An exercise in futility

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
I know most of you if not all of you will probably not bother to read any of the articles in this post but here goes anyway.

The Bailout Reader - Mises.org - Mises Institute

The events taking place in the financial market offer an illustration of the soundness of the Austrian theory of money, banking, and credit cycles, and Mises.org, which has long warned of precisely the scenario playing itself out today, is your source not only for analysis of these events but also the economic theory that helps explain what is happening and what to do about it. There are many thousands of articles available, and also the full text of thousands of books as well as journal articles.

It is impossible to draw attention to the full range of literature one can use to understand the crisis. However, below we offer a brief look into the topics most discussed in these times, with extended treatments of each in the sidebar. Mises.org also offers both a blog and a community forum for reading and discussing them all.

It's never been more important to spread a sound view of money and banking, not only as a protection against the fallacies of "stabilization" and "reflation" but also as way to see what kind of reforms are essential now.

Please follow the link to find dozens more links to articles that relate to the bail out abomination.

I was talking with a friend of my who emigrated from Argentina and she was lamenting that the steps that the Argentinian government took to control a bank failure in the 1980's that resulted in hyper-inflation are pretty much the same thing that the US government is doing now.

I was talking with a friend of my who emigrated from Argentina and she was lamenting that the steps that the Argentinian government took to control a bank failure in the 1980's that resulted in hyper-inflation are pretty much the same thing that the US government is doing now.

Even if you have a parachute you still go down. We haven't seen the worst of it yet. Just delaying the inevitable so people have time to downsize and adjust to donig with less. Hopefully our government will do the same.

Just delaying the inevitable so people have time to downsize and adjust to donig with less. Hopefully our government will do the same.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

the government learning to do with less. Stop it you're killing me

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

And the Argentinian government just nationalized retirement accounts.

Even if you have a parachute you still go down. We haven't seen the worst of it yet. Just delaying the inevitable so people have time to downsize and adjust to donig with less. Hopefully our government will do the same.
Under an Obama presidency this will not happen.

The way her family kept from losing their wealth back then was by turning all their cash into US dollars. I'm thinking that Euros or gold would be the most stable, along with real estate in good, under rated markets.

Forum List

Back