Americas Turning to Atheism.

Jesus said we are to keep Gods Commandments. But as for the old testament, (after Christs death on the cross paid our sins debt), now we have someone to intervene for us to God, so we not obligated by the old testament ways.

Jesus said...

Nobody can verify if these words were actually spoken by Jesus.

-TSO

I guess that would go for any historical figure that lived before the age of technology then. No one is telling you to believe anything, that's what's great about this country, you can do what you want. I'm not really sure what your problem is?

Jesus said...

-TSO

I guess that would go for any historical figure that lived before the age of technology then. No one is telling you to believe anything, that's what's great about this country, you can do what you want. I'm not really sure what your problem is?

so I can open a bar next to a church?

-TSO

Why not? Why do you have this strange notion that christians don't enjoy going out, drinking, or having a good time?

Why not? Why do you have this strange notion that christians don't enjoy going out, drinking, or having a good time?

Well it is illegal to do so in every state I have lived in.

No bars, girlie clubs, booze sales, etc within XXX feet of a church.

I believe those are local laws left over from our prohibitionist past. And the amount of footage isn't typically all that much either.

I believe those are local laws left over from our prohibitionist past. And the amount of footage isn't typically all that much either.

Laws are laws.

but there is not a law against opening a church within XXX feet of a girlie club, etc is there?

this was tried in Tampa FL while I lived there. Luckially the girlie club won out and was considered grandfathered in.

Laws are laws.

but there is not a law against opening a church within XXX feet of a girlie club, etc is there?

this was tried in Tampa FL while I lived there. Luckially the girlie club won out and was considered grandfathered in.

So, you're saying you couldn't respect the fact that people going to church don't want to walk past a club where women are degraded and treated like objects for the purpose of evil profit?

Laws are laws.

So, you're saying you couldn't respect the fact that people going to church don't want to walk past a club where women are degraded and treated like objects for the purpose of evil profit?

Nope I can't respect that fact. Becuse it is not seperation of church and state.
No laws shall be passed respecting the establishemnt of churches or somesuch in the constitution and no local entitiy or state may make laws in violation of the constitution.

Laws are laws.

Nope I can't respect that fact. Becuse it is not seperation of church and state.
No laws shall be passed respecting the establishemnt of churches or somesuch in the constitution and no local entitiy or state may make laws in violation of the constitution.

Most people misunderstand the separation of church and state, as you seem to do in your post. Having zoning regulations about where one can build a bar or a strip club has nothing to do with 'separation of church and state'. What do you think would happen if one tried to open up right in the middle of an upscale or middle class community of families with young children?

And if you can't have respect for others, then you shouldn't expect it for yourself and your beliefs either. Works both ways.

Most people misunderstand the separation of church and state, as you seem to do in your post. Having zoning regulations about where one can build a bar or a strip club has nothing to do with 'separation of church and state'. What do you think would happen if one tried to open up right in the middle of an upscale or middle class community of families with young children?

And if you can't have respect for others, then you shouldn't expect it for yourself and your beliefs either. Works both ways.

Capitalism always has respect for others?

Religion does not respect my right not to believe.
Even though I respect their right to believe as long as it does not impact me.

so we need temptation free zones for churches?

Last edited:

Capitalism isn't capable of respect or disrespect, only people are. So, you can name any economic system you can think of, and if people are involved there will be corruption, cheating, lying, as well as disrespect for the fellow man.

Religion isn't capable of respect or disrespect, only people are. So you can name any religion, or lack thereof you can think of, and if people are involved there will be corruption, cheating, lying, as well as disrespect for the fellow man.

The point is that there are good and bad people in every possible group or organization you can name.

It has nothing to do with temptation, so you're missing the point. You never answered my question about zoning regulations as to where a strip club could open. I'm sure if you were married with small children to raise, you'd just love one right across the street from you, right?

Whos making you believe, or maybe its conviction from God thats bothering you.

Forum List

Back