An Answer To Tea Parties, "Why Now?"

They dont want to stigmatize the other bamks who cant pay it back yet.

:lol: :lol: Are you for real????? Holy hell, that is the most ridiculous thing I've heard come out of a liberal's mouth, and that's saying something. How can anyone be so stupid?

It is the truth.

You are not a very good judge of anything considering your support for politicains who nearly killed the coutnry.

Hey T-matters.

I have to agree, that is too funny to be believe to be the reason on why the banks are not allowed to give back the money. If anything, it is too hold the banks(that can pay back) over a hole.

If there are banks ready to return the money, and the government is refusing it, it has to do with the agreement to allowing the banks obtain the money in the first place. Maybe the banks realized that the consequences are steeper than they want. Or that the Government added new restrictions to or requested favors from the banks. In any case, the banks that did not need the funds should not have touched the funds. I truly do not feel sorry for them.

Last edited:
These morons don't think things thru that far. They are just spewing Rush talking points.

The new one is, "we shouldn't think of bankruptsy as failure, think of it as transparency"....

Had to delete much, too many bad words, won't go through filters...

I've heard that they are trying to return it and it's not being accepted. The Obama administration apparently likes the power and control too much to take the money back. I haven't researched this, so I'm not sure of the details or the accuracy.

Indeed, Congress wanted to know just that this morning. Geithner admitted both the banks being forced to take the money and the general refusal of gov't to take it back. Meanwhile, they are demanding foisting more on them, taking preferred stock and trading it for common. Our government, holding voting stock in the financial system of US. Talking on Sunday news shows that some banks may have trouble with the stress test they made up. Throwing the markets back into chaos once again.

Yes, I heard the exact same thing, but I haven't seen any reports on it. How surprising is it that the media is not covering this, it should be front page news today. I hope someone in D.C. is going to put a stop to this. It's funny how everyone is bickering on these boards about 'R' and 'D', while they're up in Washington dismantling our country bit by bit without anyone paying any attention. Everyone should be completely angry about this and calling their local representatives on it.

:lol: :lol: Are you for real????? Holy hell, that is the most ridiculous thing I've heard come out of a liberal's mouth, and that's saying something. How can anyone be so stupid?

It is the truth.

You are not a very good judge of anything considering your support for politicains who nearly killed the coutnry.

Hey T-matters.

I have to agree, that is too funny to be believe to be the reason on why the banks are not allowed to give back the money. If anything, it is too hold the banks(that can pay back) over a hole.

If there are banks ready to return the money, and the government is refusing it, it has to do with the agreement to allowing the banks obtain the money in the first place. Maybe the banks realized that the consequences are steeper than they want. Or that the Government added new restrictions to or requested favors from the banks. In any case, the banks that did not need the funds should not have touched the funds. I truly do not feel sorry for them.

Do you even have any clue what kind of power this gives the federal government? Are you that naive and uneducated? Regardless of your political affiliation, you should be angry over this blatant power grab. Shameless.

It is the truth.

Hey T-matters.

Do you even have any clue what kind of power this gives the federal government? Are you that naive and uneducated? Regardless of your political affiliation, you should be angry over this blatant power grab. Shameless.

Naive is what you are.

Take a loan from the government and not expect conditions. You are kidding right? Worst than the mafia!!

Hey T-matters.

Naive is what you are.

Take a loan from the government and not expect conditions. You are kidding right? Worst than the mafia!!

Why don't you explain to us why it is in our, the taxpayers, best interests to not take back our money that was loaned out unethically to begin with? What possible legitimate reason would the government have for not taking the money back and quit nationalizing the banks?

really??????????

the banks arent trying to give back all that money?
WOW
its been in all the fucking news bitch
you are one of the least informed people on this forum

It is not being returned , you said the banks were returning it.

They are not.
they want to

but the fuckers in the obama administration arent letting them cause they love the power it gives them
Tis true. For if they return it, how can Obama control those banks?

If we moved, the entire productive economy would go with us. How would you run all of your soclialistic programs without any money? :lol:

I guess they're hoping that the only people making over 250K will stay in this country to support them.

They voted for it--they got it!

Last edited:
Almost all the increase in military spending came in the first two years and the so called star wars system was in reality chump change given the over all budget. The military spending still lagged far behind the remainder of budgetary items which was more than 70% of the total.

Naive is what you are.

Why don't you explain to us why it is in our, the taxpayers, best interests to not take back our money that was loaned out unethically to begin with? What possible legitimate reason would the government have for not taking the money back and quit nationalizing the banks?

If you ask "In the politicians interests" I could answer you easily. In fact, I gave you several more logical reasons why the banks may not be allowed to pay back. It is possible that the government is interested in nationalizing them as well. Not a far right conspiracy, but an actual possibility when the credit crisis first erupted.

Now to say "In the tax payers interests" like we are actually going to recieve that money and put it back into our....I do not know how to answer that one. All we do is choose who makes the decisions around here. Any benefit we derive from it is more like a trinkle, if not all out lies to make us go "hmmm, that is nice!!"

Last edited:
Naive is what you are.

If you ask "In the politicians interests" I could answer you easily. In fact, I gave you several more logical reasons why the banks may not be allowed to pay back. It is possible that the government is interested in nationalizing them as well. Not a far right conspiracy, but an actual possibility when the credit crisis first erupted.

Now to say "In the tax payers interests" like we are actually going to recieve that money and put it back into our....I do not know how to answer that one. All we do is choose who makes the decisions around here. Any benefit we derive from it is more like a trinkle, if not all out lies to make us go "hmmm, that is nice!!"

and there in lies the problem
that is NOT a constiututional role for the government

and there in lies the problem
that is NOT a constiututional role for the government

That's what I was trying to get at, how in the hell do they get away with refusing to accept the money back as a means of control and an obvious and blatant power grab. This is out of control.

Forum List

Back