An Eagles (NFL) Dungeon

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a sports-culture parable inspired by Jerry Maguire, and I wrote it since Super Bowl 52 is approaching (this Sunday!), and I'm an Eagles fan (I lived in Philadelphia for five years).

Signing off (GO EAGLES!),

eagle.jpg

====

A student at UPenn (University of Pennsylvania), a prestigious Ivy League school in Philadelphia (the City of Brotherly Love) named Aman (an African-American student) was very anxious about the upcoming Super Bowl matchup between the seemingly-indomitable New England Patriots and the underdog Philadelphia Eagles. Aman was a big Eagles fan (having grown up in the Philly area) and placed a huge bet that the underdog Eagles would pull off an upset-victory in the Super Bowl. Aman needed the gambling prize-money to pay for tuition, since his scholarship was reduced after he went on academic probation in his sophomore year at UPenn.

u1.jpg

Aman decided to start working for the Philadelphia Cream Cheese manufacturing/marketing division of Kraft (food company) to start amassing funds in case the underdog Eagles lost the Super Bowl. Most sports-writers believed Tom Brady's Patriots would be too much for the struggling Eagles who had already lost their starting QB to a season-ending injury. Aman decided his salary from his Philadelphia Cream Cheese company-office would complement his goal to raise enough funds to cover his tuition-costs after his scholarship reduction in his junior year. Aman was a psychology student at UPenn and was a big fan of Philly-area sports (e.g., Temple basketball, Penn State football, 76ers, Phillies).

u2.jpg

Years later, Aman was a prosperous married-man working as a corporate lawyer in Philadelphia. Aman had three lovely children and had married his Hawaiian girlfriend (Elyssa) from UPenn. Elyssa wanted to know how Aman paid for his tuition after his scholarship at UPenn was reduced during his sophomore year, but Aman kept that information a secret. Aman was now a huge Eagles fan and would take his family dressed up in Eagles-cheer gear to most of the NFL season games in Philadelphia. Of course, Aman was also a big fan of Philadelphia Cream Cheese and had Elyssa make sandwiches to take to the game (to eat in the parking lot before the game).

u3.jpg

Aman was in church on a Sunday (alone), praying to God and thanking him for helping him pay for UPenn tuition and completing his college education and obtaining a degree on time, enabling him to eventually become a successful lawyer and settle down in the City of Brotherly Love (Philadelphia). Aman was very grateful and felt like everything was going well in his life. Suddenly, Aman realized God was talking to him (at the church!). God wanted to know how Aman felt about how his tuition was covered and how he felt being a married working man in the City of Brotherly Love. Aman realized God wanted to ask him about his Super Bowl gamble.

u4.jpg

GOD: You must be very 'satisfied.'
AMAN: I truly am, God. Thanks.
GOD: You're married, working, and raising children.
AMAN: Philadelphia is my home and my haven...
GOD: Good. You did well in college!
AMAN: Yes, then I got my law degree and married Elyssa.
GOD: Awesome, Aman! This was all made possible because of your tuition-coverage.
AMAN: Indeed. I amassed the necessary funds to pay for my education.
GOD: You had to do everything yourself after your parents were killed.
AMAN: They died in a car-accident when I was in high-school.
GOD: You really picked yourself up and made your life bright!
AMAN: Thanks, God. So what did you want to ask me?
GOD: What happened with your Super Bowl gamble?
AMAN: Well, the Patriots defeated the Eagles in Super Bowl 39 [2005].
GOD: Right, but what about Super Bowl 52 [2018]?
AMAN: Yes, it was Super Bowl 52 that I won all that money!
GOD: So the underdog Eagles won, avenged their loss in Super Bowl 39, and you won!
AMAN: I have an upcoming Philly case involving an eco-pollution suit; at least Tom Brady lost.

====

:dance:

Ah, a happy ending. Sweet.

It's important the audience leaves the theater feeling good.

Forum List

Back