An example

Well, after reading you two have your little pissing contest on who can be the least civil... I think I can say that you're both less informed than either of you believe yourselves to be and that you're both rabid partisans who have so wildly out-of-touch reality and fact that it would be very difficult to have a discussion with either of you.

His argument: "We all know Bush has cut veterans' benefits"
Your argument: "My benefits haven't been cut so you're FOS"

Is this what constitutes "debate" or "civil discourse" from military veterans? I find it to be a pretty sad commentary on us as a whole (and, yes, I'm in my 20th year of service right now...) if this is what the public sees when they see veterans "debate."

Maybe these folks are "Bush haters"? http://www.vfw.org/index.cfm?fa=news.newsDtl&did=1576

I mean, when you've got the National Commander-in-Chief of the VFW calling President Bush's VA budget request "despicable," "disgraceful," "inadequate," "a disgrace and a sham," "deplorable," "a shell game," "outrageous," and "disgraceful" all in one news release... I think there's probably something there. Might not be to the level of "Bush hates veterans"... but it's definitely something.

All the major veterans organizations have similar open-letters to the President regarding what they consider to be his Administrations' stingy budgeting in just about every year he's been president... but, why take the VFW, the DAV, AMVETS, and PVA's word for it... what the hell do they know, right?

More: http://www.amvets.org/HTML/news_you_can_use/release04-02.htm

Sure, now if we could only prove that Bush policies are the reason for such rather than, say, a total lack of another 9/11 type plan by OBL...

what ever happened to the mastermind behind 9/11 anyway?

He is stuck ( if really alive) living in caves and shacks in a part of Pakistan that is about 300 years in the past. His leaders keep being picked off, killed or captured and he can not go anywhere near real civilization for fear of the same.

So tell me, you were against invading iraq? Right? But we should invade an ally, Pakistan?

Sure, now if we could only prove that Bush policies are the reason for such rather than, say, a total lack of another 9/11 type plan by OBL...

what ever happened to the mastermind behind 9/11 anyway?

I figure he's hiding in a cave somewhere eating goat meat, wearing a diaper on his head and a dirty nightshirt...wishing he could see the light of day sometime in the future.

isn't that the type of environment he likes anyway? you know, roughing it like Mohammed?

Would you guess that he is totally incapable of developing another 9/11 type strategy from the freedom of his mountain cave?

He is stuck ( if really alive) living in caves and shacks in a part of Pakistan that is about 300 years in the past. His leaders keep being picked off, killed or captured and he can not go anywhere near real civilization for fear of the same.

So tell me, you were against invading iraq? Right? But we should invade an ally, Pakistan?

If Pakistan could not give me OBL while he is in their country? I'm suprised that you would give that much berth in light of 6000+ dead. Yes, I would give pakistan, at the VERY least, the same treatment you gave France if they balked at delivering OBL or would not let us into their country to do so.

Ill ask you the same thing.. Do you think his original plan for 9/11 was developed in the lap of luxery in some 7k/night jacuzzi filled hotel room? Isn't it the very same roaming of the wilderness what appeals to his zealot followers?

Im still suprised that you would give up on justice for OBL just because of pakistan but won't bat an eye at invading Iraq over a fabricated threat of phantom WMDs...

tsk tsk tsk.

Well, after reading you two have your little pissing contest on who can be the least civil... I think I can say that you're both less informed than either of you believe yourselves to be and that you're both rabid partisans who have so wildly out-of-touch reality and fact that it would be very difficult to have a discussion with either of you.

His argument: "We all know Bush has cut veterans' benefits"
Your argument: "My benefits haven't been cut so you're FOS"

Is this what constitutes "debate" or "civil discourse" from military veterans? I find it to be a pretty sad commentary on us as a whole (and, yes, I'm in my 20th year of service right now...) if this is what the public sees when they see veterans "debate."

Maybe these folks are "Bush haters"? http://www.vfw.org/index.cfm?fa=news.newsDtl&did=1576

I mean, when you've got the National Commander-in-Chief of the VFW calling President Bush's VA budget request "despicable," "disgraceful," "inadequate," "a disgrace and a sham," "deplorable," "a shell game," "outrageous," and "disgraceful" all in one news release... I think there's probably something there. Might not be to the level of "Bush hates veterans"... but it's definitely something.

All the major veterans organizations have similar open-letters to the President regarding what they consider to be his Administrations' stingy budgeting in just about every year he's been president... but, why take the VFW, the DAV, AMVETS, and PVA's word for it... what the hell do they know, right?

Yet you can not provide any evidence of any cuts? Can you? Everyone wants more, thats human nature. The specific claim is that Bush CUT funding. That is not true. Unless of course YOU can provide some evidence of that.

To be honest I do not support nor believe Veterans Affairs should even be a Cabinet position in the Executive.

There is a HUGE difference between an argument the President hasn't provide enough INCREASES and that he CUT services. if you can not see that, then I suggest the one lacking intelligence is not me.

The republicans are the ones pushing for new benefits, they have gotten a few passed as well. One in particular would be the ability of combat veterans to draw both VA compensation AND retired pay. Further they extended it to any retired member that served 20 years and now can draw retired and VA pay. I do not fall in either catagory, I was medically retired at 16 years and never served in combat.

So to end this, Psyco made a bullshit claim. Plain and simple. And now your aiding and abetting that claim.

Psycoblues or what ever is name is has made the claim that Bush has done things to harm the VA and the benefits that all that use it get. He has implied funding was cut and that benefits were cut under Bush. Now he has failed to provide one shred of evidence for this claim, except for a site that hates Bush. No links to budgets, no links to benefits before and after. Nothing.

Here is an exampe of how Bush is working "against" our veterans...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070919/ap_on_go_co/veterans_care
How about what his administration HASN'T done? ----for instance walter reed?

They changed the story so I posted the new version, which you would know if you had read them both.
yet they both have the same identical linkage. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

I also have not received either an appology or a retraction.

yet they both have the same identical linkage. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

I also have not received either an appology or a retraction.

Here let me spell it out S L O W L Y for you.... the story was changed. The first time I posted it it said one thing, then later they ADDED information and changed some, SO I reposted the now NEW story with the same link.

Is that slow enough for you?

Here let me add the following, since I have been told by the board Einstein in a previous thread these two sayings cover everything....

I say all the previous with all due respect to you.

AND

Nothing I said is really a personal attack on you.

There we go.

I would consider it a non-sequitur. There were 7 years between the two trade center bombings. And it's not like there haven't been plots, they were thwarted, as most terrorism is thwarted by intel and law enforcement.

Cheers...

I feel I know you better than what I infer here, so I'll say what I'm thinking, you are not trying to imply that 9/11 was just a breakdown on intel, that we should accept as the 'price of living' in the 21st C?

I feel I know you better than what I infer here, so I'll say what I'm thinking, you are not trying to imply that 9/11 was just a breakdown on intel, that we should accept as the 'price of living' in the 21st C?

That question should be bifurcated:

1. you are not trying to imply that 9/11 was just a breakdown on intel

There was no breakdown... we had the intel. We just lacked leaders willing to act on it. What else would you call a PDB that said Osama Bin Laden was determined to fly planes into buildings? And why do you think we had pictures of the hijackers within hours of the attack?

2. that we should accept as the 'price of living' in the 21st C?

No.

That question should be bifurcated:

1. you are not trying to imply that 9/11 was just a breakdown on intel

There was no breakdown... we had the intel. We just lacked leaders willing to act on it. What else would you call a PDB that said Osama Bin Laden was determined to fly planes into buildings? And why do you think we had pictures of the hijackers within hours of the attack?

2. that we should accept as the 'price of living' in the 21st C?

No.

Regarding #1, sorry that was inevitable with the wall created during the Clinton administration and the climate that had been created through several administrations, all interested in 'keeping the peace', at a price they thought affordable.

#2 we agree.

Thanks for clarifying.

Regarding #1, sorry that was inevitable with the wall created during the Clinton administration and the climate that had been created through several administrations, all interested in 'keeping the peace', at a price they thought affordable.

#2 we agree.

Thanks for clarifying.

As to 1. I disagree. Bush read the PDB...he didn't care because he was busy clearing brush in Crawford.

2. Cool...

As to 1. I disagree. Bush read the PDB...he didn't care because he was busy clearing brush in Crawford.

2. Cool...

Agree with 2, cool. As for one, how much more partisan can you get? The db did not have time(s) and place(s) and you know it. So do Reid and Pelosi.

Here let me spell it out S L O W L Y for you.... the story was changed. The first time I posted it it said one thing, then later they ADDED information and changed some, SO I reposted the now NEW story with the same link.

Is that slow enough for you?

Here let me add the following, since I have been told by the board Einstein in a previous thread these two sayings cover everything....

I say all the previous with all due respect to you.

AND

Nothing I said is really a personal attack on you.

There we go.
Your spelling it out at any speed does not impress me.

you did in fact, on a different thread refer to me by other than my listed tag, it was intended as insulting, and thus ,Retard ---Touche' reparte' I would say you were becoming a jackass, but in truth. You just can't improve on nature.

Your spelling it out at any speed does not impress me.

you did in fact, on a different thread refer to me by other than my listed tag, it was intended as insulting, and thus ,Retard ---Touche' reparte' I would say you were becoming a jackass, but in truth. You just can't improve on nature.

Being the retard I am, you will have ti link me to where I called you a name.

Agree with 2, cool. As for one, how much more partisan can you get? The db did not have time(s) and place(s) and you know it. So do Reid and Pelosi.

Partisan? Perhaps. Or perhaps I appear partisan because he's proven himself incapable. I don't complain about my republican mayor and didn't complain about my republican governor for, what was it, three terms? I also had a fondness for our republican senator prior to Schumer. So there ya go. But, no more partisan, I'd say than defending the indefensible.

Intel doesn't come with time(s) and place(s). You're actually supposed to pursue leads... but he didn't have his people do that. He hung out with Condi for a while and then stayed on vacation... more vacation days than any other president, btw. But I'm not complaining about that. I think he should stay on vacation all the time. ;)

Forum List

Back