An asteroid big enough to destroy New York just missed earth and even NASA didn't notice

An asteroid big enough to destroy New York just missed Earth and even NASA didn’t notice
An asteroid that had the potential to wreak havoc on Earth recently whizzed passed us and space boffins had no idea it was coming. The asteroid, known as 2017 VL2, shot by Earth on November 9 and experts did not find out about it until a day later. The space rock flew by just 73,000 miles from our planet – which is a third of the distance between Earth and the moon. Experts believe the asteroid is between 16 and 32 meters long, and if it hit Earth, it would have had the potential to flatten a city such as New York.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 164865

An asteroid big enough to destroy New York just missed Earth and even NASA didn't notice
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See we would all be dam dead if we relied on gov. bs to warn us LOL............... They aren't gonna save your asses and even if they knew it was coming they'd usher off all those political fks first and the slaves last. If at all.

What, are you going to survive an asteroid strike because you don't rely on the government? :lol:

I was saying that because most of you Trump haters rely on the Government to tell you what to do and how to act and oh yes KEEP YOU ALL SAFE............... Gawd that went right the fk over your head.
Steph, what private company are you relying on to track and divert an asteroid?

Steph wtf is Steph. LOL.................. damn if I know you find the company , maybe you can stick Obama's skinny ass on a missile and he can check it out we can leave his pathetic ass up there while we're at it right along with Clinton. To ass hats.

An asteroid big enough to destroy New York just missed Earth and even NASA didn’t notice
An asteroid that had the potential to wreak havoc on Earth recently whizzed passed us and space boffins had no idea it was coming. The asteroid, known as 2017 VL2, shot by Earth on November 9 and experts did not find out about it until a day later. The space rock flew by just 73,000 miles from our planet – which is a third of the distance between Earth and the moon. Experts believe the asteroid is between 16 and 32 meters long, and if it hit Earth, it would have had the potential to flatten a city such as New York.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 164865

An asteroid big enough to destroy New York just missed Earth and even NASA didn't notice
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See we would all be dam dead if we relied on gov. bs to warn us LOL............... They aren't gonna save your asses and even if they knew it was coming they'd usher off all those political fks first and the slaves last. If at all.

What, are you going to survive an asteroid strike because you don't rely on the government? :lol:

I was saying that because most of you Trump haters rely on the Government to tell you what to do and how to act and oh yes KEEP YOU ALL SAFE............... Gawd that went right the fk over your head.

Again, WTF does that have to do with an asteroid potentially striking Earth? If I did not rely on government to warn me, how would I be safe from an asteroid?

Your post didn't go over my head, it was just foolish. ;)

Too late now. After Obama defunded NASA, their best and brightest went to look for work somewhere else. NASA doesn't have time for asteroids now, they're too busy trying to figure out how to put the first Muslim in outer space.
Yeah. The Muslims who developed our space program had to find new work, running convenience stores in black neighborhoods. Damn Obama!

Planetary Defense Frequently Asked Questions

How good are we at finding and tracking NEOs?
Over 2015-2016, observers discovered more than 1500 previously unknown NEOs each year. Roughly half of the known catalogue of NEOs are objects larger than about 460 feet (140 meters) in size. The estimated population of NEOs of this size is about 25,000. Current surveys are finding NEOs of this size at a rate of about 500 per year.

The 460-foot cutoff point was established by a NASA NEO survey science definition team (SDT) in 2003. The SDT determined that impacts from objects of that size would only produce regional effects, while larger objects would have corresponding wider effects such as large sub-global effects from impacts of a 984-foot (300-meter) object and global effects from 0.6 mile (1-kilometer) object impacts. In 2016, NASA appointed a new NEO survey SDT to reevaluate this cutoff point in light of research conducted and events occurring since 2003. The new SDT’s recommendations should be available in 2017.

Ground-based telescopes alone have limitations - for instance, they can only survey the skies at night and in clear skies. Based on statistical population estimates, about 74 percent of NEOs larger than 460 feet still remain to be discover

I was praying hard for one to hit capital hill. Maybe Wong Ding Il will get his missiles straightened out. Be Opto~mystic !

An asteroid detection system needs to be massively improved and our military should be focused on the defense of this planet from the very real risk of asteroids.

WTF is the point of 700 billion per year if it isn't to defend this nation? Wtf are you talking about the private sector for? Are you fucking on drugs??? Why have all these missiles and capabilities in our military and not use them for this kind of a risk.

Too late now. After Obama defunded NASA, their best and brightest went to look for work somewhere else. NASA doesn't have time for asteroids now, they're too busy trying to figure out how to put the first Muslim in outer space.
Wow. Holy shit. A window into the conservative mind. :cuckoo:

What's so crazy about nuking an asteroid that is about to hit Earth when Elon Musk wanted to nuke Mars to melt ice for water?
Depends on the size of the asteroid and it's composition. You could actually make the situation worse.

NASA doesn't care about space exploration any more, since Obama all they care about is climate change.
NASA: Climate Change and Global Warming
What a sad sack liar you are. The Mars explorers are still running and sending back data, we are even getting data back from the original Voyager. And, yes, we do have a lot of Earth observing satellites, and need more. Those satellites have saved countless lives from the reporting of rapidly changing weather alone. Ignorant asses like you just flap yap with zero knowledge of anything.

An asteroid detection system needs to be massively improved and our military should be focused on the defense of this planet from the very real risk of asteroids.

WTF is the point of 700 billion per year if it isn't to defend this nation? Wtf are you talking about the private sector for? Are you fucking on drugs??? Why have all these missiles and capabilities in our military and not use them for this kind of a risk.

Wow. Holy shit. A window into the conservative mind. :cuckoo:

What's so crazy about nuking an asteroid that is about to hit Earth when Elon Musk wanted to nuke Mars to melt ice for water?
Depends on the size of the asteroid and it's composition. You could actually make the situation worse.

Apparently some people this forum didn't watch Armageddon. smh

i think they did notice..it was 6.5 million miles away and widely reported....

I think that was a different one, some leftist liberal made up that bs information article lol, saying they noticed it.

There were two incoming they didn't notice this one and actually they probably did , they were just hiding in their own bunkers while the slaves roamed around like stupid asses not having a clue.

i think they did notice..it was 6.5 million miles away and widely reported....

I think that was a different one, some leftist liberal made up that bs information article lol, saying they noticed it.

There were two incoming they didn't notice this one and actually they probably did , they were just hiding in their own bunkers while the slaves roamed around like stupid asses not having a clue.
How would it help them to keep it quiet? Dont they like having "slaves"? You seem to lack any logic or critical thinking skills.

An Asshole dumb enough to destroy this country was just elected President & NASA can't say anything because it was defunded.

How many cities in history have been wiped out by comets, or asteroids? Get back to me when I should worry...

An Asshole dumb enough to destroy this country was just elected President & NASA can't say anything because it was defunded.
NASA was defunded by Obama.

>>RD: An Asshole dumb enough to destroy this country was just elected President & NASA can't say anything because it was defunded.

G: NASA was defunded by Obama.<<

Ha ha. He was right for the most part except it was the dumb basturd elected in 2008.

NASA was defunded by Obama.

>>RD: An Asshole dumb enough to destroy this country was just elected President & NASA can't say anything because it was defunded.

G: NASA was defunded by Obama.<<

Ha ha. He was right for the most part except it was the dumb basturd elected in 2008.
  • FY 2017 - $19.2 billion. President Obama requested $18.3 billion.
  • FY 2016 - $19.3 billion. Obama requested $18.5 billion. Congress allocated more.
  • FY 2015 - $18.0 billion.
  • FY 2014 - $17.6 billion.
  • FY 2013 - $16.9 billion. Obama requested $17.7 billion. All programs were cut to comply with sequestration.
  • FY 2012 - $17.8 billion appropriated by Congress. President Obama requested $18.7 billion.
  • FY 2011 - $18.4 billion. Obama requested $19 billion.
  • FY 2010 - $18.7 billion.
  • FY 2009 - $18.8 billion. One billion came from ARRA funding. President Bush requested $17.6 billion.
  • FY 2008 - $17.1 billion. Bush requested $17.3 billion. Congress cut programs in response to the financial crisis.
So, Fuckhead, who ran the House for 6 out of 8 of those years Obama wanted more & your GD stupid asshole party said no.

Forum List

Back