An Answer To Tea Parties, "Why Now?"

I don’t understand this “tea party” thing. First of all, the original tea party was a protest concerning “taxation without representation’. We have representation. Obama was elected.
We don't have representation. The only group that has representation are the special interest groups

That's life in a democracy. Until Jan 09 only the rich and religious had representation.

What's amusing is that you think it's 'changed'. :lol: What favors did the 'religious' pay for?

The numbers are beside the point.

It was obvious that the tea parties were something that came out of the right wing political machine, being promoted by Fox News and the right wing radio echo chamber.

No one but the promoters think this was a significant event.

I suppose you got your info from CNN or MSNBC.

I attended one of those tea parties and believe me it wasn't attended by rich far right wingers. These were ordinary middle class people, most with their kids in tow. My sister...who voted dem was there as was my mother who has never been to a rally before in her life.

I don't know if the tea parties are going to be successful in getting the gov. to pay attention to fiscal responsibility, but I hope so. If people continue these protests they will be harder and harder to ignore.

As for your other post. I know that under Obama's plan I will get a tax break. That isn't why people were out in force that day. They are there because this gov. (Bush included) is burying us under a mountain of debt and they need to learn to STAY WITHIN THEIR BUDGET, just like they expect the American public to do.

If you would show some contempt for the people holding signs the say shit like " Obama is a Kenyan" , "Obama is Hitler", "Tea bag democrats berfore they tea bag you" and the like I might believe you.

If just one of those signs blamed Bush for the mess he left Obama I might believe you.

They didnt and now you guys want to change the numbers who attended and what the people at them said.

I wont let the truth get burried under propaganda

Hold it--the protests are about Government bailouts and questionable spending policies.

How is this statement the reason why they decided to come out:

As long as the federal government is doing the one job of protecting our national security and standing up for us in the face of the world's sleights, we will take a great deal of folderol from our elected officials. We will suffer the profligate spending and invasions on our personal freedoms when we - at the very least - believe our leaders are stridently bent on protecting our interests and our children from harm.

I am starting to wonder if Right-wingers understand what they are protesting now. It seems like the different factions to my right are trying to catch the spirit of the demonstrations and use it for their own will. I really think the right should sit down and listen to the conservatives that out in the streets!! Borders are part of it, but that is more in terms of immigration and fear of an eroding American Culture--NOT NATIONAL DEFENSE

Amazing how the Repubs think that after eight years of enabling the most wasteful of borrow and spend policies they can suddenly change their stripes.

Only the most uninformed believe the tea parties were anything other than a political event orchestrated by elements of the Repub Party.

They have started to inflate the numbers.

I was told today by a righty that a million people attended these things.

It was no where near that amount in any account I have seen.

The next one is 4th of July.

They will walk next to Americans celebrating the 4th and claim them as protestors , just watch.

Amazing how the Repubs think that after eight years of enabling the most wasteful of borrow and spend policies they can suddenly change their stripes.

Amazing how the Dems think that after eight years of bitching and screaming about the most wasteful of borrow and spend policies they can suddenly change their stripes and defend Obama when he doubles those wasteful borrow and spend policies.

Amazing how the Dems think that after eight years of bitching and screaming about the most wasteful of borrow and spend policies they can suddenly change their stripes and defend Obama when he doubles those wasteful borrow and spend policies.

And why did he do it?

Because hes trying to save us from the MESS your team made while in office.

You can argue the tact is wrong and wont work but to just claim hes doing ot for no reason is the kind of crap that will keep your party dead.

Saving the American economy from depression is waseful?

Investing in the things required to lay the foundation for sustainable growth is wasteful?

You've got to come up with something other than simple contradiction.

it's gratifying to know such a "minute" amount of publicans can get you lefties in such a twist! and then to find out we did it dead? amazing,, truly amazing..:lol::eusa_pray:

Its the lying about it that I am keeping it alive for willow.

I am trying to keep the reality of it in peoples minds so that when the republicans leadership try and say it was attended by millions in a couple of months (and they will) that the record will be straight on how small it really was.

That is why they are doing the next one on 4th of july, they can pad their numbers of attendance by claiming surrounding crowds of people who are celebrating the 4th.

Its the lying about it that I am keeping it alive for willow.

I am trying to keep the reality of it in peoples minds so that when the republicans leadership try and say it was attended by millions in a couple of months (and they will) that the record will be straight on how small it really was.

That is why they are doing the next one on 4th of july, they can pad their numbers of attendance by claiming surrounding crowds of people who are celebrating the 4th.

well, if there's one thing you're good for, it's lying.

KUDOS! To all of those who attended the Tea Party demonstrations!! Let the left-wingers stew and burn for awhile. Love to see those misguided loonies squirm.

Stew, burn, squirm?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't you mean, laugh? It was a silly piece of amusement for us liberals.

April 15 was the date of the largest number of tea parties, with demonstrations reported to be occurring in more than 750 cities. Actual numbers of protesters varied from location to location. Statistican and liberal political activist Nate Silver reported cumulative crowd size from various newspapers to be around 311,460 for 346 cities. Christian Science Monitor has stated that "By some estimates, over half a million Americans took to the streets", which would make the protests the largest since March 25, 2006, where 750,000 protested in support of rights and protections for immigrants. It also stated that "Critics doubt the higher estimates of the turnout, and say the numbers represent the extreme right rather than a burgeoning political counterpoint to President Obama and current Washington policies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_protests#Turnout

All in all, it was a quaint little diversion from the mundane. Thanks.

Last edited:
Ahhh bobo, so you " schooled " this guy with all of your original "it's Bush's and the bankers faults" thoughts, fuckin sooper ..........

Did you know that on the original $350 billion, for every $100 we gave, we only got $66 in stock? DID YOU KNOW THAT? That was under Paulson's no oversite rules. We were just supposed to trust them. :cuckoo:

Ok, so now that you know Bush/Paulson and the GOP from 2000-2006 fucked us all, now let us watch and see how Obama treats the second $350 billion. Bet he won't be so irresponsible with it.

So you say we shouldn't give the bankers anything? I agree, but you can't just let them fail. The government would have to take them over. Its complicated, and you know it. Neither you or I have all the answers.

Actually, I do know Paulson screwed us. I don't rely on Rush, Hannity, etc. for all of my info. I am open to other sources. Are you?

Forum List

Back