And here is the reason gun control will become a hot issue thanks to the massacre....

And of course MSNBC is shooting for gun control and warning against anti Muslim rhetoric. Things never change.

Gun control is an issue after every shooting, never let a crisis go to waste. They will whine and wail, it will die down...until the next shooting

After a shooting isnt a good time to address gun control

On a normal day isnt a good time to address gun control

So lets be honest. Is it really a timing issue?

Maybe the wait time should be more than 3 days on these military style weapons?
But, don't you realize that this perfectly reasonable proposal can have the shadow of being associated with total abrogation of the second amendment?
It's...why, it's...compromise!!!

And of course MSNBC is shooting for gun control and warning against anti Muslim rhetoric. Things never change.
It's important to self censor the anti Muslim rhetoric and hatred because we have undercover Muslims working WITH US to find the terrorists among their communities, both in the USA and abroad.... we need the good Muslims more than ever!

It's important to self censor the anti Muslim rhetoric and hatred because we have undercover Muslims working WITH US to find the terrorists among their communities, both in the USA and abroad.... we need the good Muslims more than ever!
So how did having your "undercover Muslims" work out this time?
Don't tell me the 'peaceful' muslims living with/around him didn't know what he was advocating.

The terrorist had been tied to a KNOWN suicide bomber & had been under FBI investigation TWICE. Once in 2013 & once in 2014.
Terrorist ties.
Terroristic threats
Ties to a suicide bomber

Yet he was allowed to buy guns..... WHAT IN THE FUCK is wrong with our system?

WHAT IN THE FUCK is wrong with our system?

Obama & Val Jarrett

Maybe the wait time should be more than 3 days on these military style weapons?

Maybe you should have to store them at a gun range
You want criminals to store their guns at the gun range? ROFLMAO.

Right now they can walk into any gun store buy and AR-15 with multiple 50-100 round magazines and hundreds of rounds of ammo

Clerk: What you gunna do with all that firepower?
Omar: Gunna kill me some homos
Clerk: Well then let me sell you some more rapid loading mags

....Yet he was allowed to buy guns..... WHAT IN THE FUCK is wrong with our system?
One word: Democrats.

As was often pointed out in Obama's 2013 gun control bill; 75% of NRA members favored stronger background checks to prevent the mentally ill and criminals from buying guns. The problem wasn't the desire to prevent mentally ill or criminals from obtaining guns, but the fact the Democrats chose to implement that desire by making all lawful gun owners guilty until proven innocent. The bill also sought to reinstitute Clinton's "scary-looking gun" ban.

Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gun control laws are only as effective as those who enforce them. I can't say for sure but I suspect part of the reason this guy got through is because people didn't want to be accused of profiling or being Islamaphobic. From Nidal Hassan to the Boston bombers to San Bernardino this seems to be a trend.

Mateen was not mentally ill. He was not a criminal. He was a terrorist. A muslim terrorist to be precise. A background check would be useless. He was already known. He was known to the authorities. He was known to coworkers. The company he worked for knew. They didn't want to get sued. They didn't want CAIR protesting at their door. Shut up don't look. That's political correctness and it kills.

There is certainly a price to be paid for freedom. It is a good and wise thing for those who wish to maintain freedom to avoid making enemies.

Is a 'moslem' who is a terrorist the same as a 'terrorist moslem'; i.e;, in the first case the words are nouns; in the second the order is adjective - noun?

There is certainly a price to be paid for freedom. It is a good and wise thing for those who wish to maintain freedom to avoid making enemies.
"A man who has no enemies has no character".
The anthesis of having "freedom" by subjugating one's morals in order to avoid conflict is the height of cowardice.
Ironically it is in fact 'slavery'.
It is a very common theme running through the lives of LIBs.

Mateen was not mentally ill. He was not a criminal. He was a terrorist. A muslim terrorist to be precise. A background check would be useless. He was already known. He was known to the authorities. He was known to coworkers. The company he worked for knew. They didn't want to get sued. They didn't want CAIR protesting at their door. Shut up don't look. That's political correctness and it kills.

Very true

Mateen needs the best available weapons for slaughtering homos and we have to be sure nothing stands in his way

We don't want him to be inconvenienced do we?

Political correctness and it kills

Gun control is an issue after every shooting, never let a crisis go to waste. They will whine and wail, it will die down...until the next shooting
Allowing Muslim terrorists the ability to purchase guns isn't something to "whine" about?

Figure out a way to determine which Muslim is the terrorist. Or the white guy who is mental....or the black guy who is mad at the white guy...I could go on but it's impossible. With that said I don't understand how this shooter in Orlando was investigated at least twice by the FBI and then this happens. There is a problem
It is a tough situation to be sure but we need to try to do something. Simply throwing our arms up & giving up because it's hard is not an option.

I don't have the answers but with that said I am a gun owner...good luck to anyone trying to change that
I bet you have a strap on also..to go with that gun club membership..

"A man who has no enemies has no character".
The anthesis of having "freedom" by subjugating one's morals in order to avoid conflict is the height of cowardice.
Ironically it is in fact 'slavery'.
It is a very common theme running through the lives of LIBs.

Non-response.

Forum List

Back