Americorps Tells White Students to Wear White Armbands as Reminder of White Privilege

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Americorps Tells White Students to Wear White Armbands as Reminder of White Privilege

March 11, 2013
By Daniel Greenfield

Belgian-Jews-wearing-the-star-of-David-249x350.jpg

I assume that the Yellow Stars are coming next.

The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction runs several programs that heavily emphasize racial issues in public schools.

Some feel that one of those programs – an Americorps operation called VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) – may go a bit overboard by encouraging white students to wear a white wristband “as a reminder about your (white) privilege.”

Americorps acorn - Google Search

...:eek:

That's just great. Let's see how much more racial tension and animosity they can create.

That's insane. What privilege do I have? And how the heck is a white armband going to make it any more or less obvious that Im white?

Is this freakin serious?

and that matters because....?

That should tell you something about their credibility. Horowitz is a liar.

There are four separate links about the story in the OP. And somehow you are talking about Glenn Beck and David Horowitz. Both who are quite a bit more honest than you are.

Neither of those guys come close to being honest as I am...they are both pathological liars and do a disservice to true journalism.

That should tell you something about their credibility. Horowitz is a liar.

There are four separate links about the story in the OP. And somehow you are talking about Glenn Beck and David Horowitz. Both who are quite a bit more honest than you are.

Neither of those guys come close to being honest as I am...they are both pathological liars and do a disservice to true journalism.

Translation: I disagree with what they say so I have to demean them and their accomplishments.

There is no one more privileged today than a black man. The present occupant of the White House is Example Number One. Our first affirmative action president.

'W' was the deformative action president.

Both Dems and Reps must go. Obama isn't bad or good because of genes. Party makes the man, and the two party dictatorship makes all in it corrupt.

March 11, 2013
By Daniel Greenfield

Belgian-Jews-wearing-the-star-of-David-249x350.jpg

I assume that the Yellow Stars are coming next.

The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction runs several programs that heavily emphasize racial issues in public schools.

Some feel that one of those programs – an Americorps operation called VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) – may go a bit overboard by encouraging white students to wear a white wristband “as a reminder about your (white) privilege.”

Americorps acorn - Google Search

...:eek:

It sounds like one of several tools available, but not mandatory, to increase students sensitivity to racial issues. As such, it's probably benign.

I would note, though, that this comes out of heavily and solidly Republican Wisconsin, so it's gonna be hard to hang this one on liberals, ain't it?

"I would note, though, that this comes out of heavily and solidly Republican Wisconsin, so it's gonna be hard to hang this one on liberals, ain't it?"

'guy, what are you thinking about? Have you forgotten the rules? To repeat, if they don't like it and/or it has a negative effect (in their eyes), it is 'liberal'. Really, I would have thought this obvious to you by now.

Well...at first I thought this had to be a false story by some uber-biased website - but damn - this is actually a true story!
WTF??
"White privilege" - whatever. White privilege hasn't existed for 35-40 years now.
Any "advantage" the white race has now is self-induced. And disadvantages of blacks are self-inflicted.

moving on.

That's insane. What privilege do I have? And how the heck is a white armband going to make it any more or less obvious that Im white?

Is this freakin serious?

Americorp is Hillary's group. I guess they want everyone to hate whites for some reason.

White people = Republicans

White Gun Owners = Mass murderers

Heterosexual couples = Bigots

Military vets = Gun Owners = Mass murderers = Bigots = Republicans

To the left the lowest human in existence is a Republican.

Last edited:

Both Dems and Reps must go. Obama isn't bad or good because of genes. Party makes the man, and the two party dictatorship makes all in it corrupt.

the partys are run by the people

the country is then run by the choice from these partys two power structures.

No on is a dictator and your crap is really stupid.

If you get rid of the partys the people will pick the exact same types from new partys.

You ultra simplistic crap just amounts to nothing but a childish rant

Well...at first I thought this had to be a false story by some uber-biased website - but damn - this is actually a true story!
WTF??
"White privilege" - whatever. White privilege hasn't existed for 35-40 years now.
Any "advantage" the white race has now is self-induced. And disadvantages of blacks are self-inflicted.

moving on.

Class warfare 101.

Is this freakin serious?

Americorp is Hillary's group. I guess they want everyone to hate whites for some reason.

White people = Republicans

White Gun Owners = Mass murderers

Heterosexual couples = Bigots

Military vets = Gun Owners = Mass murderers = Bigots = Republicans

To the left the lowest human in existence is a Republican.

The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction is one of Hillary's groups? Since it's a state government agency, wouldn't it more like be one of Scott Walker's groups?

I dont know what Bush has to do with this discussion. Does every criticism of Obama immediately lead you to mutter "BOOOSH"?

I dont know what Bush has to do with this discussion. Does every criticism of Obama immediately lead you to mutter "BOOOSH"?

Why not? Every criticism of Bush seems to lead to, "Well...Obama does it too!"

Forum List

Back