And here we go: Pedophilia is being normalized.

No one believes bullshit. Only a fucking moron tard would compare two consenting adults in their own home to molesting children. What a fucking sicko you are.
It never crossed my mind. And I haven't said anything like that.

But you just did. And you calling me sicko?

According to APA homosexuality is not disorder. It's normal thing...
According to APA pedophilia is not disorder anymore. It's kinda normal thing...

Do you agree with APA on homosexuality?
Do you agree with APA on pedophilia?

Not All Pedophiles Have Mental Disorder

In a move toward destigmatizing pedophilia, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) in its updated Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), distinguishes between pedophiles who desire sex with children, and those who act on those desires.

The former group -- those who want to have sex with children but whose desires are not distressing or harmful to themselves or others -- is no longer classified as having a psychiatric condition in the updated DSM.

This is pretty similar to how homosexuality was normalized back in 70s.

Thoughts?

Nothing new. It's just differentiating between pedophilia and child sexual abuse. A pedophile may have the desire yet never act on it. A CSA'er does. But not every CSA'er is also a pedophile just as not every pedophile is a CSA'er.

Most people have homosexual fantasies, but very few act on them. Same thing.

Kinda like all conservatives aren't racist but all racists are conservative.

We had many discussions about changing definition of marriage in order to accommodate "gay marriage", and I've been always saying, if liberals are able to change definition now for gays, what's preventing them to change it again for other groups? Every time I got hit with "muh slippery slope."

What APA is doing now did happened before. It is the exact same process that normalized homosexuality and transsexuals.

Up until 1973 general homosexuality was mental disorder. Gay activists and liberals cry about equality and in some cases issuing threats. It is eventually deemed not to be mental illness and taken off the DSM list. People who disagree are shut down immediately and called bigots. They demand special treatment and equal rights such as marriage, special bathrooms, etc. It is now totally normal and acceptable behavior.

Up until 2015, general pedophilia was mental disorder...

Inch by inch . . . .

In a move toward destigmatizing pedophilia, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) in its updated Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), distinguishes between pedophiles who desire sex with children, and those who act on those desires.

The former group -- those who want to have sex with children but whose desires are not distressing or harmful to themselves or others -- is no longer classified as having a psychiatric condition in the updated DSM.

Thoughts?

I would consider it a mental disorder to have those desires and NOT be distressed by them.

Thoughts?

I THINK you're a homophobe.

And not too bright.

Re-read the article.

They are not "normalizing" anything.

Dope.

"The former group -- those who want to have sex with children but whose desires are not distressing or harmful to themselves or others -- is no longer classified as having a psychiatric condition in the updated DSM."

They're not "normalizing" anything, right? They're just removing it from list of mental disorders.

All clear. Nothing to see here, eh?

Thoughts?

Nothing new. It's just differentiating between pedophilia and child sexual abuse. A pedophile may have the desire yet never act on it. A CSA'er does. But not every CSA'er is also a pedophile just as not every pedophile is a CSA'er.

Most people have homosexual fantasies, but very few act on them. Same thing.

If someone is a pedophile it's because they've acted on it not because they have a desire. Is someone that thinks about robbing a bank a bank robber because they thought about it or does it take them actually acting in order to be one?

Speak for yourself on the homosexual fantasies. Never crossed my mind. For those who do, maybe you're one of them, does that make them a homosexual? No it doesn't just like someone that thinks about robbing a bank but never does it isn't a bank robber.

Can google this kind of thing and see for yourself how wrong you are. Argueing with stupid people isn't as fun as it used to be.
Stupid people who are also ignorant and hateful.

Those who are old enough to remember 70s may see the pattern in the process.
Those not old enough to remember, but red few books, might also see it.
Of course, there are those who will throw labels for just quoting an article from Huffington Post.

Yep- reminds me of the '70's when bigots said all homosexuals were pedophiles.

Reminds me of that exactly.

Of course I am serious. Just because most people in America tend to disagree with the idea of engaging in sexual relations with those under the age of consent, and find it appalling (for reasons usually having to due with the law, religion, and culture), that does not make it a "mental disorder". That would suggest that something is biologically or genetically fucked up with them, which I do not believe is the case.

It's just a matter of taste, and their preferences happen to be unlawful. At least, here in America.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

I would consider it a mental disorder to have those desires and NOT be distressed by them.
I am sure they do, what with all the toxic shame and bad guilt put out in the world...

Considering that the legal age for consent and marriage in the USA was 10 up to the era of Woman's Suffrage...You would think our ancestors were,,,perverts and pedophiles.....but then again, life expectancy was low....

I THINK you're a homophobe.

And not too bright.

Re-read the article.

They are not "normalizing" anything.

Dope.

Sorry for cutting short my last answer, I was in a hurry.

Anyways, you think I am homophobe. And you base it on what?

Anyone with bit of brain power would notice that this thread is not about homosexuals. I did not even give or write opinion about them, nor about pedophiles. I guess I struck the cord calling out lefties for what they are. None of lefties above, including you, addressed anything from the opening post. But all you bitches did exactly what is expected from you to do, bitching, whining, insulting... that's all you know.

Those who are old enough to remember 70s may see the pattern in the process.
Those not old enough to remember, but red few books, might also see it.
Of course, there are those who will throw labels for just quoting an article from Huffington Post.

Yep- reminds me of the '70's when bigots said all homosexuals were pedophiles.

Reminds me of that exactly.

I haven't said anything like that. So, what exactly in my post remind you of that?

I am talking about pattern in APA decision. You?

Inch by inch . . . .

Of course.

And we're talking about medical, scientific research. Nobody is talking about legality of pedophilia. At least not yet.

When APA removed homosexuality from list of mental disorders back in 70s, that was liberal push for acceptance of homosexuality and its "normalization". APA said, its not disorder, it's normal, acceptable human behavior, end of discussion.

Fast forward 40 years and we have APA doing the same with pedophilia, by removing it from DSM list. What that means? If the same standards are used as for homosexuality, they're pretty much saying, it's not disorder, its normal, acceptable human behavior, end of discussion.

From the APA website:
The American Psychological Association is the largest scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States. APA is the world's largest association of psychologists, with nearly 130,000 researchers, educators, clinicians, consultants and students as its members.

There is no reason not to trust in any research done by such prestigious organization. They said homosexuality is not mental disorder and removed it from DSM list. Lefties celebrated, righties protested, but whether we like it or not, we believe they know what they're doing, after all, it's their science.

Now the same organization, based on scientific research, stated that pedophilia is getting removed from the DSM list. Whether we like it or not, we believe they know what they're doing, after all, it's their science. I'm pretty sure righties are not in favor of this research... but what about lefties?

So here we go again...

According to APA homosexuality is not disorder. It's normal thing...
According to APA pedophilia is not disorder anymore. It's kinda normal thing...

Do you agree with APA on homosexuality?
Do you agree with APA on pedophilia?

Of course I am serious. Just because most people in America tend to disagree with the idea of engaging in sexual relations with those under the age of consent, and find it appalling (for reasons usually having to due with the law, religion, and culture), that does not make it a "mental disorder". That would suggest that something is biologically or genetically fucked up with them, which I do not believe is the case.

It's just a matter of taste, and their preferences happen to be unlawful. At least, here in America.

Did anyone else throw up a little in their mouths while reading this?

Forum List

Back