Americas Turning to Atheism.

What do you rely on to be a 'good' person? God and church are a part of my life because I strive to be a better person.

I rely on myself to be a good person, I do not need a church or religion to direct me to the "right" path for this.

-TSO

Where did god say the church or religion, would get you to heaven?

Umm tithing?

And which God the god of the Joos or the god of the Christians? Ohh wait they are the same god dude.

but you have a point. Jesus promoted no chruches, but he did promote the temple of god when he ran the money changers out. and was crucified for his troubles.

But what makes a "good" person? Do you agree with the Ten Commandments?

1. You shall not worship any other god but YHWH. - Disagree

2. You shall not make a graven image. - Disagree

3. You shall not take the name of YHWH in vain. - Disagree

4. You shall not break the Sabbath. - Disagree

5. You shall not dishonor your parents. - Agreed

6. You shall not murder. - Agreed

7. You shall not commit adultery - Agreed

8. You shall not steal. - Agreed

9. You shall not commit perjury. - Agreed

10. You shall not covet. - Agreed, to a point.

The ones that don't involve religion are fine although I can covet something that isn't mine, however as long as i don't try to take what isn't mine, I don't feel it's all that bad.

-TSO

Sounds selfrightous.

Do you believe in the Tennents of Bhudism?

I don't know what they are, but I have a feeling they deal with being a good person. Just like tenets of all religions. My concern is that there are no moral tenets to atheism. How does one teach a child right from wrong?

I don't know what they are, but I have a feeling they deal with being a good person. Just like tenets of all religions. My concern is that there are no moral tenets to atheism. How does one teach a child right from wrong?

simple teach them one rule, the golden rule. Teach them to think about if they would want someone else to do to them what they are doing to someone else.

Again Froggy falls to the WORST of belief systems. BELIEVE IN GOD BECAUSE THE ALTERNATIVE IS TOO SCARY! Do you REALLY think your GOD will accept you with such CYNICISM in your heart?

No that your tale of what 'm saying.I'm just saying i win either way.My faith in God is my personal choice. When you have the love of God, you want everyone to have it, so telling someone about God isn't forcing them to do anything . Its all up to you to make that choice. No one else can do it for you.

Because to an ATHIEST moral are SO OBVIOUS tht we don't NEED to be taught right from wrong. DON'T HURT OTHERS pretty much sums up ALL the moral TRUTHS one needs to know.

The results are showing, america the fallen.

Just as the Romans, and Greeks all degenerated , with their Homosexual societies,
So will America, and her attempts at homosexualizing the general population, also
degenerate.Which is all part of the athiest no morals anything goes attitude.

Last edited:

Psalms 137: 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Again Froggy falls to the WORST of belief systems. BELIEVE IN GOD BECAUSE THE ALTERNATIVE IS TOO SCARY! Do you REALLY think your GOD will accept you with such CYNICISM in your heart?

No that your tale of what 'm saying.I'm just saying i win either way.My faith in God is my personal choice. When you have the love of God, you want everyone to have it, so telling someone about God isn't forcing them to do anything . Its all up to you to make that choice. No one else can do it for you.

You are HEDGING your bets. Nothing MORE nothing LESS and you KNOW it because I have seen you use a famous quote, which I can not recall, to explain your belief in God. You ENTIRE LIFE of your belief in God is based on a TOTALLY cynical "I win either way". I don't think that will cut it if there really is a God, in FACT, I believe I would have a FAR greater chance to wind up in heaven than you because I am not USING God for my own SELFISH wants like YOU are.

What do you rely on to be a 'good' person? God and church are a part of my life because I strive to be a better person.

I rely on myself to be a good person, I do not need a church or religion to direct me to the "right" path for this.

-TSO

Neither do I, obviously what I said went over your head. Do you believe you're as good as you're ever going to be? You don't need to improve in any area of your life at all? You don't use anything to help motivate you, inspire you, give you hope? If so, you're not being honest with yourself.

You are HEDGING your bets. Nothing MORE nothing LESS and you KNOW it because I have seen you use a famous quote, which I can not recall, to explain your belief in God. You ENTIRE LIFE of your belief in God is based on a TOTALLY cynical "I win either way". I don't think that will cut it if there really is a God, in FACT, I believe I would have a FAR greater chance to wind up in heaven than you because I am not USING God for my own SELFISH wants like YOU are.

And my wanting others to be saved is a selfish want.

1. You shall not worship any other god but YHWH. - Disagree

2. You shall not make a graven image. - Disagree

3. You shall not take the name of YHWH in vain. - Disagree

4. You shall not break the Sabbath. - Disagree

5. You shall not dishonor your parents. - Agreed

6. You shall not murder. - Agreed

7. You shall not commit adultery - Agreed

8. You shall not steal. - Agreed

9. You shall not commit perjury. - Agreed

10. You shall not covet. - Agreed, to a point.

The ones that don't involve religion are fine although I can covet something that isn't mine, however as long as i don't try to take what isn't mine, I don't feel it's all that bad.

-TSO

Sounds selfrightous.

Sorry Froggy but YOU calling someone "SELFRIGHTOUS" is pretty ridiculous!

-TSO

Where did god say the church or religion, would get you to heaven?

Umm tithing?

And which God the god of the Joos or the god of the Christians? Ohh wait they are the same god dude.

but you have a point. Jesus promoted no chruches, but he did promote the temple of god when he ran the money changers out. and was crucified for his troubles.

People, disciples were His church. It's no different today.

And my wanting others to be saved is a selfish want.

With your SELFISH belief in "I win either way" YOU won't even be saved!

Forum List

Back