Americas Turning to Atheism.

For the most part, God prefers Atheists to Christians. He finds Christians to be stuffy, self centered, judgemental and in a word.....boring

If God were to come up to Atheists, introduce himself, do a small miracle.....Atheists would shake his hand and sit down and have a beer with him.
Christians would conspire to put themselves in better standing than other faiths

So, killing babies is good and moral when done in revenge.
Praise God.

Ro 12:19* Avenge not yourselves, beloved, but give place unto the wrath of God: for it is written, Vengeance belongeth unto me; I will recompense, saith the Lord.

Who said that? The psalm is not God telling His people to go out and kill babies, it's a simple story as was explained in my earilier post. I really don't see what your point is? The Bible is bad because there's a historical story in there about a group of people singing a song of revenge after they were enslaved? Is that the point you're trying to make by taking something out of context?

But god does tell the Jews to kill all those who do not flee before them. Including women and children.

Read about Jericho.

I've read the Bible, I know the stories, and I know how they're taken out of context when needed. You can't read one book or one chapter or one verse without seeing and understanding how it fits into the whole.

For the most part, God prefers Atheists to Christians. He finds Christians to be stuffy, self centered, judgemental and in a word.....boring

If God were to come up to Atheists, introduce himself, do a small miracle.....Atheists would shake his hand and sit down and have a beer with him.
Christians would conspire to put themselves in better standing than other faiths

Another regurgitation of propaganda, and someone who obviously hasn't attended a Christian church for any length of time. How is your statement above not judgemental? And is that all Christians, most Christians, some Christians? And do you seriously think Christians don't drink beer? Your narrow mind is showing. :lol:

Your view of religion and the role that it plays in a christian's life is skewed.

No it's not. I have plenty experience in life to know how Christians use religion/Christ. It's their anchor, it's their blanket, it's there excuse to do things wrong and not feel bad about it.
-TSO

Really? Why is it that I'm not like that and I'm a christian then? How do you explain that? If you attended any Christian church you would learn that what you just said is not what it taught at all, not even close.

I have attended many Christian churches, and I never said it is taught. It just happens to be how many Christians use religion.

-TSO

Please explain the atheist's moral foundation to me. Believe it or not, I respect other's opinions.

Our rights are LIMITLESS up to and untill they adversely effect the rights of others.

That's a nice thought, but it's not reality. Your rights can be taken away in an instant.

That's what secular governments are for...to protect our rights. Religious governments are historically known for taking away our rights.

Who said that? The psalm is not God telling His people to go out and kill babies, it's a simple story as was explained in my earilier post. I really don't see what your point is? The Bible is bad because there's a historical story in there about a group of people singing a song of revenge after they were enslaved? Is that the point you're trying to make by taking something out of context?

But god does tell the Jews to kill all those who do not flee before them. Including women and children.

Read about Jericho.

I've read the Bible, I know the stories, and I know how they're taken out of context when needed. You can't read one book or one chapter or one verse without seeing and understanding how it fits into the whole.

The truth is it does not all fit together.

No, relying on God is like having life insurance, don't be caught dead without it.

I haven't heard any complaints from dead atheists. :)

-TSO

Don't you wish they could send word back to you, would the message be: A man also died, and was buried. And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, "Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, "Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receiveth thy good tidings, and likewise Lazarus evil things: But now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Nice story. Not provable, but nice story.

Another regurgitation of propaganda, and someone who obviously hasn't attended a Christian church for any length of time. How is your statement above not judgemental? And is that all Christians, most Christians, some Christians? And do you seriously think Christians don't drink beer? Your narrow mind is showing. :lol:

It is not for me to judge...it is for God to judge

Go in peace my child

Last edited:
Many of the psalms rehearse episodes of Israel’s history, especially the story of Israel’s exodus from Egypt and its arrival in the promised land. Psalm 137 is a beautiful lament of the early days of Israel’s captivity in Babylon. The poem opens with the image of the Israelites weeping by the banks of the Babylonian rivers, longing for Jerusalem, or Zion. When their captors ask the Israelites to sing for them, the Israelites refuse, hanging their harps on the branches of the willow trees. The poet asks, “How could we sing the Lord’s / song / in a foreign land?” (137:4). The poem ends with a call for vengeance on the Babylonians. It acts as an earnest reminder both to the exiled Israelites and to later biblical readers of the importance of the promised land for the celebration of the Jewish faith.
Praise God.

Ro 12:19* Avenge not yourselves, beloved, but give place unto the wrath of God: for it is written, Vengeance belongeth unto me; I will recompense, saith the Lord.

So now we are told the bible is NOT the word of God! :cuckoo:

1Sa 15: 2* Thus saith Jehovah of hosts, I have marked that which Amalek did to Israel, how he set himself against him in the way, when he came up out of Egypt.
3* Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Last edited:

Read about Jericho.

The truth is it does not all fit together.

Yes, actually it does.

It is not for me to judge...it is for God to judge

Go in peace my son

Well, for once you got something right, it's not for you to judge. And I am anatomically unable to be 'your son', so making assumptions is something else you shouldn't do.:tongue:

Praise God.

1Sa 15: 2* Thus saith Jehovah of hosts, I have marked that which Amalek did to Israel, how he set himself against him in the way, when he came up out of Egypt.
3* Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Why don't you educate those of us reading this thread what your post is all about?

And while you're at it, why don't you quote something that Christ said that you disagree with? After all, it is CHRISTians that you are after, you know, followers of CHRIST.

Last edited:
And won't you be pissed to find out that God and religion was just a scam? Nobody knows, and there is no proof that God exists, so ultimately, we'll have to see.

-TSO

But if i'm wrong, what will i lose, i've enjoyed a good life. And if your wrong. (?)

I will have enjoyed a good life knowing I didn't rely on a God or a church to make me a good person. :)

-TSO

Anyone who thinks they need to rely on a god or church to be a good person, probably isn't one anyways.

Psalms 137: 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Many of the psalms rehearse episodes of Israel’s history, especially the story of Israel’s exodus from Egypt and its arrival in the promised land. Psalm 137 is a beautiful lament of the early days of Israel’s captivity in Babylon. The poem opens with the image of the Israelites weeping by the banks of the Babylonian rivers, longing for Jerusalem, or Zion. When their captors ask the Israelites to sing for them, the Israelites refuse, hanging their harps on the branches of the willow trees. The poet asks, “How could we sing the Lord’s / song / in a foreign land?” (137:4). The poem ends with a call for vengeance on the Babylonians. It acts as an earnest reminder both to the exiled Israelites and to later biblical readers of the importance of the promised land for the celebration of the Jewish faith.
Praise God.

Why don't you educate those of us reading this thread what your post is all about?

And while you're at it, why don't you quote something that Christ said that you disagree with? After all, it is CHRISTians that you are after, you know, followers of CHRIST.
Funny how YOU knew what my post was about for your first few rebuttals, but now suddenly you have to play dumb and then feebly try to change the subject as if Jesus is not God.

Last edited:
The results are showing, america the fallen.

Just as the Romans, and Greeks all degenerated , with their Homosexual societies,
So will America, and her attempts at homosexualizing the general population, also
degenerate.Which is all part of the athiest no morals anything goes attitude.
The Romans failed when they switched to Christianity.

Praise God.

Funny how YOU knew what my post was about for your first few rebuttals, but now suddenly you have to play dumb and then feebly try to change the subject as if Jesus is not God.

What's the matter? No good quotes to use from the New Testament? :lol: And I'm not playing dumb at all, I'm simply asking you to explain what you posted. Or maybe you just copied and pasted that from somewhere not knowing where it came from or what context it was in?

Forum List

Back