"And no religion, too"

I see Good and Evil. I see the ability for each of us to choose. Regardless of one's politics, we each have it in us to distinguish between right and wrong, learn to take the higher road, even by conditioning, expectation, and obligation, and grow through the experience. Their are opposing Natures in each of us. The question foe each of us, as individuals, is what part of us is in control. What is the Root of each motivation, inspiration, vision, dream, discovery, invention, scheme?

Yes, imagine that. Though "reason" suggests otherwise. We look at the world around us and see that overall mankind, sins. This isn't no utopia; two world wars in the last 100 years alone. (We all can and/or do things wrong, hurt each other, etc). Just why is that?

In answer to your question, first, I don't believe in the concept of sin. So, I don't see sin when I look around me. I see curious primates with violent tribalistic tendencies and opposable thumbs. That's the answer to your question.

Maybe you have never been hurt or suffered loss as an innocent? There are things that we may even only do in blindness that are very hurtful to others, then there are things we do with no justification, intentionally, that are very hurtful to others.

Be Fruitful, Multiply, Replenish the Earth. On the surface not that complicated. ;)

It's funny when leftists stamp their feet, pout, and insist the world can only be the way they say it is. :lol:

This is where you porposely misunderstand his message.

Belief is NOT religion.

You can believe whatever you want but if it is never ORGANISED into a religion no one is seeking to harness the power of defining for another what their beliefs should be can gain them.

No assholes using anothers beliefs to misguide them.

Maybe you have never been hurt or suffered loss as an innocent? There are things that we may even only do in blindness that are very hurtful to others, then there are things we do with no justification, intentionally, that are very hurtful to others.

What part of my answer did you fail to understand? I don't believe in the concept of sin. We are primates. There is no bogeyman in the sky deciding what is right and what is wrong. We make it up as we go along, just like we made him up.

It's funny when leftists stamp their feet, pout, and insist the world can only be the way they say it is. :lol:

This is where you porposely misunderstand his message.

Belief is NOT religion.

You can believe whatever you want but if it is never ORGANISED into a religion no one is seeking to harness the power of defining for another what their beliefs should be can gain them.

No assholes using anothers beliefs to misguide them.
You're not capable of deciding what I have or have not done. :lol:

I don't follow a set religion and neither should you.

There is no God because I say so.

Blah, blah, blah.........

I will never understand the fascination of starting a discussion bent on belittling others' choice of faith.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I can pick out some who have shown themselves to be people of faith long before I knew they were.

In this thread? Echo Zulu is good peeps. The rest have behaved so badly and often that I have them on ignore. (*Except TS1*)

and when you come to the point where faith and religion are so mutually exclusive it makes you cringe to write them in the same sentence, we'll talk BD

~S~

We don't need to talk. Are you happy where you are? I'm happy where I am. What's to and when you come to the point where faith and religion are so mutually exclusive it makes you cringe to write them in the same sentence, we'll talk BDtalk?

We don't need to talk. Are you happy where you are? I'm happy where I am. What's to talk?

If you can't handle/don't want to hear opposing opinions, why post on a debate forum?

And why did you make my post appear in a vacuum? I was responding to "and when you come to the point where faith and religion are so mutually exclusive it makes you cringe to write them in the same sentence, we'll talk BD" - which won't be happening.

Well, this liberal believes in God. And no article or scientist or anyone will ever make me lose my faith.

I believe in God.

I don't believe in religion. I don't believe other people on the planet should say who is or isn't going to heaven. I believe the most serious verses in the Bible go to not judging. I further believe that if a person feels spiritually superior, they are in Deep Serious.

Additionally? People who claim to be Christian and wouldn't want your pastor dropping by this board might want to take a long, hard look at your behaviors here.

If it's ok to ask, may I please ask which God you believe in?

There's some who believe in a "universal" God - and that being "good" gets you to heaven and such. There's all sorts of "gods" that people believe in, just curious what you believe.

Additionally? People who claim to be Christian and wouldn't want your pastor dropping by this board might want to take a long, hard look at your behaviors here.

oh puuleeease, has anyone else here done biz with a church?

~S~

I can pick out some who have shown themselves to be people of faith long before I knew they were.

In this thread? Echo Zulu is good peeps. The rest have behaved so badly and often that I have them on ignore. (*Except TS1*)

If you are picking out others "above" others, or comparing others, does that contradict what you say when you say you don't like to see "spiritual superiority"? Aren't you are doing it yoursel too? Because, without actually saying it, you are claiming spiritual superiority by even saying who is bad and good and by who you put on ignore and who is better than others. Or what am I missing here? Maybe something is going over my head there.

I believe we are all prone to pride and self-righteousness - wouldn't you agree? The day we say we aren't, is when perhaps that "spiritual superiority" comes in.

We all mess up, we say and do things wrong..and we learn from it, we get disciplined. Hopefully we also grow in Grace towards others along the way. Furthermore, aren't we all on different learning levels? We learn from each other, even though sometimes it hurts our pride, we reap what we sow.

Not sure yet what "God" you believe in..... but this parable Jesus gave is a great example of "self righteousness":

Luke 18
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

My belief is that we all can be hypocrites sometimes, we are prone to pride, or self-righteousness sometimes, sometimes we are not even aware.. and we get "told" and learn from it - hopefully.

We don't need to talk. Are you happy where you are? I'm happy where I am. What's to talk?

If you can't handle/don't want to hear opposing opinions, why post on a debate forum?

Why not? People come here for all manner of reasons, and say all manner of things. HE set the boundary, and it's not likely to happen.

You are the person who has half of the forum on ignore. The ignore function is for spineless pantywaists who want an echo chamber and not a conversation.

Why not? People come here for all manner of reasons, and say all manner of things. HE set the boundary, and it's not likely to happen.

You are the person who has half of the forum on ignore. The ignore function is for spineless pantywaists who want an echo chamber and not a conversation.

And you avoided answering why you only pulled my comment, and not that which I was responding to.

What part of my answer did you fail to understand? I don't believe in the concept of sin. We are primates. There is no bogeyman in the sky deciding what is right and what is wrong. We make it up as we go along, just like we made him up.

That's your opinion.

There's no evidence that it's true.

My opinion is that there is a loving God, and we are made in his image. We are special among the beings of the earth and the universe. We are special because we are beloved by the creator of the universe, and we are special because we are of the creator.

The world exists to give us joy, and we are capable of finding joy in it. I don't see primates creating works of art, or singing arias, or writing poetry. I don't see herons sacrificing their lives for the lives of people they don't know, for the sake of a lofty concept of freedom and liberty. I see men doing that. And that didn't come from within us. If we were no different than any other animals, all the other animals would be at the same stage of development. Truth is, the universe has never seen an animal like us.

Because we're special, of God.

That's my opinion. Perfectly valid, no need to call you stupid or to worry about whether you're wrong or not.

Forum List

Back