An Update Of Sorts

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Dwight_Eisenhower_AP-640x480.jpg
http://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/03/Dwight_Eisenhower_AP-640x480.jpg

In the past five years I posted numerous messages objecting to the design, and the cost, of Frank Gehry’s Eisenhower Memorial. This one from today’s Breitbart is an update:

Roche: Save President Eisenhower’s Memorial from Washington
by Sam Roche
26 Mar 2017

Roche: Save President Eisenhower's Memorial from Washington - Breitbart

The following articles were cited in my messages. A few of them contain photos.

Any one who is interested in a primer on how big time parasites feed at the public trough should read the articles in the order I listed them:

A Monstrosity, Not a Monument
Tom Bethell
February 8, 2012, 10:08 am

A Monstrosity, Not a Monument

XXXXX

Monumental Mistake: Eisenhower Memorial
Audrey Hudson | Tuesday Jun 19, 2012 2:30 PM

Proposed Eisenhower Memorial a monumental mistake

XXXXX

July 25, 2014
Saving General Eisenhower
By Andrew E. Harrod

Articles: Saving General Eisenhower

XXXXX

No One Likes Ike’s Memorial
House report could doom Frank Gehry design
BY: Stephanie Wang
July 29, 2014 3:00 pm

No One Likes Ike’s Memorial

XXXXX

The Strange Fight Over the Eisenhower Memorial
Eleanor Clift
09.03.14 5:45 AM ET

The Strange Fight Over the Eisenhower Memorial

XXXXX

A lone senator is still pursuing the construction of a controversial memorial to the 34th president despite a lack of support from his fellow Republicans and the family of Dwight Eisenhower.

Senator Pat Roberts (R., Kan.) says he was disappointed that the Senate Interior Appropriations Subcommittee reduced construction funding for the monument to zero last week, . . .

Senator Alone In Eisenhower Memorial Fight
Critics: Pat Roberts ‘delusional,’ has left Kansas for ‘the land of Oz’
BY: Thomas Novelly
June 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Senator Alone In Eisenhower Memorial Fight

XXXXX

Controversial Ike Memorial Moves Forward Despite Opposition
Congress, Eisenhower family against design
BY: Thomas Novelly
July 7, 2015 3:50 pm

Controversial Ike Memorial Moves Forward Despite Opposition

XXXXX

Veterans Group Calls for New Design of Eisenhower Memorial
Pressure grows to reject Frank Gehry’s design, hold new comp
BY: Blake Seitz
November 3, 2015 5:00 am

Veterans Group Calls for New Design of Eisenhower Memorial

XXXXX

The Eisenhower Commission has cost taxpayers $66.3 million since its inception in 1999, a sum that includes over $37 million in construction funds allocated by Congress in FY 2012.

Commission Requests $84 Million to Build Eisenhower Memorial
February 17, 2016 5:35 pm

Commission Requests $84 Million to Build Eisenhower Memorial

XXXXX

58 Generals, Admirals Sign Letter Opposing Design of Eisenhower Memorial
September 13, 2016 5:20 pm

http://freebeacon.com/culture/58-generals-admirals-sign-letter-opposing-design-eisenhower-memorial/

Anyone ready to heed Ike's warning of the military/industrial complex? No?

Why would anyone want to read that much AltRight propaganda unless they were already brain dead?

To Fenton Lum: I suspect that you want to disarm this country which is not what Ike’s warning was all about:

This article about war memorials should be more to your liking:

What these modern war memorials have in common with each other is nothing. They portray nothingness. They have no people in them, never mind men carrying guns or swords, statues of Winged Victory, or even doves of peace. Just death and names -- grief without glory.​

November 11, 2007
Monuments to Wimpdom
By Duncan Maxwell Anderson

Articles: Monuments to Wimpdom

Incidentally, the media-education-entertainment complex is the danger liberals never mention.
Flanders is right on this issue.
To JakeStarkey: YOU AGREE! I am stunned.
Why would anyone want to read that much AltRight propaganda unless they were already brain dead?
To BULLDOG: My, my. This must have hit too close to home for you?
Any one who is interested in a primer on how big time parasites feed at the public trough should read the articles in the order I listed them:

It does look like a monstrosity. There were times in American history when monuments to Generals depicted heroism. A bronze of Ike in a jeep makes more sense than four acres of bizarre columns and life sized diorama. I bet if you poll most 8th graders in U.S. schools most of them couldn't identify Eisenhower much less spell his name.

th
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.7yWuIIFq_n5r1_VcXLIXiwC9FJ&pid=Api&w=103&h=181

Maybe President Trump will stop the monstrosity from being built?

We cannot get back on this right path without President Trump’s leadership. He can let it be known that even when it does receive final approval, his Department of the Interior will not issue the required permits to build the Gehry design. He can also replace intransigent commissioners—four of whom he appoints—with new ones who will support a competition to redesign Ike’s memorial.​

A Memorial to Eisenhower Is Being Built in DC. But There's a Glaring Problem With the Design...
By Sam Roche
2 days ago

A Memorial to Eisenhower Is Being Built in DC. But There's a Glaring Problem With the Design...

To Fenton Lum: I suspect that you want to disarm this country which is not what Ike’s warning was all about:

This article about war memorials should be more to your liking:

What these modern war memorials have in common with each other is nothing. They portray nothingness. They have no people in them, never mind men carrying guns or swords, statues of Winged Victory, or even doves of peace. Just death and names -- grief without glory.​

November 11, 2007
Monuments to Wimpdom
By Duncan Maxwell Anderson

Articles: Monuments to Wimpdom

Incidentally, the media-education-entertainment complex is the danger liberals never mention.
Flanders is right on this issue.
To JakeStarkey: YOU AGREE! I am stunned.
To BULLDOG: My, my. This must have hit too close to home for you?

Nope.It did hit my funny bone though.

Forum List

Back