An Alabama Pastor's Epic Speech against Gay Marriage (Please finish drinking your beverage first)

Now I will start off by saying that his views don't necessarily reflect mine, so save the "you're a bigot" or "you're a homophobe", "or where in the Bible does it say this, that or the other thing" posts. But you must admire the gall and the guts of a Birmingham Pastor named Cedric Hatcher for absolutely taking a taking a Town Hall meeting by storm, throwing political correctness to the wind to voice his mind on the topic of homosexuality.

I tell you what, hoss, Duracell didn't have no batteries on the shelf that morning.

"I know Alabama pay [sic] a lotta money yesterday. I know somebody else who paid a lotta money too: Duracell ain't got no batteries on the shelf this morning. All 'them batteries gone. I tried to find a battery for my radio this morning, couldn't find there [sic] nowhere. I said, "what happened?" They said, "Rev, them done bought all the batteries last night, they celebrated some kind of way, just bought all the batteries." I don't know what they do to batteries, but I mo preach.. I ain't going there. I don't know what they did with all them batteries."

-2:19 through 2:45

:clap: Too bad USMB doesn't have a standing Ovation avie - I'd use it for this one. I greatly applause this man for standing up, speaking up for the Word of God and speaking out against the sin of homosexuality in this land! Bravo!

Don't get side tracked with the comment on batteries - this was a sound rebuke and I must thank you for posting this video - I will have to send this video out mass email tonight. It's wonderful! I'm totally in agreement with this man - I'd be happy to stand with him in the center of city hall and cheer him on - I'd even join him for rebuking the Pastors who were silent the day before - which he mentions in his address - America has become Sodom and Gomorrah and is under the judgment of God for the sins he mentioned. Read Romans 1, People. He's right. 100% I give him an A plus. (I thought he should have stayed until they physically threw him out - he should have kept going - I don't believe the LORD was finished with the delivery of that rebuke!) Still - I give him an A Plus. Most definitely.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
So...he likes to watch.

He didn't have a choice. So, should he have to change the way he had to travel simply because of men kissing each other clean on the mouth? There were no doubt other bystanders who had no choice, they saw it whether they wanted to or not.

If he doesn't want to see men kissing, then he has two choices.

Never go anywhere where gay men might be, or keep his eyes closed firmly all the time.

It's his problem, not the men kissing's.

LOL @ gender identity, it's not rocket science, look down if you have a dangly bit you're a dude, don't have one you're a dudette

Christians need to get a grip. Fagots are here to stay, get used to it.

Christians are here to stay, too. Gay people must get used to that fact as well.
To be fair I don't hear fags bitching about christians or their lifestyles. Can't say the same thing from the opposite perspective

But, I hear them trying to justify their lifestyles with the Bible, while calling Christians bigots and homophobes in the same breath. So, how can one side complain about the religious oppression of their lifestyles while criticizing their beliefs in the same manner?

Those two things aren't contradictory.

They are. If a gay person wants Christians to accept his lifestyle, he must strive to accept theirs. Otherwise, there will always be hatred between the two.

First, a gay person calls a Christian a bigot and a homophobe for being against their way of life. Then, they try to use the Bible to justify it. Next, they then ridicule the Christian for his beliefs and his way of life. So, how is that not contradictory?

You don't seem to understand the dynamics in play here. You're trying to warp the conversation into making gay people into "bigots" against Christianity, and that position isn't supported by reality.

When was the last time a gay person tried to make it illegal for Christians to get married?

Jesus Christ, dude. You're building quite the persecution complex aren't you. I didn't "play" any card against you, I responded to a thread you started. That's the point of a message board. I didn't call you "hateful". If you don't want people to respond, then you shouldn't start the thread.

Please read again. You said the pastor's comments were hateful, alas saying he was hateful. I've had many liberals today use hatred as an argument, not necessarily calling me hateful in the process. Go read the threads about Rudy Giuliani if you don't believe me.

And I do want people to respond, or I would have never posted this thread to begin with. Putting it out there kind of says "hey come comment on this thread!" does it not?

He's "hateful" because the opinion that he is expressing is hate - and I compared him to the Westboro fuckheads because from my perspective, this guys "gall" that you admire so much is indistinguishable from the "gall" of the Westboro fuckheads.

So, why is it anyone who doesn't agree with or has a problem with men in size 13 or 14 shoes kissing each other on the mouth on the streets suddenly hateful? I oppose gay marriage as a personal opinion, but that has no bearing on my belief the people should be treated equally under the law. And that's just it, from your perspective. There are many more you are failing to consider.

Jesus Christ, dude. You're building quite the persecution complex aren't you. I didn't "play" any card against you, I responded to a thread you started. That's the point of a message board. I didn't call you "hateful". If you don't want people to respond, then you shouldn't start the thread.

Please read again. You said the pastor's comments were hateful, alas saying he was hateful. I've had many liberals today use hatred as an argument, not necessarily calling me hateful in the process. Go read the threads about Rudy Giuliani if you don't believe me.

And I do want people to respond, or I would have never posted this thread to begin with. Putting it out there kind of says "hey come comment on this thread!" does it not?

He's "hateful" because the opinion that he is expressing is hate - and I compared him to the Westboro fuckheads because from my perspective, this guys "gall" that you admire so much is indistinguishable from the "gall" of the Westboro fuckheads.

So, why is it anyone who doesn't agree with or has a problem with men in size 13 or 14 shoes kissing each other on the mouth suddenly hateful? I oppose gay marriage as a personal opinion, but that has no bearing on my belief the people should be treated equally under the law. And that's just it, from your perspective. There are many more you are failing to consider.

In your opinion, would you consider someone who "doesn't agree or has a problem with" black men kissing white women in public as "hateful"?

You gunna be able to marry your dog.......gunna be able to marry your cat

They just can't get those bestiality images out of there mind

So, why is it anyone who doesn't agree with or has a problem with men in size 13 or 14 shoes kissing each other on the mouth suddenly hateful? I oppose gay marriage as a personal opinion, but that has no bearing on my belief the people should be treated equally under the law. And that's just it, from your perspective. There are many more you are failing to consider.

In your opinion, would you consider someone who "doesn't agree or has a problem with" black men kissing white women in public as "hateful"?

STOP trying to compare homo marriage to blacks in any shape or form. Homosexuals are NOT a race

STOP trying to compare homo marriage to blacks in any shape or form. Homosexuals are NOT a race

No, I think I'll continue to do so.

I know it makes your position harder to defend, but tough shit.

Christians are here to stay, too. Gay people must get used to that fact as well.
To be fair I don't hear fags bitching about christians or their lifestyles. Can't say the same thing from the opposite perspective

But, I hear them trying to justify their lifestyles with the Bible, while calling Christians bigots and homophobes in the same breath. So, how can one side complain about the religious oppression of their lifestyles while criticizing their beliefs in the same manner?

They are. If a gay person wants Christians to accept his lifestyle, he must strive to accept theirs. Otherwise, there will always be hatred between the two.

First, a gay person calls a Christian a bigot and a homophobe for being against their way of life. Then, they try to use the Bible to justify it. Next, they then ridicule the Christian for his beliefs and his way of life. So, how is that not contradictory?

You don't seem to understand the dynamics in play here. You're trying to warp the conversation into making gay people into "bigots" against Christianity, and that position isn't supported by reality.

When was the last time a gay person tried to make it illegal for Christians to get married?

The tu quoque argument will not work, Doc.

It's contradictory in the sense that a gay person accuses a Christian of trying to legislate morality, while all the same trying to legislate his way of life on others as well.

Once again, you state this from your perspective only, Doc. So when you state "this position isn't supported by reality" I am gathering it is the version of reality you espouse to. You have yours, I have mine.

So...he likes to watch.

He didn't have a choice. So, should he have to change the way he had to travel simply because of men kissing each other clean on the mouth? There were no doubt other bystanders who had no choice, they saw it whether they wanted to or not.

Never go anywhere where gay men might be, or keep his eyes closed firmly all the time.

I see heteros kissing in public all the time....I do not feel the need to stop and stare or go to a council meeting and rant about having been "made" to watch them.

Now I will start off by saying that his views don't necessarily reflect mine, so save the "you're a bigot" or "you're a homophobe", "or where in the Bible does it say this, that or the other thing" posts. But you must admire the gall and the guts of a Birmingham Pastor named Cedric Hatcher for absolutely taking a taking a Town Hall meeting by storm, throwing political correctness to the wind to voice his mind on the topic of homosexuality.

I tell you what, hoss, Duracell didn't have no batteries on the shelf that morning.

"I know Alabama pay [sic] a lotta money yesterday. I know somebody else who paid a lotta money too: Duracell ain't got no batteries on the shelf this morning. All 'them batteries gone. I tried to find a battery for my radio this morning, couldn't find there [sic] nowhere. I said, "what happened?" They said, "Rev, them done bought all the batteries last night, they celebrated some kind of way, just bought all the batteries." I don't know what they do to batteries, but I mo preach.. I ain't going there. I don't know what they did with all them batteries."

Amen is all I can say, and hey in the face of it all why not be a little humorous in the process, because people have almost got to laugh to keep from crying about what's going on against the Christians or any other that don't agree with what is going on in this nation anymore.

It only reveals your ignorance

Let me be the first to thank you...that was a muthafuggan hoot!

The tu quoque argument will not work, Doc.

It's contradictory in the sense that a gay person accuses a Christian of trying to legislate morality, while all the same trying to legislate his way of life on others as well.

Once again, you state this from your perspective only, Doc. So when you state "this position isn't supported by reality" I am gathering it is the version of reality you espouse to. You have yours, I have mine.

No, you don't get to have your own reality.

I'm not aware of any suggested laws that would force anyone to get gay married.

It only reveals your ignorance

Actually, no. It reveals your lack of critical thinking skills.

So, why is it anyone who doesn't agree with or has a problem with men in size 13 or 14 shoes kissing each other on the mouth on the streets suddenly hateful? I oppose gay marriage as a personal opinion, but that has no bearing on my belief the people should be treated equally under the law. And that's just it, from your perspective. There are many more you are failing to consider.
So...if that same "preacher" gave the same speech but replaced gay with christian, he wouldn't be hateful?

So...he likes to watch.

I see heteros kissing in public all the time....I do not feel the need to stop and stare or go to a council meeting and rant about having been "made" to watch them.
You an adult, where as people are concerned mostly about their children being exposed to anything and everything now.

Let me be the first to thank you...that was a muthafuggan hoot!

It made the homos mad...

Forum List

Back