thinks the power of their own perception and their own knowledge surpasses all else. It's arrogance purse and simple, the bible addresses it SPECIFICALLY and repeatedly, and predicted that as time passed, more and more people would cling to false knowledge and wisdom. It's addressed in the bible, and actually acts as more evidence of the inerrancy of the bible.

I understand what you believe. What you don't appear to understand is that i used to believe it myself. You know very little about what I believe, and I suspect, strongly, on the basis of your posts, that you've done very little critical examination of your own faith. If your faith can't withhold the same scrutiny that you direct at atheism, it isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

Suggesting that the bible is inerrant, because it says it is inerrant, is illogical. John claims that Christ was the logos (word). Logos is the root of the word logic. Word doesn't just mean word as in the noun, a word, but it means the source of all words, the root source of all words and all reasoning. It is absurd to claim that God would be illogical if he is the source of logos. Your use of circular reasoning does a disservice to your faith. God would not have given you a brain if he didn't want you to use it. Although, I admit, it appears that he gave you a rather flawed one.

Beyond that, the strongest proponents of inerrancy are generally those with the least familiarity with the Bible's rather patchwork history.

Dismissed.

Thanks for proving my point. You're too arrogant and wrapped up in your own worth to listen.
Dismissed.

And the human perception of logic changes all the time.

200 years ago it was illogical to think man could fly.
500 years ago it was illogical to think the earth circled the sun, or that there were viruses, or germs, or that a person sitting on one side of the earth could touch a piece of plastic in his lap and instantly be in contact with a person thousands of miles away.

Human logic is not all it's made out to be. I don't put much store in it. Humans aren't logical. They're anything but. They just like to PRETEND they are.

And the human perception of logic changes all the time.

200 years ago it was illogical to think man could fly.
500 years ago it was illogical to think the earth circled the sun, or that there were viruses, or germs, or that a person sitting on one side of the earth could touch a piece of plastic in his lap and instantly be in contact with a person thousands of miles away.

Human logic is not all it's made out to be. I don't put much store in it. Humans aren't logical. They're anything but. They just like to PRETEND they are.

You can say that again. Ever learning.

Logic has to be based on far more than a single anecdotal personal experience. Such an experience can legitimately raise questions as to facts within the big picture, but cannot be used as a logical conclusion that everybody shares the same experience.

I have a personal relationship with Christ/God that at one time I tried hard to dismiss and deny but it is real for me. Once you have experienced that relationship there is no question in your own mind of its validity. I also believe that it can be real for everybody who wants it, but I cannot prove it to anybody else because it must be experienced. It is not logical to hold my experience up as the way it is or will be for everybody. I can testify to what I have experienced as millions of others have done, but in the end, just as the taste of chocolate or strawberries must be experienced to fully know what they taste like, each person has to experience God for himself or herself.

I do think, given such a great cloud of witneses, however, that those who dismiss the testimony of so many are not being logical. It is illogical to disbelieve something simply because we do not wish to believe it.

Last edited:
Logic has to be based on far more than a single anecdotal personal experience. Such an experience can legitimately raise questions as to facts within the big picture, but cannot be used as a logical conclusion that everybody shares the same experience.

I have a personal relationship with Christ/God that at one time I tried hard to dismiss and deny but it is real for me. Once you have experienced that relationship there is no question in your own mind of its validity. I also believe that it can be real for everybody who wants it, but I cannot prove it to anybody else because it must be experienced. It is not logical to hold my experience up as the way it is or will be for everybody. I can testify to what I have experienced as millions of others have done.

I do think, given such a great cloud of witneses, however, that those who dismiss the testimony of so many are not being logical. It is illogical to disbelieve something simply because we do not wish to believe it.

It is illogical to believe something that cannot be proved. You can talk your personal anectdotes all day, but you cannot prove that God exists. Your message has many words and says nothing.

Last edited:

I have a personal relationship with Christ/God that at one time I tried hard to dismiss and deny but it is real for me. Once you have experienced that relationship there is no question in your own mind of its validity. I also believe that it can be real for everybody who wants it, but I cannot prove it to anybody else because it must be experienced. It is not logical to hold my experience up as the way it is or will be for everybody. I can testify to what I have experienced as millions of others have done, but in the end, just as the taste of chocolate or strawberries must be experienced to fully know what they taste like, each person has to experience God for himself or herself.

I guess you missed the part where I had a relationship with Christ for many years, and didn't wish to stop believing. But, thanks for playing.

This is the shit that gets annoying with you people. You are so busy parroting back your paradigms that you simply don't listen.

I guess you missed the part where I had a relationship with Christ for many years, and didn't wish to stop believing. But, thanks for playing.

This is the shit that gets annoying with you people. You are so busy parroting back your paradigms that you simply don't listen.

Trying to be gentle here. You either had a relationship with Christ or you didn't. If you did, you can't just make that going away by deciding you don't believe in Christ any more than you can make me go away by deciding you don't believe I exist in any form or you can make whatever relationship you have had with a spouse or children or friends or relatives or coworkers or even a casual acquaintance go away just because you decide they don't exist any more.

You can see how illogical it is to say you had a relationship with Christ but that he doesn't exist? Obviously, if you believe he doesn't exist, you never had a relationship at all. You were simply going through the motions and 'doing Church' and stuff.

Forum List

Back