An example

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Psycoblues or what ever is name is has made the claim that Bush has done things to harm the VA and the benefits that all that use it get. He has implied funding was cut and that benefits were cut under Bush. Now he has failed to provide one shred of evidence for this claim, except for a site that hates Bush. No links to budgets, no links to benefits before and after. Nothing.

Here is an exampe of how Bush is working "against" our veterans...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070919/ap_on_go_co/veterans_care

Psycoblues or what ever is name is has made the claim that Bush has done things to harm the VA and the benefits that all that use it get. He has implied funding was cut and that benefits were cut under Bush. Now he has failed to provide one shred of evidence for this claim, except for a site that hates Bush. No links to budgets, no links to benefits before and after. Nothing.

Here is an exampe of how Bush is working "against" our veterans...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070919/ap_on_go_co/veterans_care

How nice... a panel. Now he has to actually implement its recommendations, no? It also comes after privatizing of the maintenance of Walter Reed and handing the maintenance contract to the same company that couldn't get ice to New Orleans? And for more money than it cost prior....

And this is what the admin did in 2003...

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2003/05/25/loc_VAhealthcare.html

and more recently:

http://www.iava.org/component/option,com_/Itemid,67/option,content/task,view/id,2515/

http://www.iava.org/component/option,com_/Itemid,67/option,content/task,view/id,2479/

Tell me again how much Bush cares about the military.

How nice... a panel. Now he has to actually implement its recommendations, no? It also comes after privatizing of the maintenance of Walter Reed and handing the maintenance contract to the same company that couldn't get ice to New Orleans? And for more money than it cost prior....

And this is what the admin did in 2003...

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2003/05/25/loc_VAhealthcare.html

and more recently:

http://www.iava.org/component/option,com_/Itemid,67/option,content/task,view/id,2515/

http://www.iava.org/component/option,com_/Itemid,67/option,content/task,view/id,2479/

Tell me again how much Bush cares about the military.

Other than propaganda, provide evidence the first link actually happened.

The second one is a non starter. Action is already happening on those issues.

And the third? Give me a break, did you not read your second link, or the news? Bush has already had the VA increase the hours those health care professionals are available from 9 to 5 to 9 to 9. But hey don't let pesky facts get in the way of a good whine.

As to paying, Veterans have always had to pay if they made over a certain amount. Nothing new there at all.

Jillian seems to just be another "Bush Hater".

While I don't agree with everything Bush does, I don't for one second believe he hates military veterans.

While I don't agree with everything Bush does, I don't for one second believe he hates military veterans.

Well that and anything I say she has to disagree with. if I said the sky was blue she would post some thing about light refraction and gases in the atmosphere to explain how the sky REALLY isn't blue.

Republicans and democrats act the same way towards veterans as they do towards every domestic health care issue. Republicans attempt to spend less than is needed and democrats attempt to spend more than is needed.

Maybe my knowledge of the VA is just anecdotal... but I've got a sister-in-law (disabled during Desert Storm) an uncle (who's also my godfather) (wounded in Vietnam) and a brother-in-law (retired from the active Army) all of whom have seen the quality of the VA go to pot in the past 3-4 years. They sent my uncle to "pain management" courses when the pain in his shoulder became too much instead of surgery because surgery for this war injury wasn't funded.

The backlog for new veterans' attempting to get services is now at about half a year waiting time... to me, that's unconscionable. The reason for this is that the budgets passed during the past 4-5 years, even though the democrats have found ways to pile more money onto the amounts the President has put in his budgets, still haven't met the amounts determined by the VA to meet the needs it is expected to provide for. Even Principi told the OMB that his office needed $1.2 billion more than the President had put in his 2005 budget...

Has President Bush tried to "cut the VA budget?" No. Has his proposed budgets been less than was needed to fund veterans' health services? Yes. Has that meant some veterans have not received the health services their service warrants? Yes. Does this settle whether President Bush is a prudent fiscal budgeter or a veteran hater? No. It is simply what it is. I don't think President Bush hates veterans... but, at the same time, it is unwarranted praise to say he's done anything extra special for them as far as the VA budget is concerned.

I'm wondering though... do you have a link to Psychoblues' original statement?

Well that and anything I say she has to disagree with. if I said the sky was blue she would post some thing about light refraction and gases in the atmosphere to explain how the sky REALLY isn't blue.

It's impossible to debate or discuss with folks like that, on either side of the aisle. I've been to many message boards and I must admit the left does tend to harbor these types in their ranks more so than the right.

Republicans and democrats act the same way towards veterans as they do towards every domestic health care issue. Republicans attempt to spend less than is needed and democrats attempt to spend more than is needed.

Maybe my knowledge of the VA is just anecdotal... but I've got a sister-in-law (disabled during Desert Storm) an uncle (who's also my godfather) (wounded in Vietnam) and a brother-in-law (retired from the active Army) all of whom have seen the quality of the VA go to pot in the past 3-4 years. They sent my uncle to "pain management" courses when the pain in his shoulder became too much instead of surgery because surgery for this war injury wasn't funded.

The backlog for new veterans' attempting to get services is now at about half a year waiting time... to me, that's unconscionable. The reason for this is that the budgets passed during the past 4-5 years, even though the democrats have found ways to pile more money onto the amounts the President has put in his budgets, still haven't met the amounts determined by the VA to meet the needs it is expected to provide for. Even Principi told the OMB that his office needed $1.2 billion more than the President had put in his 2005 budget...

Has President Bush tried to "cut the VA budget?" No. Has his proposed budgets been less than was needed to fund veterans' health services? Yes. Has that meant some veterans have not received the health services their service warrants? Yes. Does this settle whether President Bush is a prudent fiscal budgeter or a veteran hater? No. It is simply what it is. I don't think President Bush hates veterans... but, at the same time, it is unwarranted praise to say he's done anything extra special for them as far as the VA budget is concerned.

Atleast you are fair in your assessment, sir.:clap2:

Where did I say he HATES them? I said he's done things that hurt him. If you want to get into generalizations, rather than addressing substance, then your posts won't be very interesting. Also, I'm kind of funny, I think if someone has something to say to me, they should do so in the first person, rather than talk "about" me.

What do you disagree with? His immigration policy? Gee... that's disagreement. I also don't hate HIM... I'm sure he'd be graciouis at a BBQ I think he's done a pathetic job as president and has embarrassed us and diminished our stature in the world and mismanaged our finances and diminished our Constitution. So, frankly, there's not a lot good I would have to say about the job he's done.

So, you can continue making remarks about me in the third person, or actually say something.....unless, of course you're just another Bush apologist. :)

It's impossible to debate or discuss with folks like that, on either side of the aisle. I've been to many message boards and I must admit the left does tend to harbor these types in their ranks more so than the right.

Funny... most of my rep comes from "normal" conservatives with whom I have no problem discussing things.

By the by, if you think the "left" has more difficulty discussing issues than the right, perhaps it's because you spend your time apparently seeing to disparage rather than discuss. That would make YOU the problem, not the "left" (as if there were some homogeneous definition of what that is).

Perhaps that's because if the sky were blue, but Bush said it were purple, you'd say it was purple and ask for "proof" that it's blue.

Try this thread...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=50445

Funny... most of my rep comes from "normal" conservatives with whom I have no problem discussing things.

By the by, if you think the "left" has more difficulty discussing issues than the right, perhaps it's because you spend your time apparently seeing to disparage rather than discuss. That would make YOU the problem, not the "left" (as if there were some homogeneous definition of what that is).

Calm down, my friend.

Perhaps that's because if the sky were blue, but Bush said it were purple, you'd say it was purple and ask for "proof" that it's blue.

Now who is making up shit? Provide some evidence I blindly support anyone. Bush has made mistakes. The problem with you and your buddies is you think we can just ignore the world till January 2009.

Rather then address issues you would rather just cry " but Bush made a mistake" Rather then move forward you would rather bitch and moan about an invasion that we can not undo, we can not ignore and we can not change. Rather then provide any reasonable guidance or even suggestions you and your buddies would rather scream " it is all Bush's fault" then bury your head in the sand.

You would gladly sell out millions of Iraqis just to make Bush look bad. You talk about dead Iraqis all the while demanding we abandon them. That is called hypocrisy.

If Bush said the grass was green you would claim it wasn't true. Not because you don't know the grass IS green, but because you can not EVER agree with anything Bush says or does.

You and your buddies will let Iran and Syria have over a year on weapons programs, not because you do not believe they have them, but because you can not let Bush do anything. You can not agree with anything he says no matter how true, no matter how many groups, countries and organizations agree with what he says.

You will sell out Iraq not because its the right thing to do, but because it will make Bush look bad.

Would you consider no terrorist attacks since 9-11 a good thing?

Sure, now if we could only prove that Bush policies are the reason for such rather than, say, a total lack of another 9/11 type plan by OBL...

what ever happened to the mastermind behind 9/11 anyway?

Forum List

Back