An insight into the left-wing mindset

Like I said, I'm not playing. I am past the point where I apologize for my being, and I do not consider "normality" when I choose my behavior.
That's your prerogative but you are pretending there are no norms or natural order. Humans have known/accepted it since day one for all these thousands of years but suddenly the left would have us believe things like gender is a state of mind rather than biology.

Things that are unusual can still be "normal." Unless you consider left-handedness "abnormal."

Cecilie, as much as she tried to run away from it, had an excellent point. But it's not just "unnatural" and "abnormal" that are the loaded words. They are loaded because their root words have come to have values judgments attached to them, too.
More semantics. You seem to need to put words in people's mouths so you can argue. We went from gender to left handedness. Those are the same to you?

First - YOU used the word natural. I am building from your arguments.

Second - gender identity and handedness are absolutely comparable.

Being a lefty is unusual, and was therefore once considered unnatural (with all value judgment it implies). It was even deemed evil. Teachers and parents would change the child's handedness to the right. The child would eventually adjust, but the very act of writing with the right hand wasn't natural to them. And so the child's inborn inclination was squashed and directed to something acceptable to society.

Identifying with a different gender is considered unnatural, some even think evil. Teachers and parents have tried to change how a child acts to go along with their biological gender's accepted behavior. The child eventually adjusts, but the very act of pretending to be a gender they don't feel isn't natural to them. And so the child's inborn inclination was squashed and directed to something acceptable to society.

Like I said, I'm not playing. I am past the point where I apologize for my being, and I do not consider "normality" when I choose my behavior.
That's your prerogative but you are pretending there are no norms or natural order. Humans have known/accepted it since day one for all these thousands of years but suddenly the left would have us believe things like gender is a state of mind rather than biology.

Things that are unusual can still be "normal." Unless you consider left-handedness "abnormal."

Cecilie, as much as she tried to run away from it, had an excellent point. But it's not just "unnatural" and "abnormal" that are the loaded words. They are loaded because their root words have come to have values judgments attached to them, too.
More semantics. You seem to need to put words in people's mouths so you can argue. We went from gender to left handedness. Those are the same to you?

Being a lefty is unusual, and was therefore once considered unnatural (with all value judgment it implies). It was even deemed evil. Teachers and parents would change the child's handedness to the right. The child would eventually adjust, but the very act of writing with the right hand wasn't natural to them. And so the child's inborn inclination was squashed and directed to something acceptable to society.

Identifying with a different gender is considered unnatural, some even think evil. Teachers and parents have tried to change how a child acts to go along with their biological gender's accepted behavior. The child eventually adjusts, but the very act of pretending to be a gender they don't feel isn't natural to them. And so the child's inborn inclination was squashed and directed to something acceptable to society.
I said why I said natural. How many times before your brain can receive what it disagrees with? No, gender is not anything like handedness. You're full of shit. If you have to point to what someone else thinks is evil to make your point look better that says a lot about your point.

Children aren't born gay or mis-gendered. That's what your hypnotist conditioned you to think. Natural feelings can very definitely be over ridden by a human created environment.

Speaking as a left-hander, I can tell you that I feel no oversensitive need to redefine it with "nice" words in order to spare my feelings. Left-handedness is natural, but it is not normal. It's an anomaly. And I'm okay with that.

I haven't "tried to run away from a damned thing", you twit. Try to comprehend English, for God's sake. "Unnatural" and "abnormal" contain negative connotations as part of their denotations. "Natural" and "normal" depend much more for connotation on how badly someone wants to get their super-sensitive snowflake feelings hurt. In this regard, I took both posters very carefully into account, and specifically noted that Ice used "natural" in its most basic, emotion-free context.

I said why I said natural. How many times before your brain can receive what it disagrees with? No, gender is not anything like handedness. You're full of shit. If you have to point to what someone else thinks is evil to make your point look better that says a lot about your point.

Children aren't born gay or mis-gendered. That's what your hypnotist conditioned you to think. Natural feelings can very definitely be over ridden by a human created environment.

Where's the science to support that children aren't born with their sexual orientation or gender identity?

Speaking as a left-hander, I can tell you that I feel no oversensitive need to redefine it with "nice" words in order to spare my feelings. Left-handedness is natural, but it is not normal. It's an anomaly. And I'm okay with that.

I haven't "tried to run away from a damned thing", you twit. Try to comprehend English, for God's sake. "Unnatural" and "abnormal" contain negative connotations as part of their denotations. "Natural" and "normal" depend much more for connotation on how badly someone wants to get their super-sensitive snowflake feelings hurt. In this regard, I took both posters very carefully into account, and specifically noted that Ice used "natural" in its most basic, emotion-free context.

Are you old enough that people tried to change your handedness? It used to be a real thing.

The point isn't that you're overly sensitive about it, or need different words to describe it, the point is that people feel the need to change a person's nature to suit "norms." Like they used to change left-handers.

Where's the science to support that children aren't born with their sexual orientation or gender identity?
Where's the science that says it is? I can claim polar bears can turn into wolves but it's up to me to back it up. And don't post the opinion of some shrink as science.

Where's the science that says it is? I can claim polar bears can turn into wolves but it's up to me to back it up. And don't post the opinion of some shrink as science.

Wow. Unwilling or unable to back up your assertion.

Well, I can go by the words of gay and transgender people who say they've felt this way as long as they remember. Also, when children are left to develop without too much "corrective" interference, they show homosexuality and different gender identity on their own.

I will, however, look for a source.....something
you are unwilling to do, you gigantic ignorant pussy.

Are you old enough that people tried to change your handedness? It used to be a real thing.

The point isn't that you're overly sensitive about it, or need different words to describe it, the point is that people feel the need to change a person's nature to suit "norms." Like they used to change left-handers.
You'd have to be pretty old for the left handed changing think. My older brother was left handed and would be 65 by now and there was no attempt to change him. Now I inherited his baseball mitt so to this day I still throw as a lefty but I'm right handed. Didn't turn me queer though, which is the point. You are mixed up due to the anti-establishment conformity.

Wow. Unwilling or unable to back up your assertion.

Well, I can go by the words of gay and transgender people who say they've felt this way as long as they remember. Also, when children are left to develop without too much "corrective" interference, they show homosexuality and different gender identity on their own.

I will, however, look for a source.....something
you are unwilling to do, you gigantic ignorant pussy.
Huh? Unwilling to prove your point? You claimed you had science on your side and the evidence is the feeling of those suffering from the disorder. LOL.

Between the (Gender) Lines: the Science of Transgender Identity - Science in the News

"First and foremost, is gender identity genetic? It seems the answer is yes – though, as with most traits involving identity, there is some environmental influence. One classic way for scientists to test whether a trait (which can be any characteristic from red hair to cancer susceptibility to love of horror movies) is influenced by genetics is twin studies. "

You'd have to be pretty old for the left handed changing think. My older brother was left handed and would be 65 by now and there was no attempt to change him. Now I inherited his baseball mitt so to this day I still throw as a lefty but I'm right handed. Didn't turn me queer though, which is the point. You are mixed up due to the anti-establishment conformity.

Yeah, changing hands fell out of vogue quite a while back, but my grandma still asked my mom if she shouldn't move my spoon to the other hand when I was learning to eat.

I am not mixed up. The "conditions" are synonymous, but one is accepted now, and the other, you're afraid of.

"Gender identity" and hand preferences are not the least bit comparable, until such time as you can produce a gene for "gender identity" (because in case you didn't know, left-handedness is an identifiable genetic mutation). Even if that were to happen, you would still have to deal with the difference that left-handedness is a very minor and utterly benign mutation that produces little to no impact on one's life, beyond perhaps occasional inconvience, and the same cannot be said about gender dysphoria.

Furthermore, because left-handedness is itself a specific genetic mutation, it has no equivalent component of conflicting with the biological reality of one's genetics, as "gender identity" does. The equivalent would actually be someone who is genetically right-handed, but "feels" he or she is lefthanded because he/she perceives left-handedness to be somehow "better".

"Gender identity" and hand preferences are not the least bit comparable, until such time as you can produce a gene for "gender identity" (because in case you didn't know, left-handedness is an identifiable genetic mutation). Even if that were to happen, you would still have to deal with the difference that left-handedness is a very minor and utterly benign mutation that produces little to no impact on one's life, beyond perhaps occasional inconvience, and the same cannot be said about gender dysphoria.

Furthermore, because left-handedness is itself a specific genetic mutation, it has no equivalent component of conflicting with the biological reality of one's genetics, as "gender identity" does. The equivalent would actually be someone who is genetically right-handed, but "feels" he or she is lefthanded because he/she perceives left-handedness to be somehow "better".

You're wrong. Look at the science.

Yeah, changing hands fell out of vogue quite a while back, but my grandma still asked my mom if she shouldn't move my spoon to the other hand when I was learning to eat.

I am not mixed up. The "conditions" are synonymous, but one is accepted now, and the other, you're afraid of.
I'm afraid of what? Not getting brainwashed like you? Did granny try to turn you into a boy? Somehow I think she wouldn't agree with you.

I'm afraid of what? Not getting brainwashed like you? Did granny try to turn you into a boy? Somehow I think she wouldn't agree with you.

You're afraid of being even thought of gay or feminine. But not of being left-handed.

My grandma was a product of her time. She just knew that's how she grew up. Of course she wouldn't agree with me on this subject. And my great great grandmother wouldn't agree with me going to college. And my great grandmother wouldn't agree with me marrying a black man.

But we learn, we change. Thank goodness.

Trump always tells the truth, liberals just don't like the REAL truth. Liberals live in a world where the Truth is a movable entity.
As far as speaking her mind. DABEEECH has no mind to think with her head is filled with liberal mush.
All Mostly False statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact

All False statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact

All Pants on Fire! statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact
Fake news.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Forum List

Back