America’s wealthiest families smash income ceiling, middle-class left far behind

True perhaps for some, but it's GOP tax rates and policy that are screwing the non-rich in general.

Reagan and Bush, both cut rates for the non-rich.

Regan lowered the top 1%ers tax from 70 to 28 percent, while raising payroll taxes. Then, you can add increases in gas taxes and cigarette taxes.

Bush did lower taxes, enough to buy season tickets to your favorite team. But then he crashed the economy, which middle class and poor have yet to recover.

In 1981, married filing jointly, earnings between $24,600-$29,900 were in the 32% bracket.
In 1982, that dropped to 29%. In 1983, 26%. In 1984, 25%. In 1987, mostly the 15% bracket.
In 1988, entirely in the 15% bracket.
The brackets below those income levels had similar drops in rate.

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/docs/fed_individual_rate_history_nominal.pdf

Good for them. One exception that proves the rule. How much does a registration and licenses, etc etc, cost, and what percentage are those? Much more expensive in the last 30 years.

The rich guy with 3 cars pays more for licenses and registrations than the poor guy with 1 or no cars.

I don't pay for any licenses, or registrations, or insurance, and yet I have three cars. If you include my collection, I have 33 cars and trucks. I still don't pay for any of the above.

Yes, your imaginary life is very interesting.

The richest pay less than everyone else in ALL taxes and fees, especially in state, local taxes and fees, which hit the non-rich the hardest,

Here in Illinois, the income tax is a flat 5%.

Show how a guy with $1,000,000 in income pays less than a guy who makes $20,000.
Show how a guy with a $1,000,000 house pays less in property taxes than a guy with a $150,000 house.

Since the majority of the wealthy have trusts and/or corporations to funnel monies, high net individual pay very little if anything.

I made $26.5M last year, and paid zero. This year I'll make $30M and again will pay zero.

My Mothers house on the beach in southern California is appraised at $1.6M, her property tax bill for 2014 is $420.00.

I made $26.5M last year, and paid zero. This year I'll make $30M and again will pay zero.

Whether you have the income and pay $7M or the trust has the income and pays $7M, the net is the same.

Good for them. One exception that proves the rule. How much does a registration and licenses, etc etc, cost, and what percentage are those? Much more expensive in the last 30 years.

The rich guy with 3 cars pays more for licenses and registrations than the poor guy with 1 or no cars.
Percentage of income, dingbat?

That's not what you said, idjit.
You seem to ALWAYS be wrong lol...

The richest pay less than everyone else in ALL taxes and fees, especially in state, local taxes and fees, which hit the non-rich the hardest, and which have gone up in response to lower Fed aid. Never reported on Fox etc, of course, just bs about Fed income taxes. Also, the richest have the lawyers and accountants to take advantage of all the BS Pub loopholes for them, Pub dupe.

Idiot says what? LOL!

True perhaps for some, but it's GOP tax rates and policy that are screwing the non-rich in general.

Regan lowered the top 1%ers tax from 70 to 28 percent, while raising payroll taxes. Then, you can add increases in gas taxes and cigarette taxes.

Bush did lower taxes, enough to buy season tickets to your favorite team. But then he crashed the economy, which middle class and poor have yet to recover.

In 1981, married filing jointly, earnings between $24,600-$29,900 were in the 32% bracket.
In 1982, that dropped to 29%. In 1983, 26%. In 1984, 25%. In 1987, mostly the 15% bracket.

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/docs/fed_individual_rate_history_nominal.pdf

Again, you don't PAY tax rates. If you'll post your effective (actual) rate, my bet is that it went up.

Easy: Total federal tax paid ÷ total earnings.

The richest pay less than everyone else in ALL taxes and fees, especially in state, local taxes and fees, which hit the non-rich the hardest, and which have gone up in response to lower Fed aid. Never reported on Fox etc, of course, just bs about Fed income taxes. Also, the richest have the lawyers and accountants to take advantage of all the BS Pub loopholes for them, Pub dupe.

Idiot says what? LOL!

It's true. My 2013 personal tax rate on $26.5M was zero. Thank You for voting Republican!!!!

Idiot says what? LOL!

It's true. My 2013 personal tax rate on $26.5M was zero. Thank You for voting Republican!!!!

It's true, your trust paid taxes instead of you. So what.

The richest pay less than everyone else in ALL taxes and fees, especially in state, local taxes and fees, which hit the non-rich the hardest,

Show how a guy with $1,000,000 in income pays less than a guy who makes $20,000.
Show how a guy with a $1,000,000 house pays less in property taxes than a guy with a $150,000 house.

Since the majority of the wealthy have trusts and/or corporations to funnel monies, high net individual pay very little if anything.

My Mothers house on the beach in southern California is appraised at $1.6M, her property tax bill for 2014 is $420.00.

Whether you have the income and pay $7M or the trust has the income and pays $7M, the net is the same.

No. The trust is a corporation. Expenses such as my lifestyle are 100% deductible. If I filed as an individual, most of the deductions wouldn't be available. Of those available, all would only be a percentage.

Idiot says what? LOL!

See post 390.

Again, you don't PAY tax rates. If you'll post your effective (actual) rate, my bet is that it went up.

Feel free to post numbers proving your claim.

No. The trust is a corporation. Expenses such as my lifestyle are 100% deductible. If I filed as an individual, most of the deductions wouldn't be available. Of those available, all would only be a percentage.

No. The trust is a corporation.

So your trust paid corporate taxes. So what?

Idiot says what? LOL!

See post 390.

See post 393.

They're your numbers, post them, or would that blow your position?

They're your numbers, post them, or would that blow your position?

What position of mine would be blown by what numbers? Be specific.

What are "total earnings" as opposed to your taxable income reported to the IRS?

What are "total earnings" as opposed to your taxable income reported to the IRS?

An IRS rule.

Forum List

Back