an advocate for the banned or about to be banned etc

well.....seems changes at this board are ongoing and rather nice.....while on my 32 day hiatus.....i bounced around here and there....and discovered a political board with an appeal system for those facing being banned. i guess one might call it a cyber court. now i am well aware that the banning wagon has pretty much come to a halt and that is nice....but would admin and mods (stop shaking your heads and muttering nasty stuff) consider this?

how do you as a poster feel about this?

since i cant be mod...i have decided to be an advocate for the banned or about to be banned...

How would we know if we were banned or about to be banned?

you get one of these...

0.jpg

You have no idea what it was like to be a left leaning poster on this board in the past.

There was no fair for us.

I was told to fuck off by a mod once when I asked for help with something.

I had my words Changed repetedly to insult me.

I had threads dissapeared.

Over and over any ask for help was answered with "gee I just dont know ,Ill ask so and so later, then nothing would ever happen.

I had threads dissapeared so only I could not see them.

Everyone else could go post in them and I would get the "your not allowed to see this information" gig.

There was NO ONE to talk to about it because they were all in cahoots and complaining on the board would get you banned.

I think whoever owned this site must have found out what they were doing.

Now I think the rules will be applied evenly to all sides.

REAL fair and blanced instead of what right wingers think is fair and balenced

Frankly, I am amazed at how many mods practice personal insults as a debate tactic. Apparently, you don't have to be real bright to get the job.

if i was real bright, i wouldn't have taken the job.
:eusa_shhh:

well.....seems changes at this board are ongoing and rather nice.....while on my 32 day hiatus.....i bounced around here and there....and discovered a political board with an appeal system for those facing being banned. i guess one might call it a cyber court. now i am well aware that the banning wagon has pretty much come to a halt and that is nice....but would admin and mods (stop shaking your heads and muttering nasty stuff) consider this?

since i cant be mod...i have decided to be an advocate for the banned or about to be banned...

I saw a similar thing at another board. It was a disaster, and the admin ended it. The drama was way, way, way over the top.

Best we don't go there.

Hypothetically, for what reasons would a, by all accounts, really nice person be banned? :confused:

I saw a similar thing at another board. It was a disaster, and the admin ended it. The drama was way, way, way over the top.

Best we don't go there.

:eusa_think:yea I guess you're right....what we need is a forum where we can have a bitch fest, like the 'parking lot" or a "flame zone"....:eusa_eh:

Hypothetically, for what reasons would a, by all accounts, really nice person be banned? :confused:

threatening another member with harm, repeatedly arguing with mods in the public forums, repeatedly insulting another poster's family members, spamming the board, advocating violence against a public figure (assassination etc). we almost always give warnings before we ban someone-we're not here to ban people

You have no idea what it was like to be a left leaning poster on this board in the past.

There was no fair for us.

I was told to fuck off by a mod once when I asked for help with something.

I had my words Changed repetedly to insult me.

I had threads dissapeared.

Over and over any ask for help was answered with "gee I just dont know ,Ill ask so and so later, then nothing would ever happen.

I had threads dissapeared so only I could not see them.

Everyone else could go post in them and I would get the "your not allowed to see this information" gig.

There was NO ONE to talk to about it because they were all in cahoots and complaining on the board would get you banned.

I think whoever owned this site must have found out what they were doing.

Now I think the rules will be applied evenly to all sides.

REAL fair and blanced instead of what right wingers think is fair and balenced

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT. There were more left wing mods under Gunny then other types. You are a lying dumb shit. Grow up.

threatening another member with harm, repeatedly arguing with mods in the public forums, repeatedly insulting another poster's family members, spamming the board, advocating violence against a public figure (assassination etc). we almost always give warnings before we ban someone-we're not here to ban people

We're not permitted to argue with mods? Sincere question.

not in public.

Depends. You can as a poster argue with a mod just posting in a thread. You may NOT argue with an official mod position or decision.

There are about three ways to get banned here, near as I can tell. That's one of them.

EDIT - Oh, as RGS said, you can argue issues with mods but not moderating decisions.

let me clarify.
you can argue with mods about anything except how we moderate on the public boards.

e.g. you can argue the suitability of bachmann as POTUS with me till the cows come home, but if i moved your thread about the same subject from the politics forum to the flame zone, you can't argue about that with me ON THE PUBLIC BOARDS. you can, and many have, argue about moderator actions via PMs or the post reporting function.

does this answer your question or have i just confused the issue more? :lol:

Forum List

Back