An Example of How Past Government Policy Has Helped Whites Today

OP.....I'm curious.........can you answer please? It's all very related of course

These are your brothers and sisters .... GOD bless them! :clap:

I would like to know if this upsets you ...

View attachment 365558
You just got reported. This picture haa nothing to do with the topic.

White women have been given more from the government than anyone else. The are the number 1 beneficiary of Affirmative Action, food stamps, TANF, section 8 as well as SBA grants, points for being both a minority and female business even though white women are actually the majority. This is what government has done for people like skye, molly, tipsy, irosie, gracie, beautress, sassylassy, teri4trump and other white females. I guess when they dye their hair blond brain cells fry too. Because the civil rights that took them out of the kitchen was fought by blacks. Blacks died fighting for these things. Therefore when these right wing "ladies" start running their mouths, the truth reveals that they should be grateful to us for getting them out of the kitchen.

And most of you benefitted from it.

On June 22, 1944 President Roosevelt signed the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act, better known as the G.I. Bill. This law provided benefits for veterans returning from the second World War. Funds were paid for college tuition, low-cost home loans, and unemployment insurance. As in every other program during this time southern congressmen fought passage of these laws unless there were provisions that limited access to blacks. The G.I Bill was no different.

Democratic congressmen in the south fought against provisions of the GI Bill out of fear that returning black veterans might be able to use public support for their war effort to advocate against Jim Crow laws. Southern Democrats using the same tactics they used to make certain other policies in the New Deal helped as few Black people as possible, wanted benefits to be administered by the states. Mississippi Congressman John Rankin was the ringleader in that regard]. He and other Southern Democrats knew doing that would allow southern states to do what each state had been doing since the Civil Rights Cases. That would be states implementing policies full of loopholes and restrictions that would be enforced on blacks but not whites thereby ensuring the GI Bill would primarily benefit whites. Congress gave southern Democrats what they wanted.

Now before I have to hear you republicans sing that sad sorry lie about democrats, remember that republicans voted to give the southern democrats what they wanted. My father served in that war, he was from Louisiana and he did not get the benefits white soldiers got. This impacted my life and so when we speak about reparations, we're talking about policies like this and many others which came after slavery and do more so directly affect blacks living today.
Be stunning and brave

blycott.png

You guys loved this man not long ago.

Robert Johnson's Big Idea: $14 trillion in slavery reparations to African-Americans

Robert Johnson, the founder of Black Entertainment Television, says it's time America atones for slavery and systemic racism by paying African-Americans reparations to make them economically equal to white Americans.

Johnson, the first black billionaire in the United States, has put a price tag on the debt America owes to African-Americans at $14 trillion.

"Nobody talks about cash, but black people understand cash," Johnson told Fox News.

Under his proposal, an estimated 40 million African-Americans would get $350,000 in direct cash payments over 30 years (costing the average taxpayer roughly $2,900 a year, according to his office). The $350,000 would signify the wealth disparity between African-Americans and white Americans.

To say this is controversial is an understatement. Some Democratic lawmakers have warmed to the discussion, but often in the form of commissions and other partial measures. A Fox News poll last year found most Americans are opposed to cash reparations. And with the government already spending trillions on coronavirus relief and the national debt pushing past $26 trillion, concerns about the country's fiscal stability would pose an obvious hurdle.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said last year of the idea: "I think we're always a work in progress in this country, but no one currently alive was responsible for that, and I don't think we should be trying to figure out how to compensate for it."

Johnson contends white Americans built generations of wealth on the backs of slave labor, and black people will never be able to catch up in wealth unless they are paid this debt.

"You want a big idea: white America, what would happen if you said, 'please forgive us and accept our apology. And by the way, we think we owe you what was taken from you for over 300 years of slavery, Jim Crow, segregation and denial of economic opportunity and rights," Johnson said.

Now I want to see one of you whites tell me how this man is blaming whitey for his failures.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:
Wonder when black America is going to repay American Indians it helped oppress.
"White America" is never going to be sorry for crimes it did not commit and is instead angered by black attempts to intimidate and coerce.
Johnson was denied equal opportunity and/or rights? I don't think so. Nor do I think anybody is trying to stop him from giving any part of his money to whomever he likes.
If you believe there is, or should be, a black and/or white America you are a self-evident racist.

White women have been given more from the government than anyone else. The are the number 1 beneficiary of Affirmative Action, food stamps, TANF, section 8 as well as SBA grants, points for being both a minority and female business even though white women are actually the majority. This is what government has done for people like skye, molly, tipsy, irosie, gracie, beautress, sassylassy, teri4trump and other white females. I guess when they dye their hair blond brain cells fry too. Because the civil rights that took them out of the kitchen was fought by blacks. Blacks died fighting for these things. Therefore when these right wing "ladies" start running their mouths, the truth reveals that they should be grateful to us for getting them out of the kitchen.
You are so full of shit. AA in no way benefitted me. You think women got special provisions because they were finally not denied opportunities? So blacks also benefitted the most because they a
had the rights too,? Stop with your stupid posts against whites. By the way, you chauvinist asshole, YOU didn't get anyone out if the kitchen. Considering you have the same rights and opportunities that I have, how dare you ASSume whites today are benefitting form the past. Unless their families decended from wealthy slave owners, your remarks are moot.

Racial Preferences for Whites: The Houses That Racism Built
BY LARRY ADELMAN

Thirteen years ago, my parents sold the house I grew up in. It was one of those suburban tract homes that sprouted across the nation after World War II. Our home was pleasant if undistinguished. It wasn't one of Malvina Reynolds' "little boxes made of ticky tacky" - based on a drive the singer took past Daly City, CA in the '50s. It was a ranch house on a curving, leafy street in Merrick, Long Island, 25 miles east of Manhattan, about five miles from its more famous suburban neighbor, Levittown.

After turning 65, my father wasted no time retiring. He'd purchased our house back in 1952 for $20,000 thanks to a 4 percent mortgage made possible by the Veterans Administration. Now he was considering an offer of $300,000. With the money they'd get a place in the Berkshires and winter in Florida.

Ten years later, my colleague here at California Newsreel, Cornelius, sold the house he grew up in. Cornelius' folks had also purchased a place in the early '50s in Chester, just outside Philadelphia. A few years ago, after Cornelius' father passed away, his mother wanted to move back to Virginia. Cornelius sold the home in 2000 - for $29,500.

That $270,500 gap reveals a microcosm of race in America. My family is white and Cornelius' is black.

Houses in bad neighborhoods are worth less. Weird, eh?
Except there was no basis to claim the neighborhood was bad, nor did the writer make the racist assumption you just did.

Except there was no basis to claim the neighborhood was bad,

Sure there was.

As of Census 2010, the racial makeup of the city was 74.7% African American, 17.2% White, 9.0% Hispanic or Latino of any race, 0.6% Asian, 0.4% Native American, 0.1% Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander, 3.9% from other races, and 3.0% from two or more races.

View attachment 365272

View attachment 365273

And most importantly......

Cornelius' folks had also purchased a place in the early '50s in Chester, just outside Philadelphia. A few years ago, after Cornelius' father passed away, his mother wanted to move back to Virginia. Cornelius sold the home in 2000 - for $29,500.
Like I said there was no basis.

If you have a home in a crime infested neighborhood, it's going to sell for less........

View attachment 365537

Clearly.
Yawn! Keep looking for excuses. We know what redlining has done. I know that the claim of black communities being bad is baseless, especially when more crime/addiction/alcoholism happens in white communities.

We know what redlining has done.

Caused Chester's crime rate to be higher than 97.8% of all US cities?

I know that the claim of black communities being bad is baseless,

Absolutely. This 74% black, high-crime community can in no way be called bad.

It's funny how whites hear love telling us about all the free stuff they imagine we've received from the government but they get a case of the butthurt I didn't own, I didn't benefit, bu, bu, bu but black crime syndrome when it's show how much more free stuff they have been given.

Racial Preferences for Whites: The Houses That Racism Built
BY LARRY ADELMAN

Thirteen years ago, my parents sold the house I grew up in. It was one of those suburban tract homes that sprouted across the nation after World War II. Our home was pleasant if undistinguished. It wasn't one of Malvina Reynolds' "little boxes made of ticky tacky" - based on a drive the singer took past Daly City, CA in the '50s. It was a ranch house on a curving, leafy street in Merrick, Long Island, 25 miles east of Manhattan, about five miles from its more famous suburban neighbor, Levittown.

After turning 65, my father wasted no time retiring. He'd purchased our house back in 1952 for $20,000 thanks to a 4 percent mortgage made possible by the Veterans Administration. Now he was considering an offer of $300,000. With the money they'd get a place in the Berkshires and winter in Florida.

Ten years later, my colleague here at California Newsreel, Cornelius, sold the house he grew up in. Cornelius' folks had also purchased a place in the early '50s in Chester, just outside Philadelphia. A few years ago, after Cornelius' father passed away, his mother wanted to move back to Virginia. Cornelius sold the home in 2000 - for $29,500.

That $270,500 gap reveals a microcosm of race in America. My family is white and Cornelius' is black.

Houses in bad neighborhoods are worth less. Weird, eh?
Except there was no basis to claim the neighborhood was bad, nor did the writer make the racist assumption you just did.

Except there was no basis to claim the neighborhood was bad,

Sure there was.

As of Census 2010, the racial makeup of the city was 74.7% African American, 17.2% White, 9.0% Hispanic or Latino of any race, 0.6% Asian, 0.4% Native American, 0.1% Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander, 3.9% from other races, and 3.0% from two or more races.

View attachment 365272

View attachment 365273

And most importantly......

Cornelius' folks had also purchased a place in the early '50s in Chester, just outside Philadelphia. A few years ago, after Cornelius' father passed away, his mother wanted to move back to Virginia. Cornelius sold the home in 2000 - for $29,500.
Like I said there was no basis.

If you have a home in a crime infested neighborhood, it's going to sell for less........

View attachment 365537

Clearly.
Yawn! Keep looking for excuses. We know what redlining has done. I know that the claim of black communities being bad is baseless, especially when more crime/addiction/alcoholism happens in white communities.
Baseless claims black communities are bad?

I’ve asked your worthless racist ass several times to name the white neighborhood anywhere in America where white thugs routinely gun one another down in the streets, but for a well-known reason you’ve never responded.

Forum List

Back