Among The Costs Of War: $20B In Air Conditioning!

Now wait just a minute, we were told the Iraq war would cost 40 billion tops.

:link: I never saw an estimate from the administration claiming $40 billion tops.

I remember Bush did not want to give an estimate but the $50 to $100 billion number was tossed out there if it went like the 1991 Gulf War that cost $80 billion in 2003 dollars. They were claiming the damage done on 9/11 was about $100 billion & 2,000 lives were lost. So I figured as long as it only cost $100 billion & less than 2,000 lives it would be a fair trade to prevent further attacks. I should have known to take anything the government says & multiply by 10.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8DaIfFejco&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Assurances‬‏[/ame]

Alaska Shelters are the most comprehensively tested military shelters in the world. Alaska Shelters have been successfully tested at US government laboratories and 3rd party independent laboratories to withstand a 20 lb per square foot snow load, 70 mph sustained wind speeds (with 80 mph gusts) and a 4in per hour rain load with 55mph wind speeds. Alaska Shelters have also been successfully tested to provide an internal shelter temperature range between 65F to 75F when tested in ambient temperatures ranging from -25F to +120F with only 60,000 BTU’s of air conditioning and 12kW of heating.​

There is something very wrong with the numbers you copied from the advertisment you are using on these tents. Ok to be able to maintain 75F indoor temp with 120F outdoor temp with 60K BTUs cooling is doable depending on the square footage. 120-75F=45F dif temp. Now 12kw heat= almost 41K BTUs yet -25F to 65F = 90F temp dif. Not likely unless its a 5X5 room. The figures you are quoting are from an ad and they are cherry picking their data to make it sound good.

uscitizen has yet to produce a $40 billion tops link. Rummy hinted that the OMB estimated the cost at less than $50 billion in one of your videos. I don't know how they figured it would cost less than the 1991 Iraq War.

There is something very wrong with the numbers you copied from the advertisment you are using on these tents. Ok to be able to maintain 75F indoor temp with 120F outdoor temp with 60K BTUs cooling is doable depending on the square footage. 120-75F=45F dif temp. Now 12kw heat= almost 41K BTUs yet -25F to 65F = 90F temp dif. Not likely unless its a 5X5 room. The figures you are quoting are from an ad and they are cherry picking their data to make it sound good.
It depends on the insulation and the air-tightness of the shelter, doesn't it?

Hint: Yes.

So why do you sound like you just realized you elected Joe Biden as VP?

I was referring to Rummy.
Of course. Your favorite boogeyman.

What boogeyman?

He was one of the biggest authors of the war crime that was Iraq. Him and the other PNAC cowboys gave a rosey assed picture of this war which blew up in their faces.

And they continued to lie, steal and cheat their way out of responsibility. Then passed it off to the next administration.

I was referring to Rummy.
Of course. Your favorite boogeyman.

What boogeyman?

He was one of the biggest authors of the war crime that was Iraq. Him and the other PNAC cowboys gave a rosey assed picture of this war which blew up in their faces.

And they continued to lie, steal and cheat their way out of responsibility. Then passed it off to the next administration.

No GETBUSHROVERUMMYCHENEY. No perp walk. No trial at the Hague. All you have is butthurt and people laughing at you.

Well it was 122 here today windchill of 128 yeah Ill take the air conditioning for 600 alex in the tents and the mwrap the 998 and whatever you wanna put it in. Hook me up son cuz its hot over here. Besides if anybody REALY wanted to collect a debt from America we would be the next! No worries, keep the cool times comin

Well... There are ways to cool off that don't really cost anything.

1. You can dig a hole about a foot or deeper into the ground that is as big as your torso. The ground is much cooler since most of the heat is ontop of the ground.
2. Use a refrigeration system that is powered by solar panels. No energy costs.
3. Have one room only that has air conditioning that everyone can access.
4. Dig trenches that you can walk in and put some boards over it. You will have lots of shade and you can build something that pushes air in there powered by a solar panel.

This $20 Billion can go towards more useful stuff such as jobs.

Military Tent Foam Insulation Report Vastly improves soldiers living conditions & saves a lot of US soldiers & contractors lives.

The energy savings from foam insulating a tent in Iraq pays back the cost of insulating it in only 47 days!!! We have been in Iraq 8 years & even longer in Afghanistan. WTF!!!

Pentagon Prioritizes Pursuit Of Alternative Fuel Sources
"A $95 million program to spray-foam tents in Iraq has dramatically reduced the amount of fuel needed for heating and cooling, saving $2 million in energy costs per day, Anderson said. It is also reducing the Army's logistical footprint, which includes roughly 900 trucks per day moving in and out of Iraq…

"A $29 million contract has been signed to insulate tents in Afghanistan, where vulnerable land supply routes pose serious challenges as the United States attempts to build up its forces…"

Last edited:
Well... There are ways to cool off that don't really cost anything.

1. You can dig a hole about a foot or deeper into the ground that is as big as your torso. The ground is much cooler since most of the heat is ontop of the ground.
2. Use a refrigeration system that is powered by solar panels. No energy costs.
3. Have one room only that has air conditioning that everyone can access.
4. Dig trenches that you can walk in and put some boards over it. You will have lots of shade and you can build something that pushes air in there powered by a solar panel.

This $20 Billion can go towards more useful stuff such as jobs.

Dig trenches in a dessert environment known to house some of the most deadly snakes spiders and scorpions in the world. So that we can save on air conditioning????? Risk my life living and digging holes to save you money that youre actually going to pay to government anyway because if we werent at war you would still be in the same tax bracket and they would still find something to spend the money on. I think not.

Forum List

Back