Americas Turning to Atheism.

And won't you be pissed to find out that God and religion was just a scam? Nobody knows, and there is no proof that God exists, so ultimately, we'll have to see.

-TSO

But if i'm wrong, what will i lose, i've enjoyed a good life. And if your wrong. (?)

I will have enjoyed a good life knowing I didn't rely on a God or a church to make me a good person. :)

-TSO

They simply pretend to believe in God for political purposes only.

You are spouting off a complete broad brush of most religous conservatives. There are plenty of religous people who have true faith for their own personal reasons, most of which are non-political.

I may not agree with them on the issue of religion, it doesn't mean i think they have faith for political reasons.

-TSO

And won't you be pissed to find out that God and religion was just a scam? Nobody knows, and there is no proof that God exists, so ultimately, we'll have to see.

-TSO

But if i'm wrong, what will i lose, i've enjoyed a good life. And if your wrong. (?)

I will have enjoyed a good life knowing I didn't rely on a God or a church to make me a good person. :)

-TSO

I'm a Christian, and I don't rely on God or church to make me a good person. What do you rely on to be a 'good' person? God and church are a part of my life because I strive to be a better person.

What do you rely on to be a 'good' person? God and church are a part of my life because I strive to be a better person.

I rely on myself to be a good person, I do not need a church or religion to direct me to the "right" path for this.

-TSO

But what makes a "good" person? Do you agree with the Ten Commandments?

1. You shall not worship any other god but YHWH. - Disagree

2. You shall not make a graven image. - Disagree

3. You shall not take the name of YHWH in vain. - Disagree

4. You shall not break the Sabbath. - Disagree

5. You shall not dishonor your parents. - Agreed

6. You shall not murder. - Agreed

7. You shall not commit adultery - Agreed

8. You shall not steal. - Agreed

9. You shall not commit perjury. - Agreed

10. You shall not covet. - Agreed, to a point.

The ones that don't involve religion are fine although I can covet something that isn't mine, however as long as i don't try to take what isn't mine, I don't feel it's all that bad.

-TSO

What do you rely on to be a 'good' person? God and church are a part of my life because I strive to be a better person.

I rely on myself to be a good person, I do not need a church or religion to direct me to the "right" path for this.

-TSO

Where did god say the church or religion, would get you to heaven?

Forum List

Back