an advocate for the banned or about to be banned etc

well.....seems changes at this board are ongoing and rather nice.....while on my 32 day hiatus.....i bounced around here and there....and discovered a political board with an appeal system for those facing being banned. i guess one might call it a cyber court. now i am well aware that the banning wagon has pretty much come to a halt and that is nice....but would admin and mods (stop shaking your heads and muttering nasty stuff) consider this?

how do you as a poster feel about this?

since i cant be mod...i have decided to be an advocate for the banned or about to be banned...

How would we know if we were banned or about to be banned?

Either a warning is posted in the thread

they PM you
or
Put a warning just above the area where your rep comments are.

Ask me how I know :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
no there should not be a problem with that....

so meister....you are onboard with the appeals and all?

:rock::rock::rock:

Not really, Bones. We have very few rules on this board, but we do enforce the ones we have. If we had an appeals board, that we just about take up all my time on this board. It would become a job and not a place to enjoy the bantering.
There are very few rules that are broken where it goes straight to a ban. There are warnings and infractions given before a ban is imposed.

no one gets my sense of humor....sad bunch you are...of course you cant have an appeals court....i was so tempted to try to get banned on that board just to see how an appeals court would go.....you said...they said..

what mods want to relax and have fun? not on my watch.....:evil:

This board is by far the easiest on the ban hammer I have ever seen.

It seems great now.

In the past I was banned for life for posting an article Midnight maurader didnt like.

He ended up being the one banned in the end and I was reinstated,

The owner here rocks for cleaning it up.

It wasn't the owners, TM. It was the mods that got you reinstated.

I would start a thread and it would disapear, I would then reenter thinking something had jsut messed up. Then a mod would give me an infraction for spaming.

I figured it out because people would taunt me to come back to the thread and would even give me a link to the thread that my account would not let me see.

I would click on the link to the thread and would get the message that I was trying to do something my account would not allow.

I told the mods and they had no idea how it happened and did nothing to fix it.

Then the renamed threads of mine got corrected and all of the sudden people like Gunny and midnight maurader were Gone.

Someone figured it out.

I praise the owners for cleaning up the site and doing the right thing

Holy crap, you really do think highly of yourself, don't you? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

what exactly does that mean and or have to do with how this site used to be run?

I'm just impressed by your ability to think everything is about you. Anyone who disagrees with you, and it's because they 'hate' you - it can't possibly be that they just disagree with you. If the site admin changes, that must be because the owner saw how 'badly' you were being treated and fired people.... it's always all about you. You are one of the most ignorant, narrow minded, bigoted people I have bumped into on the net.... but it's never you, it's always someone else' fault. No wonder you're a fucking lefty. You're an ignorant, painfully stupid, fool.

But I seriously do not hate you - hate would require some form of caring about you and I honest can say I do not care about you one iota.

On topic. I found that, with patience and some logical discussion, one can appeal on behalf of those who have been banned.

I have a request.

An infraction should disappear from your user CP after it expires.

I've been looking at an infraction I didn't commit for two years now...make it go away.

Frankly, I am amazed at how many mods practice personal insults as a debate tactic. Apparently, you don't have to be real bright to get the job.

Wow. Right out of the Dale Carnegie course on "How to Win Friends and Influence People" :)

That surprises me that you view the mods like that. I would have thought of you as more of a supporter of authority.

Oh, I get it. Modbert gets on your nerves.

Last edited:
Frankly, I am amazed at how many mods practice personal insults as a debate tactic. Apparently, you don't have to be real bright to get the job.

Wow. Right out of the Dale Carnegie course on "How to Win Friends and Influence People" :)

That surprises me that you view the mods like that. I would have thought of you as more of a supporter of authority.

And another one flew right over Sky Dancer's head. :)

I was going through an issue, and needed clarification.

WTFF? Good grief. You never stop.

Care4All and Pixie are Judge AND Jury on here.

dg4006.jpg

Forum List

Back